Announcing: Conquer Club Notifier

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderators: Tech Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby gavin_sidhu on Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:41 am

kevinc wrote:
gavin_sidhu wrote:Is there any way you could make it thinner? i usually have it "always on top" and now that microsoft have made there IE 7 and other microsoft office 2007 toolbars thinner it infringes on my work space. For the next update could you also allow it to minimise?

You can minimize it now, just not all that easily.

Right-click on the taskbar on the program and select minimize.

Ronaldinho - check out the readme fil, and look through prevoius posts.

oh... cool. but when u do that it dissapears to the system tray.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby kevinc on Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:08 am

sully800 wrote:Did you see my post about the audio alert? Would that be possible? I could really use it right now!

You sure are impatient aren't you. :) I haven't done any further work on it. The work that actualy pays comes first I'm afraid!
Corporal kevinc

Medals: 7
Map Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby stevegriffiths23 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:59 am

kevin - ignore all criticism - this script is the greatest invention since pizza.
Major stevegriffiths23

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:29 pm

I cant figure out how to open it...

Like the file disappears after I open it.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby sully800 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:31 pm

Not impatient, I just get scared during freestyle games :P
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:54 pm

sully800 wrote:Not impatient, I just get scared during freestyle games :P

changing the refresh option would be best for that.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)

Postby sully800 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:20 pm

Well, like I said earlier- the problem is if I'm in my room waiting for my turn but I want to be doing something besides sitting at my computer (where watching the notifier is no problem). This is low priority, but I just thought it would be a nice addition if it wasn't too hard.

I'm not trying to put pressure on you at all though kevin. I'm extremely thankful you decided to post this in the first place and you can update with whatever you think would be most useful. It's an awesome little program already and doesn't need any major overhauls of course.
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby devilseyesdd on Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:47 pm

ya now how do u get it to work after u have the file sry im retarted
Cook devilseyesdd

Postby Beastly on Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:00 pm

REV.. I am having the same problem... I fiquered out how to put my # in... but then it does nothing... Did you ever figure it out?
Corporal 1st Class Beastly

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby AtomicSlug on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:12 pm

This is a wicked long thread. I downloaded version 0.1 - is that the latest version? If so, I'd love to see it sit in the system tray and popup when it's ur turn in 1 or more games.

If this has already been suggested, sorry for my lack of patience reading 7 pages of posts. If not, and money is a constraint, I'd be willing to do a PayPal donate or something to pay a reasonable amount for it.

I play at W@W and theirs sits in the system tray, and checks games every xx minutes (user settable) and pops up only when there are games to play. Would love to see that type of behaviour in this app if possible.

Thanks for the time and effort and again, maybe you might want to do a PayPal donate or some other such thing to at least make it worth your while to continue development.
"I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello." - Teal'c
Cook AtomicSlug

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:09 am

mine wont get past loading xml anymore.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby AtomicSlug on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:27 pm

Mine loads the xml fine, but I was curious as to a few things:

1) Is 0.1 the latest version?
2) Will the author consider further development for donations (like PayPal donate)?
3) If not, can someone else pick up the project?
4) If not, is there a simpler way to do this with C/C++ and the Win API?

If I go premium, this would surely be something I would be willing to donate a few bucks for.

I'd do it, but I don't know XML, and my compiler and IDE etc. are WAY outdated :(
Cook AtomicSlug

Postby Backglass on Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:23 pm

I would donate for this as well to aid further development. It's a "must have" for CC.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby tals on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:06 am

Great app! Thank you. Is their any chance when it's minimised in the system tray that it could change colour or do something that makes it obvious that their are now turns ready to play. I tend to leave my machine so wouldn't hear a sound but say if it went yellow in the tray or whatever it would be great.

Tals
Sergeant tals

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby AtomicSlug on Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:37 pm

I'd like it to just init, sit in the system tray, and only popup when there are games to play. Similar to the one at WaW
Cook AtomicSlug

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:52 pm

i'd like for it to open at startup.. can I make that an option?
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Memory resident size AND I want to donate!!

Postby horizon on Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:16 pm

Hey - I'm ready to make a PayPal donation. If you are interested let me know how.

Here's a question: I notice on my system that the app currently grabs almost 21K! If you get a chance, I would love to know if this is what you get too. Most of my other non-Microsoft memory resident programs are in the 4-5K range.

Finally, great app!! Wouldn't want to play without it!!

Thanks Thanks THanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks (etc, etc, etc)
Major horizon

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Bad Speler on Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:51 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:i'd like for it to open at startup.. can I make that an option?

I'm not sure if your computer has the same set-up as mine, but what i did was copy and paste the notifier shortcut to C:\Documents and Settings\Start Menu\Programs\Startup ...Anything in that folder starts up when you log-on, at least for me it does.
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (4)
Map Contribution (2)

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:10 pm

I used to go to run config but my mom took away my admin privilages.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Bad Speler on Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:15 pm

in that case im not sure its possible.
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (4)
Map Contribution (2)

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:35 pm

rss loaded
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby vahur106 on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:31 am

Is there a MacOS X Conquer Club Widget?
Private 1st Class vahur106

Postby tals on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:53 pm

After using this for almost a month the 2 main parts I would love an enhancement on.

1. Remember its defauls, so if I click always on top I want it to remember that the next time I start it :)

2. To have some way of minimising it and then have it either show itself or flash the icon when a game is ready.

Great app though and one I can't do without.

Tals
Sergeant tals

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby vorm on Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:10 pm

tals wrote:2. To have some way of minimising it and then have it either show itself or flash the icon when a game is ready.

I was going to suggest the same thing, but rather than flash, just change a different color (like green or something). I find things flashing in my systray rather annouying.

Great little piece of software though!
Major vorm

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby tals on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:16 pm

vorm wrote:
tals wrote:2. To have some way of minimising it and then have it either show itself or flash the icon when a game is ready.

I was going to suggest the same thing, but rather than flash, just change a different color (like green or something). I find things flashing in my systray rather annouying.

Great little piece of software though!

Agreed a different colour would be fine.

Tals
Sergeant tals

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives