Conquer Club

iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Postby Ballslap on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:A great start to that app, I like how game waiting menu is set up and how you can see all the players ina game by swiping, its still a little cluncky in terms of using the app, but thats understandable for th first verison. Great job

Thanks, appreciate it! What exactly do you mean by "clunky"? Is there anything in particular about the general use of the app that I can improve on? Do you like the swipe on the main screen to view extra info (I will add other info soon soon, cards, game info, etc.) is useful Is it obvious that you can do it or would an icon or indicator to show that it is there be worth putting in?
Captain Ballslap

Postby happy2seeyou on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 am

it would be nice to have larger buttons to press instead of looking at the site as if on safari.

ps. I'd pay for the app once it was working more smoothly
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby Ballslap on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Hey guys,

The update to the app has just been accepted by the app store. For those of you who were having problems running the app on pre-iOS 5.0 devices - just update it (or reinstall if you have deleted it!) and the app should work properly now. If you are still having anymore problems just let me know.

Cheers!
Captain Ballslap

Postby Ballslap on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Actually looks like something has gone wrong with the app store. Hold off updating for the moment.
Captain Ballslap

Postby Ballslap on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Ok I have tried it again and everything seems to be working properly. Let me know if you have any problems with it!
Captain Ballslap

Postby QoH on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Any chance you can do this for Android as well?
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby squishyg on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:53 pm

The red x stopped working for me after the update.

The absolute next thing I would like from this app is compatability with invitations. I can't use the app if I'm going to miss tournament games.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby grifftron on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:22 am

This has been a great app to have so far.. keep up the good work!
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby squishyg on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 pm

I am so addicted to this app! I'm not even going into safari anymore to access CC. So I need invite compatibility stat!

Awesome job!
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby chapcrap on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Another thing about this app:

In the middle of a turn, I had to switch from computer to the phone. That's fine, but the game was in progress and it was not listed at the top of the games. If you have a turn in progress, it should be at the top of the list.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Ballslap wrote:
macbone wrote:Any chance you could make a version for those of us with an earlier iOS? It looks like I'm stuck with iOS 4.2.1. =)

I located the problem for pre-iOS 5, made the changes and sent a new version for review on the app store. It usually takes between 4-7 days for an update to go through. I'll let you know when it's been accepted and ready for download. Hopefully it'll be soon!

I have an Iphone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 and It says this is not compatible.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Crazyirishman on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 pm

What I meant by clucky is that sometimes the map won't fully load, there will be a giant black region on the botton 1/3 of the screen and I'll be unable to scroll. but if I flip my phone then it will all be there afterwards
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:38 am

Crazyirishman wrote:What I meant by clucky is that sometimes the map won't fully load, there will be a giant black region on the botton 1/3 of the screen and I'll be unable to scroll. but if I flip my phone then it will all be there afterwards

This does not happen to me.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Crazyirishman on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Crazyirishman wrote:What I meant by clucky is that sometimes the map won't fully load, there will be a giant black region on the botton 1/3 of the screen and I'll be unable to scroll. but if I flip my phone then it will all be there afterwards

I managed to get a snapshot of what i was talking about on my iPhone, but I'm not sure how I can get it posted to the forums
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I managed to get a snapshot of what i was talking about on my iPhone, but I'm not sure how I can get it posted to the forums

You probably have to host it somewhere, like photobucket, facebook, instagram, twitter, etc, and then embed it here. You can't just upload to the site from your phone.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Ballslap wrote:
macbone wrote:Any chance you could make a version for those of us with an earlier iOS? It looks like I'm stuck with iOS 4.2.1. =)

I located the problem for pre-iOS 5, made the changes and sent a new version for review on the app store. It usually takes between 4-7 days for an update to go through. I'll let you know when it's been accepted and ready for download. Hopefully it'll be soon!

I have an Iphone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 and It says this is not compatible.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:13 pm

I had my friend with an iPhone download this today. I tried logging in several times, but it kept crashing :( He has an iPhone 3G with iOS 5.0.1, I believe.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby ender516 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Crazyirishman wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

You probably have to host it somewhere, like photobucket, facebook, instagram, twitter, etc, and then embed it here. You can't just upload to the site from your phone.

In some CC forums, notably including this one, you can upload files as attachments to posts if you use the full editor (not the quick reply).
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:42 am

ender516 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Crazyirishman wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

In some CC forums, notably including this one, you can upload files as attachments to posts if you use the full editor (not the quick reply).

:oops:
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby samuelc812 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:09 am

I'm going to wait for the CC made app, since i have no idea of telling if this one is just a ploy to get people's passwords. Surely that's possible with something like this? I honestly don't know and i don't accuse the maker of anything, just being cautious.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:14 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:I had my friend with an iPhone download this today. I tried logging in several times, but it kept crashing :( He has an iPhone 3G with iOS 5.0.1, I believe.

-Sully

That's the thing... I don't think the 3G can get iOS 5.

However, the 3GS can.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:I had my friend with an iPhone download this today. I tried logging in several times, but it kept crashing :( He has an iPhone 3G with iOS 5.0.1, I believe.

-Sully

That's the thing... I don't think the 3G can get iOS 5.

However, the 3GS can.

Oh, is that so? I may have been looking at the wrong thing, then. Something was 5.0.1.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby squishyg on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:57 pm

I would love to have a back button since i so frequently wander into the forums after my turns.

to echo my sexy colleague, i would also pay for this app. $0.99-$1.99 for sure. its worth it for auto log-in at the least.
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Silly Knig-it on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:49 pm

I have downloaded the app. It crashed everytime I tried to log in. Deleted it (both on the iPad and in iTunes) and redownloaded. Same problem. I am using an iPad 2 and I have iOS 5.1

Help would love to try the app since I play the majority of my games on the iPad anyway.
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Silly Knig-it on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:15 pm

I gave the app one more try without capitalizing the parts of my user name that are supposed to be and it took it. All lower case did the trick.
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives