Conquer Club

Announcing: Conquer Club Notifier

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby hotgun on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:33 am

kevinc wrote:Oh, and hotgun. There's some good RSS Dashboard widgets for mac that are pretty cool:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboar ... eader.html

Thanks kevinc... It so far works... Now I hope it checks a good amount and not like every hour...

I will tell you how it works later

Later: it works perfect this is a big time saver... thanks for finding it for me,

Kevinc is the man :!:
Corporal 1st Class hotgun

Postby Haydena on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:52 am

This thing is awesome...

A must have... Means I can do revision and make sure I'm not missing any action. ;)

Oh and about what mrdexter said with the "Visit game space" link, it seems to open up my game space fine in firefox...
Sergeant 1st Class Haydena

Postby wicked on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:53 am

Can we add a PM notifier to it too? :P
Major wicked

Postby mrdexter on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:54 am

Haydena wrote:Oh and about what mrdexter said with the "Visit game space" link, it seems to open up my game space fine in firefox...

It does mine at the shop, just not across the road at home. Oh well, I'll fiddle tonight, see what's up. Maybe need to threaten IE with some heavy duty deleting. Or something.
Positive: Great guy, will always play to his best. Honourable and fun to play with as well. You know you're in for a rough time playing mrdexter :) Game 31384 Haydena
Positive: Mr D is the golden child of CC, if we had to elect a king he'd get my vote! Game 76700 silus
Sergeant 1st Class mrdexter

Postby kevinc on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:11 pm

mrdexter wrote:Actually, I worded it badly...what i meant was whilst it is running, have it only appear in the system tray not the taskbar.

Yea, if right click on the program in the taskbar, and select minimize, it will minimize to just the the system tray onyl. If I undertand you correctly?

wicked, no way to get PM ifnormation i'm afraid.

By the way - If anyone knows anything about windows icon files please drop me a PM. I'm having trouble getting the icon to work properly on Windows XP.
Corporal kevinc

Postby mrdexter on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:19 pm

kevinc wrote:
mrdexter wrote:Actually, I worded it badly...what i meant was whilst it is running, have it only appear in the system tray not the taskbar.

Yea, if right click on the program in the taskbar, and select minimize, it will minimize to just the the system tray onyl. If I undertand you correctly?

No, I am still unable to explain myself properly.

With winamp and some other programs you can choose to have it show in the taskbar OR system tray OR both whilst it is actually running, not when it is minimised. Therefore it would show on screen (in always on top) but not in the taskbar, freeing up valuable taskbar space.
Positive: Great guy, will always play to his best. Honourable and fun to play with as well. You know you're in for a rough time playing mrdexter :) Game 31384 Haydena
Positive: Mr D is the golden child of CC, if we had to elect a king he'd get my vote! Game 76700 silus

Postby kevinc on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:40 pm

Ahhh. Got ya, you want it to only show in the system tray, and still be visible right?

I'll see if it's possible. *adds to list* :)
Corporal kevinc

Postby mrdexter on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:41 pm

kevinc wrote: *adds to list* :)

Yay, a man with a list :D

Postby HighBorn on Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:04 am

i would like to make a sugestion for the next update.. maybe with sound.. like u can have it ding at u whenu have a new ready game.. and some other sound for when u are elimated from one
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby wacicha on Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:19 am

you will be getting to many of that other sound high so you might want somrthing soothing
Major wacicha

Postby HighBorn on Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:35 am

rotflmao.... yeah like angelic choir or something!!

Postby Twill on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Kevin,

for the PM thing, I thing there is a way for phpBB PM's to be checked externally, but not even 50% certain, so if you want, or have time, or if someone wants to look into it, head over to phpBB.com and see if someone over there can tell you how.

As for the refresh time, please dont let it ping the site every 2 seconds :) that being said, by pinging the RSS feed rather than the games page, it does save a lot of server time and speeds the site up, so thanks from me, as a player, for helping things go faster ;)

Again, thanks much for the great prog. Keep up the good work :D

Twill
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby kevinc on Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:36 am

I don't know of any way to check the PM stuff externally. If there way a way to get an RSS feed of PMs then I could do it allright.

Personally I just have it set to email me when I get a PM. Combine that with one of the many email notifiers out there and you should be sorted. :)
Corporal kevinc

Postby john123 on Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:26 am

hey, this was working fine for me before but today i've tried running it a few times and it won't go past the loading xml part, any ideas on how i can fix this?
Sergeant 1st Class john123

Postby kevinc on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:31 am

I've no idea what could be causing it, i'm afraid.

I'll be releasing a new version shortly, and I'll see if I can write more descriptive errors into it.

There does seem to be some weirdness with the RSS feed from time to time. I've found, when you click on the link, it doesn't bring you to game, but to the forum. I don't see how that could cause any problems though.
Corporal kevinc

Postby lackattack on Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:19 am

it should bring you to the forum login screen when you are not logged into conquer club, but from there it should take you directly to the game.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby N0g on Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:21 am

This is good stuff. Really.

My wish list

I would like to see the following as optional via a program options window or at least via ini edit:

Start out minimized to tray (not task bar) and/or have a minimize button on the app itself (rather than right clicking on the task bar icon).
    Flash tray icon on (selectable) status changes. That is, when it's my turn and/or when someone else is making a turn.
    Show game number(s) of active game(s) in the app window. Make them active links the the games they represent.

Lastly, since you aren't charging for this (yet), would you give more info on what you used to do the programming and consider giving out the source so that some of us could help in adding changes. You would have final say in what changes are accepted, but having six or seven hands typing code is generally more productive than just two.
Lieutenant N0g

Postby kevinc on Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:16 am

N0g - thanks for the suggestions. I do want to keep the app as simple as possible, so I'm not sure all of them will be possible, but some of them will definately be added.

Something like this konfabulator widget might suit you better:
http://www.widgetgallery.com/view.php?widget=36039

Unfortuanately, it's built in Flash, and extended with SWF Studio (I'm a designer, rather than a developer you see) so I'm not sure if there's many people with experience with both of those. If you do, or anyone else does and wants to help out, then just give me a shout! :)
Last edited by kevinc on Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal kevinc

XML loading

Postby texasAUtiger on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:20 pm

I installed it but all I get is "XML loading..."
Captain texasAUtiger

Postby HighBorn on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:21 pm

lol. i had that same problem did u put in your number??

Postby wacicha on Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:26 pm

yeah your # is 6585 change the cog file (sounds like i know what i'm doing)
Major wacicha

Postby mrdexter on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:23 am

Magdamit, I've broken your notifier Kevinc :-(

Postby Telvannia on Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:04 am

is the any possiblity to make it compatible with linux???
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby Murph808 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:44 pm

Ok I dont understand.the beginning?
Private Murph808

Postby kevinc on Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:37 pm

Telvannia wrote:is the any possiblity to make it compatible with linux???

You could try running it using Wine. I've no idea if it would work though. I@m sure there's RSS readers, like on OSX that would be able to sort you out though.
Corporal kevinc

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives