Conquer Club

iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Postby Ballslap on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:06 pm

samuelc812 wrote:I'm going to wait for the CC made app, since i have no idea of telling if this one is just a ploy to get people's passwords. Surely that's possible with something like this? I honestly don't know and i don't accuse the maker of anything, just being cautious.

~Sam

I'm currently talking to the CC guys to get them (hopefully) to sponsor and advertise the app on their site. Keep an eye on it.
Captain Ballslap

Postby Ballslap on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:10 pm

squishyg wrote:I would love to have a back button since i so frequently wander into the forums after my turns.

to echo my sexy colleague, i would also pay for this app. $0.99-$1.99 for sure. its worth it for auto log-in at the least.

I will definitely add in a back button in the next version. Sorry it is taking so long I'm just swamped with work at the moment.
Captain Ballslap

Postby Ballslap on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:13 pm

It's strange that people are having problems using the app, I've tested it on about 6 different types of devices and it's always worked fine. If the app is crashing for you, can you try re-install it. If the problem is still persisting can you make a note of what iOS version you are currently running, and the type of device it is (3gs, 4s, etc.) and reply to me here please? Thanks.
Captain Ballslap

Postby visectimo on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:25 pm

samuelc812 wrote:I'm going to wait for the CC made app, since i have no idea of telling if this one is just a ploy to get people's passwords. Surely that's possible with something like this? I honestly don't know and i don't accuse the maker of anything, just being cautious.

~Sam

i woudn't worry about that. iPhones are pretty secure these days. it seems that the password is saved on the iPhone itself and not some server. i could see it being a concern for all those online banking apps though.
Lieutenant visectimo

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Ballslap wrote:It's strange that people are having problems using the app, I've tested it on about 6 different types of devices and it's always worked fine. If the app is crashing for you, can you try re-install it. If the problem is still persisting can you make a note of what iOS version you are currently running, and the type of device it is (3gs, 4s, etc.) and reply to me here please? Thanks.

Except mine is just 3G, not 3Gs
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby squishyg on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Ballslap wrote:It's strange that people are having problems using the app, I've tested it on about 6 different types of devices and it's always worked fine. If the app is crashing for you, can you try re-install it. If the problem is still persisting can you make a note of what iOS version you are currently running, and the type of device it is (3gs, 4s, etc.) and reply to me here please? Thanks.

He meant 3G. He was pluralizing to include all the users who have reported difficulties.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby chapcrap on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:30 pm

squishyg wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:

He meant 3G. He was pluralizing to include all the users who have reported difficulties.

I think he meant 3GS. It's an upgrade from 3G.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Crazyirishman on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 pm

I like the smaller x in the corner with the update, and I dont seem to be having issues with the screen blanking out as much as before, I think it had something to do with with I was using 3G or Wifi when using the app.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:02 pm

chapcrap wrote:
squishyg wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:

I think he meant 3GS. It's an upgrade from 3G.

Yeah... Because the 3G cannot get iOS 5. However, the 3Gs can.

Kinda weird, huh? :roll: Oh well..... Is there a solution to where you can make it available for iOS 4.2.1 users?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Ballslap on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi guys. It was strange that the app wasn't working properly on devices that I had tested and knew it should work on. I eventually found the problem - it was to do with usernames with spaces in their name not being recognised. I've fixed the problem and will send the update to the app store as soon as the previous update has been released.

In the latest update (which should be ready for download in a day or so) I have made updated a few things:

Small UI changes.
Links to forum, inbox and invitations added to main view.
Web browser controls added.
Orientation bug fixed.
Captain Ballslap

Postby Barney Rubble on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:28 pm

As of March 31 App is not working on my Iphone or my Ipad .Same thing as before after entering all info login returns me to home page .Cannot open App
Corporal 1st Class Barney Rubble

Postby Ballslap on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:48 am

Barney Rubble wrote:As of March 31 App is not working on my Iphone or my Ipad .Same thing as before after entering all info login returns me to home page .Cannot open App

New version of the app has been submitted to apple for release. It should hopefully be released in the next few days. The login problem you are experiencing has been fixed in this version.
Captain Ballslap

Postby Barney Rubble on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Thks for all your hard work Man !!!! =D> =D> =D>
Corporal 1st Class Barney Rubble

Postby kuma32478 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 am

Not really a question related to the app, but more to iPad. How do you right click to auto assult?
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby Ballslap on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Ok guys, the new version of the app has been released on the app store! For anybody who was having trouble logging in the app should now work. If you have any problems/feedback, please get in touch. Thanks. Also if you can please rate the app 5 stars it will be better for the app and for cc. Giving poor marks for a free app because it doesn't have all the features you would like yet is quite annoying, please don't do it.
Captain Ballslap

Postby Ballslap on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Here is the link again, to make it easier: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/conquer- ... 37999?mt=8
Captain Ballslap

Postby macbone on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 am

OK, I'm looking forward to trying it out! I'm stuck with iOS 4.2.1 for a bit.
Colonel macbone

Postby Ballslap on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:58 am

macbone wrote:OK, I'm looking forward to trying it out! I'm stuck with iOS 4.2.1 for a bit.

Cool. Can you let me know if the app works ok on your device? cheers
Captain Ballslap

Postby macbone on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:36 am

Hm. For some reason, I still can't download it on my iPod Touch 2G. I'm running iOS 4.2.1.
Colonel macbone

Postby Ballslap on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm

macbone wrote:Hm. For some reason, I still can't download it on my iPod Touch 2G. I'm running iOS 4.2.1.

How do you mean? As in you can't even download it from the app store? The minimum iOS version required is 4.0 so you should be able to download it with no problem.
Captain Ballslap

Postby squishyg on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 pm

i'm digging the update! nice work! the icons threw me a little, i thought the bubbles would take me to live chat (i don't want to go to live chat!). nice progress!
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby sportsTroll on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:50 am

First of all, love the app. It has been working great for the last week or however long I have had it. But just tonight it started giving me the Incorrect Credentials popup whenever I try to log in. I have the latest version (got the update tonight) but had the same behavior with the previous version as well. My login works fine on the site through a browser (FF on laptop, Safari on iOS 5.1). Any ideas?
Lieutenant sportsTroll

Postby Crazyirishman on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:03 am

I like all the updates, makes everything run very smoothly. The only odd thing that I've had happen with this new update is that I have no game that are ready. All my active games show up in the waiting tap, but that not a setback in my opinion.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Ballslap on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:38 pm

sportsTroll wrote:First of all, love the app. It has been working great for the last week or however long I have had it. But just tonight it started giving me the Incorrect Credentials popup whenever I try to log in. I have the latest version (got the update tonight) but had the same behavior with the previous version as well. My login works fine on the site through a browser (FF on laptop, Safari on iOS 5.1). Any ideas?

Crazyirishman wrote:I like all the updates, makes everything run very smoothly. The only odd thing that I've had happen with this new update is that I have no game that are ready. All my active games show up in the waiting tap, but that not a setback in my opinion.

There was maintenance being done on the site yesterday for a while which interfered with the working of the app. It's over now and the app should be working properly again. It is on every device I have tested it on anyways. Let me know if you are still experiencing this problem. Cheers.
Captain Ballslap

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 pm

It would be nice if the back buttons also worked when moving into the forums from the open game screen. Currently, to use the back buttons, you have to hit the red X and then go back into the forums using one of the icons at the top.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives