Conquer Club

BOB not sending <CR>

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

BOB not sending <CR>

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:49 am

I have found two new problems with BOB since the update on Dec. 24th. There seem to be <CR>s missing.

1. When "Take Snapshot in Chat" is pressed, the snap appears in the "Write to Game Chat" window, but isn't actually posted in chat. Have to press "Post Reply" manually at the end to post it in chat.

1(b) Also, some of the snaps I've taken are unreadable, so it may be that there is something more being being left off the end, besides the <CR>.

2. When stats are listed on the page, they are all strung out in one line, as in "3-cluster J06 (1)3-cluster H09 (1)3-cluster P11 (1)3-cluster P14 (1)6-cluster R04 (3)" with no <CR> or <LF> in between.

Running Vista and Firefox 3.6.25
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: BOB not sending <CR>

Postby sherkaner on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:58 pm

Hmm, I can fix the second one (there was a better way, thanks for noticing). I'm not sure what's causing the first one, haven't seen that one happen myself.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Dako on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:57 pm

1st can happen when there is a request for the same chat being posted. Double click issue. Should not be a persistent problem I think.
Colonel Dako

Postby Calidrmr on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:37 am

Dako wrote:1st can happen when there is a request for the same chat being posted. Double click issue. Should not be a persistent problem I think.

Sorry Dako, but it does not appear to be a double click issue, my clanmates & myself are all experiencing this for every snapshot we make. Don't think we're all double-clicking on accident all the time. Thanks!

and in case this helps, here's a screenshot of my error console after clicking "take snapshot in chat" (i cleared the console first):

Click image to enlarge.

(wish I could post attachments here ;) )
Last edited by Calidrmr on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added screenshot
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Sergeant 1st Class Calidrmr

Postby sherkaner on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I have found two new problems with BOB since the update on Dec. 24th. There seem to be <CR>s missing.

1. When "Take Snapshot in Chat" is pressed, the snap appears in the "Write to Game Chat" window, but isn't actually posted in chat. Have to press "Post Reply" manually at the end to post it in chat.

1(b) Also, some of the snaps I've taken are unreadable, so it may be that there is something more being being left off the end, besides the <CR>.

2. When stats are listed on the page, they are all strung out in one line, as in "3-cluster J06 (1)3-cluster H09 (1)3-cluster P11 (1)3-cluster P14 (1)6-cluster R04 (3)" with no <CR> or <LF> in between.

Running Vista and Firefox 3.6.25

Should be solved now.
Colonel sherkaner

Return to Tool Archives