Coding AJAX-compatible GM scripts

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby MR. Nate on Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:23 am

Do it! It's totally worth it to all of us who sit here and admire everyone's work!
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.
MeDeFe wrote:This is a forum on the internet, what do you expect?

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Ishiro on Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:26 am

I'm going through the code now making sure it does not over update too much. Colors still may be dropped from map inspect... have to wait and see. Being able to lose color blind options helps a bit.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby Ishiro on Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:56 pm

Blah... starting over. Some of the paths I went down were wrong and resulted in a map that never updated during your turn. (Like, you attack 10v1 and win, but the map still shows 10 and 1 even while the action section has moved on to Advancement.)

Its probably going to be next week before I get something that works since I have to return to work tomorrow.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)

Postby Tyrion81 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:16 am

Hmmm this has got me interested now.... I already started modifications to BOB to get things working with AJAX... I found testing a real pain in the ass though... Having to wait every time my turn came around sucks. (especially cuz i'm limited to my 4 games)
Corporal 1st Class Tyrion81

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby Ishiro on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:15 am

While some things need to wait for turns to test... here is a hint, posting a chat message to yourself in a non-team game goes through the ajax routines to update the chat log.

Starting over reworking the script from the ground up, I've got the clock and player stats working. Text map and map inspect are halfway there.

Postby yeti_c on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:36 am

Ishiro wrote:While some things need to wait for turns to test... here is a hint, posting a chat message to yourself in a non-team game goes through the ajax routines to update the chat log.

Starting over reworking the script from the ground up, I've got the clock and player stats working. Text map and map inspect are halfway there.

Nice work buddy - I'll leave it to you then...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby mfontolan on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:08 am

Ishiro wrote:While some things need to wait for turns to test... here is a hint, posting a chat message to yourself in a non-team game goes through the ajax routines to update the chat log.

Well, I think you understand what I say before.
Is other way of thinking. You have to put all your necessary stuff at the start and then change using "handleResponse".
Ishiro, we are doing a double job. I will stop my development and help you if you want.
Brazil #3 @ Agu, 2007.
Private 1st Class mfontolan

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby RobinJ on Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:53 am

Just would like to say that even a scaled down version of BOB would be much appreciated if it makes things easier, like TR0Y's first script
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby PerkinsRooster on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:15 pm

I concur. The only thing I really miss is the territory counter. And yes, I do know how to count myself.
Official Member of the Comic Misfits

High score: 2232
Major PerkinsRooster

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby RobinJ on Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:59 pm

PerkinsRooster wrote:I concur. The only thing I really miss is the territory counter. And yes, I do know how to count myself.

But, like me, you can't be bothered :wink:
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Aerial Attack on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:35 pm

If there were no BOB, you would count on your own - you would almost be forced to. The biggest problem is on non-standard maps, trying to figure out what bonuses people are actually earning. Sometimes you don't realize they have a 1 defending a 4+ bonus. At that point, it's almost always worth taking out. Of course, there are those of us who can't actually count properly (or try counting on Pearl Harbor or World 2.1).
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Medals: 4
Tournament Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Herakilla on Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 pm

i might get chewed out for saying this but the few times i have done some programming or what not and i got stuck i just started all over again, with nothing. starting from scratch
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby chewyman on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:17 am

First of all I just wanted to say thanks for working on this, I'm really looking forward to being able to use AJAX.

But I was wondering, why is this being made as a separate patch? Wouldn't it be easier to make it part of the website itself?
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Major chewyman

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby jiminski on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:49 am

I used to count all the troops up .. count cards, going back through all the game text.... without Bob i can;t see a way i could possibly play more than 20 games at a time.

GM is genius and if i had the knowledge i would be helping out with patches and scripts and cups of Tea.... but i am not that smart!

Thanks! email me if you want a cup of Tea.
Colonel jiminski

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Ishiro on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:14 am

The biggest problem has been that if I do a traditional function override for GM, the BOB functions execute 5 times per click. It slows down and breaks the functions that otherwise work. So I've been working on how to limit the execution of BOB functions. It ain't easy. Right now, the script works 100% if it is not your turn. Once it is your turn, the overexecution causes the map to stop updating, forcing you to exit and return to the game after every action. Unacceptable.

Still working on it...

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives