Conquer Club

Addon List

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Addon List

Postby chapcrap on Wed May 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Is there a list of addons available? Along with links for the downloads?

I think that would be very helpful.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Addon List

Postby agentcom on Wed May 16, 2012 5:34 pm

chapcrap wrote:Is there a list of addons available? Along with links for the downloads?

I think that would be very helpful.

Yeah, it's right at the top of the Available Tools and Enhancements Subforum ...where it should be ;)
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Wed May 16, 2012 6:48 pm

I guess I never noticed it before... Is it up to date with everything?

Would it be possible to put things in alphabetical order instead of random order?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Thu May 17, 2012 12:01 am

Most of the popular add-ons have been included in the Conquer Club User Guides, an announcement at the top of the Available Tools/Enhancements forum. The User Guides provide comprehensive instructions for installation and use, usually with some sample screenshots to show you how things work.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 17, 2012 12:17 am

ender516 wrote:Most of the popular add-ons have been included in the Conquer Club User Guides, an announcement at the top of the Available Tools/Enhancements forum. The User Guides provide comprehensive instructions for installation and use, usually with some sample screenshots to show you how things work.

Thanks, but that's not really what I was looking for. I was really talking more about the other announcement at the top of the forum, but I wasn't sure if it was actually up to date or not. And, it's organization really isn't that great either.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:37 am

Well, the dates on the posts should tell you that the other announcement is not up to date. The new one is intended to replace it, at least as far as add-ons that are being used and updated to keep up with the site. The old announcement remains as a guide to other tools which might still work or might need a little tweaking if they still offer a useful service.

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 pm

ender516 wrote:Well, the dates on the posts should tell you that the other announcement is not up to date. The new one is intended to replace it, at least as far as add-ons that are being used and updated to keep up with the site. The old announcement remains as a guide to other tools which might still work or might need a little tweaking if they still offer a useful service.

I don't know why the dates should tell me that. The current mods could edit the thread/posts to be updated.

And, if it is intended as a replacement, why is the other still stickied? It seems to me like they are completely different. One is a list. The other is a compilation of a few user guides. Not the same at all.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Thu May 17, 2012 10:20 pm

chapcrap wrote:
ender516 wrote:Well, the dates on the posts should tell you that the other announcement is not up to date. The new one is intended to replace it, at least as far as add-ons that are being used and updated to keep up with the site. The old announcement remains as a guide to other tools which might still work or might need a little tweaking if they still offer a useful service.

I don't know why the dates should tell me that. The current mods could edit the thread/posts to be updated.

And, if it is intended as a replacement, why is the other still stickied? It seems to me like they are completely different. One is a list. The other is a compilation of a few user guides. Not the same at all.

I thought editing a post at least left a small caption indicated when it was last edited.

You're right, they are different, and that seems like a good reason to keep them both handy, don't you think?

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 18, 2012 2:00 am

Yes.

So, is the full list up to date? And can it be organized better?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:08 am

chapcrap wrote:Yes.

It is probably not up-to-date. The User Guides is correct, meaning it only lists currently active add-ons. It may not be complete, meaning there may be less well-known add-ons which have not yet been covered. Getting the full list up-to-date would involve culling add-ons in the list that have died and then searching the Available Tools/Enhancements forum for topics which have links, checking to see if they are valid and if the add-on currently works, and adding those add-ons to the list. I dare say many of those add-ons may be duplicates of those in the User Guides or simply scripts that do not have a large following. What do you hope to get out of an up-to-date list that you cannot get equally well or better from a keyword search of the Available Tools/Enhancements forum?

Can the list be better organized? Probably. What do you suggest?

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 18, 2012 4:23 pm

ender516 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Yes.

It is probably not up-to-date. The User Guides is correct, meaning it only lists currently active add-ons. It may not be complete, meaning there may be less well-known add-ons which have not yet been covered. Getting the full list up-to-date would involve culling add-ons in the list that have died and then searching the Available Tools/Enhancements forum for topics which have links, checking to see if they are valid and if the add-on currently works, and adding those add-ons to the list. I dare say many of those add-ons may be duplicates of those in the User Guides or simply scripts that do not have a large following. What do you hope to get out of an up-to-date list that you cannot get equally well or better from a keyword search of the Available Tools/Enhancements forum?

Can the list be better organized? Probably. What do you suggest?

I would just like it to be alphabetical.

I hope to get out of it better use of addons. Some addons have duplicate threads that aren't necessary and occasionally it's difficult to find the link to an addon because the thread's are screwy. One, up to date list of available addons shouldn't be that difficult to make I feel like.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:27 pm

I suppose an alphabetical list could be handy.
Well, the User Guides topic gives the current link for installation/updates for the add-ons it covers. If you use or know of add-ons you think could be included there, let us know.
As far as duplicate threads go, the best things to do would be merging of topics or relegation to the Tools Archives forum. The link to an add-on is usually in the first post.

Return to Tool Archives