Conquer Club

Announcing: Conquer Club Notifier

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby sully800 on Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:02 pm

Awesome program kevin. I didn't download it when I first saw this thread because I thought I needed the RSS reader and everything set up. And I was too lazy/intimidated to do all of that until today. Anyway you are the man for making something so simple and useful :D

Murph- When you click download the folder that saves to your computer will have a little zipper on the icon. Right click and hit "extract all" to unzip the folder. This will give you the notifier folder in which you edit the INI file so it contains your usernumber and not kevin's.
Major sully800

Postby gavin_sidhu on Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:19 am

Thank u Kevin. Took me forever to get up and running, but well worth it.
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

I Love it and suggestions

Postby evster on Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:09 am

Kevin, the program you put out has saved my sanity - I no longer hit refresh every x seconds (sorry Lack) to find out if I am up. A couple of questions/suggestions:

I noticed at one point, in my tool tray (where I have put a shortcut) there was the CC logo icon, but I don't see it now. Is there something I have done wrong?

sugg:

More standing out Ready number for a short period when a game BECOMES ready (ie flash the whole CC displu or change the colour of the inside of the star or the word ready)

countdown to next update

Always ontop as a default option

Can you use the XML feeds to set a watch list? ie look at this list of players' RSS (that use inputs - friends/opponents) to say if they are playing?

Phenomenal add on to CC!

Evan
Corporal 1st Class evster

Postby sully800 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:48 pm

My suggestion for a future update: Could you add an optional audio alert to the program? Sometimes I will be in the same room with my computer, perhaps reading (or sleeping) and a simple alarm would really let me know when I can begin my turn on crucial games.

There's nothing like waking up in the middle of the night to try and play an important turn while extremely groggy!

Anyway, I don't know how difficult that would be for you to code but I think it would be very useful. Thanks once again for the initial program though! Its awesome.
Major sully800

Postby maritovw on Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:31 pm

i also get the "loading xml" thing.... it just keeps there...
Sergeant 1st Class maritovw

Postby lackattack on Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:14 pm

I have a few suggestions for the next version of CC Notifier:

1. To simplify installation, why not provide only the exe file, which will prompt you for the userid and create a config file automatically if one doesn't exist? Or better yet, it can prompt you for your username and I'll modify rss.php to accept either username or userid.

2. I researched your platform a bit and Zinc is a SWF2EXE that will let you compile Mac OSX versions - I don't know if it would work for you but you might wanna check it out.

3. The top pixel of the star is white (should be grey).
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Telvannia on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:13 pm

is the anyway you can make this compatable with linux (ubuntu in particular)???
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby kevinc on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:07 pm

lackattack wrote:1. To simplify installation, why not provide only the exe file, which will prompt you for the userid and create a config file automatically if one doesn't exist? Or better yet, it can prompt you for your username and I'll modify rss.php to accept either username or userid.

Good idea, would be better for beginners. I wonder if I can figure out a way to get rid of the config file entirely.

2. I researched your platform a bit and Zinc is a SWF2EXE that will let you compile Mac OSX versions - I don't know if it would work for you but you might wanna check it out.

Zinc sounds cool. I only have access to SWF Studio at the moment (in work) so unless someone feels generous, I won't be able to use it. :(

Although if there was anyone here with software development experience, perhaps they could write a version with REAL BASIC, or another multiplatform programming environment. I'm a designer so this was the only way I could do it. If anyone could do that, then I'd happily colaborate on the design of it.

3. The top pixel of the star is white (should be grey).

Wow - well spotted. I'll fix that! :)
Corporal kevinc

Postby gavin_sidhu on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:57 pm

Is there any way you could make it thinner? i usually have it "always on top" and now that microsoft have made there IE 7 and other microsoft office 2007 toolbars thinner it infringes on my work space. For the next update could you also allow it to minimise?
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby Ronaldinho on Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:34 am

ive just downloaded it, but i aint come up with my games ect, just yours......help me please
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:37 am

Ronaldinho wrote:ive just downloaded it, but i aint come up with my games ect, just yours......help me please

funny how that was what lacks suggestion was designed to fix.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Ronaldinho on Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:13 am

reverend_kyle wrote:
Ronaldinho wrote:ive just downloaded it, but i aint come up with my games ect, just yours......help me please

i think i done it wrong?
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:06 am

Ronaldinho wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:

i think i done it wrong?

theres a readme file. read it.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby kevinc on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:03 am

gavin_sidhu wrote:Is there any way you could make it thinner? i usually have it "always on top" and now that microsoft have made there IE 7 and other microsoft office 2007 toolbars thinner it infringes on my work space. For the next update could you also allow it to minimise?

You can minimize it now, just not all that easily.

Right-click on the taskbar on the program and select minimize.

Ronaldinho - check out the readme fil, and look through prevoius posts.
Corporal kevinc

Postby sully800 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:11 pm

Did you see my post about the audio alert? Would that be possible? I could really use it right now!
Major sully800

Postby gavin_sidhu on Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:41 am

kevinc wrote:
gavin_sidhu wrote:Is there any way you could make it thinner? i usually have it "always on top" and now that microsoft have made there IE 7 and other microsoft office 2007 toolbars thinner it infringes on my work space. For the next update could you also allow it to minimise?

You can minimize it now, just not all that easily.

Right-click on the taskbar on the program and select minimize.

Ronaldinho - check out the readme fil, and look through prevoius posts.

oh... cool. but when u do that it dissapears to the system tray.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby kevinc on Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:08 am

sully800 wrote:Did you see my post about the audio alert? Would that be possible? I could really use it right now!

You sure are impatient aren't you. :) I haven't done any further work on it. The work that actualy pays comes first I'm afraid!
Corporal kevinc

Postby stevegriffiths23 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:59 am

kevin - ignore all criticism - this script is the greatest invention since pizza.
Major stevegriffiths23

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:29 pm

I cant figure out how to open it...

Like the file disappears after I open it.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby sully800 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:31 pm

Not impatient, I just get scared during freestyle games :P
Major sully800

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:54 pm

sully800 wrote:Not impatient, I just get scared during freestyle games :P

changing the refresh option would be best for that.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby sully800 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:20 pm

Well, like I said earlier- the problem is if I'm in my room waiting for my turn but I want to be doing something besides sitting at my computer (where watching the notifier is no problem). This is low priority, but I just thought it would be a nice addition if it wasn't too hard.

I'm not trying to put pressure on you at all though kevin. I'm extremely thankful you decided to post this in the first place and you can update with whatever you think would be most useful. It's an awesome little program already and doesn't need any major overhauls of course.
Major sully800

Postby devilseyesdd on Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:47 pm

ya now how do u get it to work after u have the file sry im retarted
Cook devilseyesdd

Postby Beastly on Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:00 pm

REV.. I am having the same problem... I fiquered out how to put my # in... but then it does nothing... Did you ever figure it out?
Corporal 1st Class Beastly

Postby AtomicSlug on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:12 pm

This is a wicked long thread. I downloaded version 0.1 - is that the latest version? If so, I'd love to see it sit in the system tray and popup when it's ur turn in 1 or more games.

If this has already been suggested, sorry for my lack of patience reading 7 pages of posts. If not, and money is a constraint, I'd be willing to do a PayPal donate or something to pay a reasonable amount for it.

I play at W@W and theirs sits in the system tray, and checks games every xx minutes (user settable) and pops up only when there are games to play. Would love to see that type of behaviour in this app if possible.

Thanks for the time and effort and again, maybe you might want to do a PayPal donate or some other such thing to at least make it worth your while to continue development.
"I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello." - Teal'c
Cook AtomicSlug

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives