Conquer Club

BOB Bugs

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB Bugs

Postby Gilligan on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:37 am

I got the same thing as matt.

Captain Gilligan

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:44 am

Gilligan wrote:I got the same thing as matt.

I got that a while ago ā€”Ā refreshing the page works.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby sherkaner on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:55 am

back from vacation.. I'll have a look at the 2 bugs mentioned above in a few days.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby lordmcfuzz on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:29 am

hondacbr wrote:Hi,

I had BOB version: 4.7.3
1. The last item on my BOB menu was a flashing red text: "Update Available"
2. I clicked on it and installed (or at least attempted) to install the newer version.
3. The update/install window showed up and I clicked on "install".
4. A small window quickly flashed on the screen.
5. I cleared the cache and cookies and restarted firefox.
6. Went to CC page and logged in: No BOB was installed.
7. Went to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/52341 to get the most recent BOB version (4.7.9) and installed it.
8. Repeated step 5.
9. Went to CC page and logged in: BOB version 4.7.3 is installed again and the text "Update Available" flashes.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

-honda

same here, when i update it from 4.7.3, which is the version you download from the web, it goes missing from the game. It still is in grease monkey but not showing up ingame
Private lordmcfuzz

Postby sherkaner on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:02 am

lordmcfuzz wrote:
hondacbr wrote:Hi,

I had BOB version: 4.7.3
1. The last item on my BOB menu was a flashing red text: "Update Available"
2. I clicked on it and installed (or at least attempted) to install the newer version.
3. The update/install window showed up and I clicked on "install".
4. A small window quickly flashed on the screen.
5. I cleared the cache and cookies and restarted firefox.
6. Went to CC page and logged in: No BOB was installed.
7. Went to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/52341 to get the most recent BOB version (4.7.9) and installed it.
8. Repeated step 5.
9. Went to CC page and logged in: BOB version 4.7.3 is installed again and the text "Update Available" flashes.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

-honda

same here, when i update it from 4.7.3, which is the version you download from the web, it goes missing from the game. It still is in grease monkey but not showing up ingame

Not sure. I know step 5 isn't needed (hitting ctrl-F5 when you're on a CC page clears the cache for that page and can solve some things, but there's no need to clear all cache/cookies).
I'd actually guess that hondacbr went to the old URL of Yeti_c, the latest version there is 4.7.3 (even though he used the right URL here). But I can't explain the missing BOB or BOB not showing up ingame.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby docchaos on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 am

On Conquer Man BOB is damn slow. It takes several seconds to update after an attack and in that time, I can't do anything.
Is this because of the size of the map? Can anything be done about it?
Major docchaos

Postby yowzer14 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:46 pm

docchaos wrote:On Conquer Man BOB is damn slow. It takes several seconds to update after an attack and in that time, I can't do anything.
Is this because of the size of the map? Can anything be done about it?

Not really, best thing to do is turn off BOB for that game. I like to put in an exclude for Conquer Man games.

Right click the greasemonkey, click Manage User Scripts.
Click BOB in the list, in the Excluded Pages half click the Add to the right and add in the link to the game such as for game number 2000000 the link would be
Code: Select all
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=2000000*
Private 1st Class yowzer14

Postby sully800 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:51 pm

Did anyone else just lose all of their snapshots? I suppose I could have accidentally hit "delete all snapshots" without realizing it, but right now mine are all gone. :(
Major sully800

Postby sherkaner on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:01 am

sully800 wrote:Did anyone else just lose all of their snapshots? I suppose I could have accidentally hit "delete all snapshots" without realizing it, but right now mine are all gone. :(

I don't know, Lincecum reported something similar a week ago or so. Snapshots still worked for him, he still had around 350 old snapshots. Maybe that ticked it off, but there was no way to be sure..

A screen for snapshots would be nice, but that's quite some work. I could put an 'are you sure?'-screen when hitting delete all snapshots, just to be sure at least.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby yeti_c on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am

I thought I did code an "are you sure" dialog?!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby sherkaner on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:16 am

yeah, you're right. Probably not the cause then.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Grifter on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:15 pm

I have problems with the Bob menu where it disappears if I move the mouse slowly towards it. I am using Firefox 3.5.2 on Windows Vista. I have Bob 4.7.9. I move the mouse to the far left side to bring up the menu. I have to move the mouse quickly to the menu in order to access it. If I move the mouse slowly over the line then it disappears.
Lieutenant Grifter

Postby sherkaner on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:45 pm

I guess this is a problem with the 'hide menu'-option? I think I know what causes it, and how to solve it. Thanks for noticing.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Rocketry on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:01 am

Sooo I updated Firefox and BOB has declared incompatible. But you already know that, right?

Rocket.
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:37 pm

BOB: xml for this map is not correct, map inspect and text map are off

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=5545510

it worked fine for this game yesterday??
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby sherkaner on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:46 am

Lord Voldemort: Seems to work now, I think the most likely cause is that the xml-file was temporarily unavailable (I play that map a lot lately, and I haven't seen that happen).

Btw, I pm'd Rocketry, seems to be greasemonkey giving a 'not compatible'-message.
Colonel sherkaner

Log Downloading Failed - 2.1

Postby railfrog on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:21 am

Playin a 2.1 map, round 357.
Enter game - initialising BOB - Processing log.
After a short time ( 15 seconds? ) an error message appears.

"log downloading failed - would you like to retry?" Options are ok or cancel

Press ok and the box disappears but something is still happening in the background, then after about another 15 seconds the page goes completely blank.

If i press cancel, i can play the game, but only do one thing at a time before i have to reload to then do another thing. will explain further...press cancel - deploy troops - page freezes - have to reload - make the attack - page freezes - have to reload - advance any armies - page freezes - have to reload - reinforce any armies - page freezes - have to reload - end reinforcements - page freezes - have to reload - take snapshot - page freezes - go on to next game.

It only is happening on this one game as i have another 2.1 going ( round 196 ) which is fine. All my other games are classics and they are all ok.

I am pretty sure this is a BOB issue as if i turn "auto BOB" off the game loads first time.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Major railfrog

Re: Log Downloading Failed - 2.1

Postby Thezzaruz on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:18 am

railfrog wrote:I am pretty sure this is a BOB issue as if i turn "auto BOB" off the game loads first time.

I agree. And hence this should have been posted in the BoB thread in the plug-in forum.... ;)
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby ender516 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:22 pm

In Game 5571058, I am holding Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Virginia, and all the Union Ships except USS Essex, but when I hover over my name, Maryland does not show as safe. When I hover over Maryland, it shows the "Attacks" and "Borders" lists correctly. I suspect that Maryland is being marked as unsafe because it borders USS Essex; however, the Union Ships cannot attack (or even bombard) Maryland: the attacks are one-way from Maryland to the ships. Perhaps the BOB logic which determines safety needs a slight tweak.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby richi_rich1206 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:54 am

how do i take bob off so i cant use it ever again
Cook richi_rich1206

Postby sherkaner on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:42 am

ender516 wrote:In Game 5571058, I am holding Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Virginia, and all the Union Ships except USS Essex, but when I hover over my name, Maryland does not show as safe. When I hover over Maryland, it shows the "Attacks" and "Borders" lists correctly. I suspect that Maryland is being marked as unsafe because it borders USS Essex; however, the Union Ships cannot attack (or even bombard) Maryland: the attacks are one-way from Maryland to the ships. Perhaps the BOB logic which determines safety needs a slight tweak.

Looks like you're right, I'll have a look soon at the logic.

richi_rich1206 wrote:how do i take bob off so i cant use it ever again

Right-click the (grease)monkey, manage user scripts, and remove the script you want to remove. I'm not sure why you'd want that though.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby reptile on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:30 pm

for some reason, bob stops working randomly for me (usually have to restart firefox... ) it isnt that big of a deal but can i do anything about it?
Major reptile

Postby sherkaner on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Hmm, that's not a lot of information, so I can't really tell at the moment. What happens, the loading-screen just doesn't vanish? And when did you begin noticing it?
Colonel sherkaner

Postby reptile on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:03 pm

sherkaner wrote:Hmm, that's not a lot of information, so I can't really tell at the moment. What happens, the loading-screen just doesn't vanish? And when did you begin noticing it?

well, ever since i got a copy of windows ...lol. so a couple weeks ago.

it just doesnt load is all. sometimes i have to re-install bob. and usually map rank.
Major reptile

Postby sherkaner on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:06 pm

reptile wrote:
sherkaner wrote:Hmm, that's not a lot of information, so I can't really tell at the moment. What happens, the loading-screen just doesn't vanish? And when did you begin noticing it?

well, ever since i got a copy of windows ...lol. so a couple weeks ago.

it just doesnt load is all. sometimes i have to re-install bob. and usually map rank.

Something is messing with your firefox profile then, doesn't sound like something I can prevent from happening.
Colonel sherkaner

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives