Conquer Club

NEW: Speed Turns (Fast Notifier & Game Jump)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

NEW: Speed Turns (Fast Notifier & Game Jump)

Postby chipv on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Conquer Club Speed Turns

Download Conquer Club Speed Turns

Download Conquer Club Speed Turns (US version)

ImageImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage

This is an addon, not a greasemonkey script. You will be notified automatically about updates.
There is a comprehensive built-in help window so, in the Firefox Menu click Speed Turns->Help anytime.

Features

• Advanced turn notifier monitors anyone's turns on any web page (even outside Conquerclub)
  • No need to be logged in to CC.
  • Fast refresh time (uses CC API). Other notifiers use RSS which only gets refreshed every 5 mins, this one is near real-time.
  • Works outside of the webpage in order not to slow down pages.
  • Customizable refresh time
  • Team view monitors team-mate's turns
  • Sitter View monitors turns for multiple users (use for sitting accounts)
  • Combined View groups user and sitter users and team-mates turns together
  • Statusbar shows status and clock with time of next game to expire.
  • Right Click on Statusbar gives game jump to any ready game.
  • Sidebar shows full game details with links of all games including waiting games
  • Auto login facility. Can also be use to switch to a sitting account
  • Forum Pages have a notification of ready turns similar to PM inbox
  • Quick jump to next available ready game or any game (optionally in new tab).
  • History of selected users allows for quick switching.
  • Show anyone playing in any monitored game
Captain chipv

Re: NEW Addon: Speed Turns (Fast Notifier & Game Jump)

Postby chipv on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Please read the help window on install before posting here, thanks.
Captain chipv

Re: NEW: Speed Turns (Fast Notifier & Game Jump)

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Impressive. I haven't played with it much yet, but I can immediately tell how great it is for account sitting (since I'm currently sitting someone).

On the help menu, clicking the button shows the menu over all the other buttons. Should it replace the text below the buttons or at least show up below those?
Major Night Strike

Postby chipv on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:21 pm

Night Strike wrote:On the help menu, clicking the button shows the menu over all the other buttons. Should it replace the text below the buttons or at least show up below those?

No that's how I had it, but I could change that.
Captain chipv

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:53 am

Wow, very nice, chip.

Here are some bugs and suggestions:
  • You can enter negative number in "reload time". Also, do not allow to enter numbers lower than 5 (I guess) - or people might be able to spam CC API and the firefox itself will get laggy. I tried to enter 0.1 seconds and I was barely able to change that back to normal.
  • If you enter Auto login and click cancel - the option in menu will be checked but disabled.
  • If you logout of CC - that changes autologin to disabled. if it is a correct behavior - it is not mentioned in help.
  • Please change shortcuts description to Ctrl+Alt from Alt+Ctrl. We all know that you need to mention Ctrl before Alt.
  • I was not able to jump to game from status bar. Sidebar works fine.
  • Would it be hard to make a list of usernames for fast switching? I'd like to enter all my teammates names there and be able to switch the view for them with a few clicks.

Other than that - looks perfect, already using it myself!
Colonel Dako

Postby Masli on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:36 am

As always, greatly done Chipv ! =D> =D> =D>

(I now use Conquertell for when I have to sit for someones account !)
Colonel Masli

Postby chipv on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:54 am

Dako wrote:Wow, very nice, chip.

Here are some bugs and suggestions:
  • You can enter negative number in "reload time". Also, do not allow to enter numbers lower than 5 (I guess) - or people might be able to spam CC API and the firefox itself will get laggy. I tried to enter 0.1 seconds and I was barely able to change that back to normal.
  • If you enter Auto login and click cancel - the option in menu will be checked but disabled.
  • If you logout of CC - that changes autologin to disabled. if it is a correct behavior - it is not mentioned in help.
  • Please change shortcuts description to Ctrl+Alt from Alt+Ctrl. We all know that you need to mention Ctrl before Alt.
  • Would it be hard to make a list of usernames for fast switching? I'd like to enter all my teammates names there and be able to switch the view for them with a few clicks.

Other than that - looks perfect, already using it myself!

Thanks for report, Dako, extremely useful. Comments below in red

Yep will fix
    Will fix
    This is correct behaviour otherwise you will be logged in immediately after logging out.
    Ok
    Mind-bendingly irritating, this was working. OK
    Has been asked for already, yes I will look into this
Captain chipv

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:20 am

One more things. I know that Team View is synchronized with My Games menu <li>. All the time I am confused that I have some turns when it is my teammates turns. Can you detach them so My Games has only my own turns shown, and status bar/sidebar show the number for the setting I've chosen?
Colonel Dako

Postby chipv on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Dako wrote:One more things. I know that Team View is synchronized with My Games menu <li>. All the time I am confused that I have some turns when it is my teammates turns. Can you detach them so My Games has only my own turns shown, and status bar/sidebar show the number for the setting I've chosen?

This is going to be tricky because a lot of users asked me change this to the way it is now -
i.e. it shows exactly what has been requested. I will need to see a consensus.
(I did have it the way you want at first).
Captain chipv

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:37 pm

My point of view that if something says "My Games" there should be info only about my games. It is illogical to have there a different number and it makes me feel deceived =(.

So yeah, I would like to see a consensus too. Cause I know you'd like to sync all things together, but I think this one is a different thing (or let me disable it and use previous Ready Turns).
Colonel Dako

Postby kamahl on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Why not simply have it as an option, so both groups could have it the way they wanted?
Cook kamahl

Postby chipv on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:19 am

That sounds reasonable, ok.
Captain chipv

Postby chipv on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:23 am

Dako wrote:Would it be hard to make a list of usernames for fast switching? I'd like to enter all my teammates names there and be able to switch the view for them with a few clicks.

I have implemented ability to add usernames (for sitting accounts) but re-reading your requirement looks like you
can already do this with team view which shows all your teammates turns - is that what you wanted?

I still think there is merit in allowing adding users especially for people who sit for accounts so I'm going ahead with that one.
Captain chipv

Postby Dako on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:36 am

No, I meant teammates not as actual teammates but as in my games but as friends to be able to fastswitch to a specific user (and have his single/combined/team views).

So yes, I would liek to be able to store a list of usernames to switch between them.
Colonel Dako

Postby chipv on Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:05 am

Dako wrote:No, I meant teammates not as actual teammates but as in my games but as friends to be able to fastswitch to a specific user (and have his single/combined/team views).

So yes, I would liek to be able to store a list of usernames to switch between them.

Ok I see what you mean but what I am doing is allowing addition of users so you can simultaneously look at
multiple users games rather than having to keep switching between users.

Dako + friend1 + friend2 all together.

You can add and delete to this list quickly. I think this catches what you want?
(This is primarily intended for people to watch sitting accounts at the same time rather than switching)
Captain chipv

Postby Dako on Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:18 am

Yeah, that should work as well.

If it will not be enough it will be hard to use - I will post here. Thanks for the add-on.
Colonel Dako

Postby darth emperor on Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:22 am

Dako wrote:So yeah, I would like to see a consensus too. Cause I know you'd like to sync all things together, but I think this one is a different thing (or let me disable it and use previous Ready Turns).

When im not in a speed game I use both of them....ready turns for me and this one of team mates,or another user...both together works
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby chipv on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:42 pm

New version 1.5 available (Firefox will tell you about it automatically, you don't need to reinstall).

Changes

• New Sitter View allows monitoring of multiple users at same time in one view (use for sitting accounts).
  • Can easily add and remove to sitter view using menu.
  • Change Usernames stores history so you can switch quickly from one user to another.
  • Assorted Bugs Fixed including game jump from statusbar.
  • New options (in Tools->Add-ons Options button on Conquer Club Speed Turns):
  • Force My Games To Show User Turns Only - check this to only see user turns in My Games Tab on CC.
  • Settings Apply To All Firefox Windows - any change to settings apply to all Firefox windows.
  • Help window modified to reflect changes

Note: If you have Force My Games To Show User Turns Only checked, you will need to add the
selected user to the sitter list for this turn indicator to show up in My Games tab in Sitter View.
Captain chipv

Postby Dako on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:12 am

No updates were found. FF problem or you forgot to change the version number?
Colonel Dako

Postby Masli on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:45 am

1.5 is there, but Version 1.5 has not been reviewed yet

https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/161757/versions/
Colonel Masli

Postby chipv on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:02 am

Still awaiting review, posted a little early. You can still download it from the version history page if you can't wait.

UK Version : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... /versions/
US Version : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
Captain chipv

Postby kamahl on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:57 am

Just a heads-up that it does work with Firefox 4.0b2pre. You might want to change the MaxVersion with the next update.
Cook kamahl

Postby chipv on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 am

kamahl wrote:Just a heads-up that it does work with Firefox 4.0b2pre. You might want to change the MaxVersion with the next update.

Will do, thanks.
Captain chipv

Postby Lindax on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:54 am

Sounds great! Quick question: What's the difference between the standard and the US version?

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby chipv on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Lindax wrote:Sounds great! Quick question: What's the difference between the standard and the US version?

Lx

Just spelling. Everything else is the same.
Captain chipv

Next

Return to Tool Archives