Conquer Club

Map Rank are dying?

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Map Rank are dying?

Postby Qwert on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:43 am

Can someone tell me what hepend with map rank? I can not check doubles,triple and quads,and all topic related on Map rank in tool forum are locked? Its these program have some problems?
Last edited by Qwert on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Map Rank

Postby greenoaks on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:43 pm

qwert wrote:Can someone tell me what hepend with map rank? I can not check doubles,triple and quads,and all topic related on Map rank in tool forum are locked? Its these program have some problems?

the creator no longer wishes to support any of his tools
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Georgerx7di on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:04 pm

greenoaks wrote:
qwert wrote:Can someone tell me what hepend with map rank? I can not check doubles,triple and quads,and all topic related on Map rank in tool forum are locked? Its these program have some problems?

Yeah, mine hasn't worked since I got the new firefox. Kinda sucks, map rank is a cool feature. On the other hand, I guess I should say thank you to whoever made it, for the time that it did work. So, thank you. :D
Major Georgerx7di

Postby DiM on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:16 am

greenoaks wrote:

lackattack pissed chipv (creator of map rank among other great scripts and tools) and he decided to quit CC in protest.
hence none of his tools will receive updates and eventually all of them might stop working.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:20 am

That's what I've been telling anyone who listens... Lack & the admins should not be focusing on advertising and trying to get new members, instead they should be focusing on making the already existing members happy and listening to the people who drive the site forward... tournament hosts, mapmakers, clans, and yes, script makers. Almost all of the content on CC is made by the community, so it's a very bad idea to piss those people off.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:07 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=527&t=91386&p=3375853#p3375853
Re: BOB 5.1.5

Postby rbelgrod on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:25 pm
when i click edit, it does nothing

ok, that worked great, now all is working ....thanks buddy your a genius

function updateMyGamesClock(elements) {
$(elements).each(function (){
var currentHTML = this.innerHTML,
time = currentHTML.split('<br>')[1].split(':'),.........................change this 1 to a 2
targetDate = new Date(),
secondsLeft = parseInt(time[2],10) + parseInt(time[1],10) * 60 + parseInt(time[0],10) * 60 * 60,
additionalClock = $(this).find('.additionalClock');
targetDate.setTime(targetDate.getTime() + (secondsLeft * 1000));
if (!additionalClock.exists()) {
additionalClock = $('<span class="additionalClock"></span>');
$(this).append('<br />').append(additionalClock);
}
additionalClock.html(getAdditionalClockInfo(targetDate));
Lieutenant Mageplunka69

Postby sherkaner on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:24 am

Map rank is gonna be harder to fix afaik. But it was very interesting to see how ppl fixed that bug/problem while I was on vacation :)

But atm it's mainly Dako and me who know how greasemonkey works in detail, so it's only a few players who are willing to and can maintain scripts.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Qwert on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:55 pm

so its these mean that all script who are created by chipv will die-and i must say that he create 10 or more very funcional and great script for CC. How its possibile that lackattack dont care for these? These guy work hard voluntaire to create all these,and now he get kick in ass.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:45 am

qwert wrote:so its these mean that all script who are created by chipv will die-and i must say that he create 10 or more very funcional and great script for CC. How its possibile that lackattack dont care for these? These guy work hard voluntaire to create all these,and now he get kick in ass.

but if he quits in disgust he forces lack to implement them as site functions whereas before lack could always say they were available so i will devote my time to something else.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby anonymus on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:35 am

greenoaks wrote:
qwert wrote:so its these mean that all script who are created by chipv will die-and i must say that he create 10 or more very funcional and great script for CC. How its possibile that lackattack dont care for these? These guy work hard voluntaire to create all these,and now he get kick in ass.

but if he quits in disgust he forces lack to implement them as site functions whereas before lack could always say they were available so i will devote my time to something else.

yes and we all know how quickly new functions are implemented, this will be solved in the comming 4 years 5 tops..
(maybe bruce should start a thread about it now)

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby Gillipig on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Unless someone decides to pick it up it will soon not be of any use. It's the add on I'll miss most! It's a very handy script. Kudos to chipv for creating it, and kudos to anyone who tries to pick it up.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dako on Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:28 pm

DiM wrote:lackattack pissed chipv (creator of map rank among other great scripts and tools) and he decided to quit CC in protest.
hence none of his tools will receive updates and eventually all of them might stop working.

You are wrong. chipv's departure had nothing to do with lackattack.
Colonel Dako

Postby Gillipig on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Dako wrote:
DiM wrote:lackattack pissed chipv (creator of map rank among other great scripts and tools) and he decided to quit CC in protest.

Think it was just about lack of time if I remember it correctly.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Qwert on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:10 pm

well if someone create scrip who need to pay to use,then lack will be very interesting to implement fast.
Its all ready not funcion map rank for doubles,triple, quads, next will probably been Tournament map rank, and soon all other will be not possibile to use. Great script will die :(
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby sherkaner on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:12 pm

qwert wrote:well if someone create scrip who need to pay to use,then lack will be very interesting to implement fast.
Its all ready not funcion map rank for doubles,triple, quads, next will probably been Tournament map rank, and soon all other will be not possibile to use. Great script will die :(

Naah, I need my map rank too (I actually missed dubs/trips/quads 2 weeks ago), so I won't let it die.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby blakebowling on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Since no one else said it, I will: We are aware that there are issues with the latest versions of map rank. The Tech Team is attempting to work on it, however it will most likely take some time to get everything complete. I know I haven't been of much help on this particularly, but I certainly do thank and appreciate those who are working on it (I won't name names, but you know who you are).
Private blakebowling

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Dako wrote:

are you sure? if i remember correctly he said something about lack's lack of involvement in supporting those that help develop the site but he didn't want to go into more detail.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby natty dread on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 pm

viewtopic.php?f=526&t=152788&p=3344957#p3344622

Bruceswar wrote:
AgentSmith88 wrote:I know of at least one other mod team leader that quit in protest to lack's complete disregard for concerns about those trying to improve the site. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he quit because of the bureaucratic b.s. one has to put up with in his position.

Then again I could be way off base in his case.

Way off base is right.

chipv wrote:Not way off base at all, I'm afraid, Bruce, I would like to just leave it at that.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:08 pm

I am very saddened to hear this regardless of the reasons. I like chip a lot, and his programs even more.

I was wondering what happened to the alternate scoreboard, and I was hoping my link was wrong, or that it was being revamped.

Chip, if your listening... I will gladly subscribe to map rank and Im sure others will follow, if that helps. Im sure thats a messy thing to bring up, but I myself am not even sure I can play without map rank at this point.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby sherkaner on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:07 am

I don't know what happened, but there is something. Otherwise you don't lock your own tool-threads overnight, and remove every file from that alternate scoreboard-server. To me, it looks like there was some argument, and ChipV just decided to not support CC any longer in any way (whether it was just a straw or not, I don't know). So I don't think he's listening.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Dako on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:13 am

natty_dread wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=526&t=152788&p=3344957#p3344622

Bruceswar wrote:
AgentSmith88 wrote:I know of at least one other mod team leader that quit in protest to lack's complete disregard for concerns about those trying to improve the site. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he quit because of the bureaucratic b.s. one has to put up with in his position.

Then again I could be way off base in his case.

Way off base is right.

I think it was about jpc.
Colonel Dako

Re: Map Rank are dying?

Postby nietzsche on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:29 am

Let's start Occupy CC !!!!! No more being slaves of lickattack, giving him our hard earned 25 dlls each year!!
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby sherkaner on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:08 am

To get back on subject, the link I posted leads to a slightly altered version of map rank. It's still a work in progress, but at least the doubles/trips/quads thingy works again atm.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby The Voice on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:46 pm

You guys rock!
Major The Voice

Postby pearljamrox2 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:43 am

sherkaner wrote:To get back on subject, the link I posted leads to a slightly altered version of map rank. It's still a work in progress, but at least the doubles/trips/quads thingy works again atm.

It doesn't seem to be working for me. I NEED Maprank!
Major pearljamrox2

Next

Return to Tool Archives