Conquer Club

Sleepmonkey Script

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Sleepmonkey Script

Postby EmperorOfDaNorth on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:21 pm

Here's an idea, which would be quite useful for Freestyle games:

Have a script or other tool that checks the last x games all opponents in a current game played, and then do a graph for each on when approximately they typically take their turns. Like morning, evening, daytime, nighttime..

This would help greatly, knowing who is likely to move next, and who's asleep. :)

Currently I have to do this manually, which is a chore.
Alex..? Alexander the Great, my Commander, what's wrong? Did someone leave you negative feedback again?
Colonel EmperorOfDaNorth

Postby Herakilla on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:40 pm

lol this would be very useful to win games in freestyle
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby soundout9 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:50 pm

This would be pretty cool!
Private soundout9

Postby Herakilla on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:53 pm

you gotta keep in mind that it would be a very complex thread and can only show trends not actual thing

thats if its programmable lol
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:45 pm

I don't think this is possible with GM...

This would rely on delving into the Database for each player...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby EmperorOfDaNorth on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:19 am

Well, each player is a link to the player's profile page, which in turn has a link to a list of all his games; then go into the first x of those and check when he's taking his turns. :)

I'm not sure if Greasemonky only works on the current page or that you can make it go do stuff at other pages as well. If it can't do that then it would need to be done in something else...

Anyway, it was just an idea. And a bit of fun really, at all the tools people employ to play an online board game. :)
Alex..? Alexander the Great, my Commander, what's wrong? Did someone leave you negative feedback again?
Colonel EmperorOfDaNorth

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:33 am

EmperorOfDaNorth wrote:Well, each player is a link to the player's profile page, which in turn has a link to a list of all his games; then go into the first x of those and check when he's taking his turns. :)

I'm not sure if Greasemonky only works on the current page or that you can make it go do stuff at other pages as well. If it can't do that then it would need to be done in something else...

Anyway, it was just an idea. And a bit of fun really, at all the tools people employ to play an online board game. :)

You're correct.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby wacicha on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:53 am

lol, when alot of us were playing Tribal wars, They had that information. you would go to sleep and lose 4 villages over night. I had to wake up ever 2 or 3 hours just to keep what i had.And not sleep for 2 days to get 3 or 4 more!!
Major wacicha

Postby happy2seeyou on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:10 pm

wacicha wrote:lol, when alot of us were playing Tribal wars, They had that information. you would go to sleep and lose 4 villages over night. I had to wake up ever 2 or 3 hours just to keep what i had.And not sleep for 2 days to get 3 or 4 more!!

I hope you have gotten help since then wacicha.... thats called a problem.
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby Twill on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:18 pm

oooooh that's dangerous :)

You could code it as an extension to FF rather than greasmonkey I guess....
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby DiM on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:00 pm

wacicha wrote:lol, when alot of us were playing Tribal wars, They had that information. you would go to sleep and lose 4 villages over night. I had to wake up ever 2 or 3 hours just to keep what i had.And not sleep for 2 days to get 3 or 4 more!!

same thing happened on travia (same game as tribal wars) but i had 2 sitters and we played 8 hour shifts to cover the whole day. we pillaged and plundered everybody when they were asleep.

in one night my alliance managed to eliminate almost 500 players and each player had 10+ villages. actually it didn't take the whole night it took almost 10 seconds. we intended all the attacks to be at the very same second. but 10 seconds is also good :twisted:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Herakilla on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:18 pm

DiM wrote:

same thing happened on travia (same game as tribal wars) but i had 2 sitters and we played 8 hour shifts to cover the whole day. we pillaged and plundered everybody when they were asleep.

in one night my alliance managed to eliminate almost 500 players and each player had 10+ villages. actually it didn't take the whole night it took almost 10 seconds. we intended all the attacks to be at the very same second. but 10 seconds is also good :twisted:

i plyaed travian lol, it was boring in my opinion. i had all my resources maxed in like a week one one village then all i had to do was mass troops and wipe some1
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:34 pm

Herakilla wrote:
DiM wrote:

i plyaed travian lol, it was boring in my opinion. i had all my resources maxed in like a week one one village then all i had to do was mass troops and wipe some1

actually travian was much more than making a maxed out village or even making 10 maxed out villages. it was all about communication within the alliance and coordinating attacks to the second.

me and my alliance won the server back to back by doing some pretty hard work. each of us had 2 sitters and was a sitter for 2 more accounts (the max allowed) this way all incoming attacks were known before they would strike, defenses were quickly set-up and retaliation was swift and mercyless.
imagine 250 people sending almost 5 thousand attacks against another alliance all at the very same second. 90% were fake attacks but the opposition didn't know what attacks were fake and what were real so they had no idea where to defend. whole accounts where shattered in 1 second.
alliances that were #1 fell down and disintegrated in a matter of seconds.
the most intense moments i experienced in an online game were in travian. nothing else even came close. i had to quit because i ended up screwing my free time and my sleep. often i put the alarm clock to wake me up in the middle of the night to send attacks or to defend. it was crazy especially when you have 40 villages in your account and you are also sitting for 2 more similar accounts.
or when you are constructing the wonder (required to win the server) and the troops in your village consume the entire stock every 20 minutes because you have like over a million troops in defence and you have to manage the incoming food supply to avoid the death of the troops but also to avoid the granaries overflowing and crops going to waste.

a really really time consuming game but very enjoyable with a good alliance.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby The Weird One on Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:35 am

THAT would be a problem :lol:
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Return to Tool Archives