Conquer Club

What happened to CC BOB?

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What happened to CC BOB?

Postby Fuzzy316 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:19 pm

[Q&A]
Hi everyone. I got a new update to CClub BOB today and now it no longer even appears on the CC website. I tried reinstalling but it does not show up. Using Firefox 3.6.25. Was fine last night and fine until I got the update just a bit ago... any ideas, or anyone else having issues?

[/Q&A]

and to add to that. I am being told that attacks and advances are illegal assault moves. Such as Chicago to Denver on the ARMS RACE map.. WTH?
FYI Disabling the Script for CC BOB allows me to attack with no problem.
Last edited by Fuzzy316 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Re: What happened to CC BOB?

Postby TeeGee on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:35 pm

Moved topic to another forum for you

viewforum.php?f=528
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Fuzzy316 wrote:Using Firefox 3.6.25.

i might be wrong as i haven't tried bob since the update but firefox might be your problem.

the latest version is 9.0.1 and you're stuck with 3.6.25
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Fuzzy316 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:21 pm

well... not exactly, it is the latest version, or close to it.. it is the way it shows up on your system. I downloaded firefox about 2 weeks ago, so I know it is not that outdated...
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:36 am

DiM wrote:

i might be wrong as i haven't tried bob since the update but firefox might be your problem.

None of the greasemonkey scripts ever worked correctly with Firefox 4 or 5, so most of us who use them a lot had to stick with Firefox 3.

Haven't tried with Firefox 6, 7, 8, 9 because quite honestly the rate of change is getting ludicrous. I'm not reinstalling all my shit every two weeks. I'm hopeful that BOB will be patched again for Firefox 3, as it has been for the last six months. Failing that, I hope that Firefox will calm down at some point and settle on a version they intend to stick with for a few years, or even a few months. <sigh>
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby sherkaner on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
DiM wrote:

None of the greasemonkey scripts ever worked correctly with Firefox 4 or 5, so most of us who use them a lot had to stick with Firefox 3.

Haven't tried with Firefox 6, 7, 8, 9 because quite honestly the rate of change is getting ludicrous. I'm not reinstalling all my shit every two weeks. I'm hopeful that BOB will be patched again for Firefox 3, as it has been for the last six months. Failing that, I hope that Firefox will calm down at some point and settle on a version they intend to stick with for a few years, or even a few months. <sigh>

I have to correct you here. FF4 had an error that prevented popups from pure javascript (which map rank uses), but otherwise the firefox-versions haven't impacted the scripts. Greasemonkey itself had to update (the addon-compatibility needed to change, along with some smaller updates), and that caused some bugs, but after ff4 there hasn't been much change for them either. So now Firefox looks pretty stable, and comfortable on their 6-weeks cycle (with nice upgrades, like javascript speed improvements and better memory management, finally).
So I'm unaware of any scripts not working after ff5 was released (except because of site changes of course).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ender516 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:48 am

Yes, Dukasaur, I was once like you, trapped in the past. I finally decided to make the leap beyond FF 3.6 and it has gone just fine. There is a slightly different default look to the menu bar and such, but I think you can set the options so everything is familiar, and you can turn off the auto-update, so you could update to FF 9.0.1 and then stay there for a while, if that suits you better.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:00 am

ender516 wrote:Yes, Dukasaur, I was once like you, trapped in the past. I finally decided to make the leap beyond FF 3.6 and it has gone just fine. There is a slightly different default look to the menu bar and such, but I think you can set the options so everything is familiar, and you can turn off the auto-update, so you could update to FF 9.0.1 and then stay there for a while, if that suits you better.

Well, I'll give it a shot. One of these days when I actually have time to re-install everything. So all the tools are being updated for FF 9.0 now?
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Janomike on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:35 am

Bob and MapRank is working on the latest FF installation
Brigadier Janomike

Postby Fuzzy316 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:37 am

yes, have to agree. downloaded and installed the newest FFox and it works fine again. strangely enough, the refresh button is no longer visible on the FFox toolbar.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby Aradhus on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:50 pm

This happened to me too. I updated bob the other day and lots of things stopped working and I'm getting that illegal move crap. so I have to upgrade firefox to fix it?
Major Aradhus

Postby sherkaner on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Aradhus wrote:This happened to me too. I updated bob the other day and lots of things stopped working and I'm getting that illegal move crap. so I have to upgrade firefox to fix it?

Illegal moves shouldn't be directly related to BOB as far as I know. And I do have that version of FF for testing and as far as I recall, I could play without problems on that version (didn't check it at length though).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Fuzzy316 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:09 pm

well.. after getting the BOB update, i had the problem. Then, I tried reinstalling greasemonkey, and BOB wouldn't work at all. However, downloaded and installed latest FFox and now no more problems.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Return to Tool Archives