Conquer Club

BOB Bugs

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB Bugs

Postby railfrog on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:57 pm

railfrog wrote:Not sure if this is a BOB fault or not, but since updating to 4.7.7 the colours on the map that shows the number of armies in the territorys are not as clear as they were. They seem "smudged"

just want to bump this as i don't know if i'm in thre right place to post this.
oh yeh...and i am getting a message about scripts when i click on play next game
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Major railfrog

Postby laddida on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:24 am

no progress on fixing the problem yet ? IM having to learn a new map the old fashion way now :-P lol
General laddida

Postby sherkaner on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:54 am

laddida wrote:no progress on fixing the problem yet ? IM having to learn a new map the old fashion way now :-P lol

No, I'll have to wait for someone from the site (probably Lack) to look into it and fix it (maybe by just uploading the old xml's).

And it doesn't only affect BOB, clickable maps doesn't work on those maps either afaik.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby WilliamMac on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:08 am

I hit the 'update available' flashing message and BOB has disappeared. I tried downloading it from the site, tried disabling it and enabling it. BOB is nowhere to be found - the menu is gone, it doesn't load - NOTHING!

The Greasemonkey icon tells me that it's enabled, but BOB is nowhere to be found.

HELP!!!
Private 1st Class WilliamMac

Postby Namor on Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:08 pm

WilliamMac wrote:I hit the 'update available' flashing message and BOB has disappeared. I tried downloading it from the site, tried disabling it and enabling it. BOB is nowhere to be found - the menu is gone, it doesn't load - NOTHING!

The Greasemonkey icon tells me that it's enabled, but BOB is nowhere to be found.

HELP!!!

Have you tried installing 4.7.8

Get it here http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=91386&start=0
Colonel Namor

Postby Draq on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:13 am

I can´t get my BOB to work on any map what so ever. It just keeps loading and saying initializing BOB forever. I have the latest version of firefox and I have tried to reinstall the BOB without success. I have BOB 4.7.8. So what to do?
Brigadier Draq

Postby Potent Potables on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:18 am

Draq wrote:I can´t get my BOB to work on any map what so ever. It just keeps loading and saying initializing BOB forever. I have the latest version of firefox and I have tried to reinstall the BOB without success. I have BOB 4.7.8. So what to do?

I am having the same problem, just started a little bit ago, it was working fine this morning.
Corporal Potent Potables

Postby sherkaner on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:26 am

me too. Looks like they changed maps.conquerclub.com back to www.conquerclub.com/maps (without telling anyone).. (http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85845).
I kinda assumed it would stay maps.conquerclub.com, so now BOB is looking in the wrong place for the files..
Colonel sherkaner

Postby RL_Orange on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:35 am

Same problem over here.

Had an update on vista today, service pack 2. Isnt related to that i guess.
Brigadier RL_Orange

Postby cowboyz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:51 am

yups, same problem
Corporal cowboyz

Postby Potent Potables on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:52 am

I went into the script and changed the line for maps.conquerclub.com/ to http://www.conquerclub.com/maps/ and it is working now.. you can modify it yourself or wait till they release a new version.
Corporal Potent Potables

Postby RL_Orange on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:57 am

Potent Potables wrote:I went into the script and changed the line for maps.conquerclub.com/ to http://www.conquerclub.com/maps/ and it is working now.. you can modify it yourself or wait till they release a new version.

Thx, that helped
Brigadier RL_Orange

Postby sherkaner on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:59 am

I was working on more fixes, so the update actually contains more fixes.. But that's basically what I've done for now.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby cowboyz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:03 pm

awesome, thank you
Corporal cowboyz

Postby Draq on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks alot! =D>
Brigadier Draq

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:26 pm

Not updating to this version so it works fine ftw! haha, but I hope it gets fixed asap

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby piranha on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm not sure why, but since some time I can't use BOB because of strange problem: it freezes on "Parsing XML" status. :-( It spins activity scroller with label "Parsing XML..." for ever. :-( That's what I've got in console:

4 ms:Starting
33 ms:Player IDs
41 ms:Map Analysis
43 ms:Starting Request XML for Iberia
46 ms:Building the Settings Menu
14384 ms:Received XML response

Any ideas?
Sergeant piranha

Postby chipv on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:38 am

Parsing XML problems should be ok on the 4 afflicted maps most notably Philippines.

(Pelopponnesian,WWII Europe and Europe 1914 were worked around already, I believe)
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby hondacbr on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi,

I had BOB version: 4.7.3
1. The last item on my BOB menu was a flashing red text: "Update Available"
2. I clicked on it and installed (or at least attempted) to install the newer version.
3. The update/install window showed up and I clicked on "install".
4. A small window quickly flashed on the screen.
5. I cleared the cache and cookies and restarted firefox.
6. Went to CC page and logged in: No BOB was installed.
7. Went to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/52341 to get the most recent BOB version (4.7.9) and installed it.
8. Repeated step 5.
9. Went to CC page and logged in: BOB version 4.7.3 is installed again and the text "Update Available" flashes.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

-honda
Sergeant 1st Class hondacbr

Postby docchaos on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:25 am

I found a weird bug on Age of Merchants (I'm not sure it's a BOB-bug or something wrong with the xml): When I hover over a port, BOB tells me, that it is normally connected to all docks (but docks can't attack ports, so it should be shown as one-way attack). For port-port it's the other way around, these connections are shown as one-way connections, even though they are two-way connections.

btw: When I hover over a dock, the one-way connection to ports is correctly shown.

cheers,
Marc
Major docchaos

Postby mattastrophe on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Draq wrote:I can´t get my BOB to work on any map what so ever. It just keeps loading and saying initializing BOB forever. I have the latest version of firefox and I have tried to reinstall the BOB without success. I have BOB 4.7.8. So what to do?

I had some issues with 4.7.x-4.7.8. Had to turn it off. 4.7.9 is working nicely.

Says the guy about to submit a bug report :)
--matt
Captain mattastrophe

BOB Bug when less than 5 minutes left to play

Postby mattastrophe on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:45 pm

I know. A very minor bug. Aside from minor fubars getting patches out, it's the first obvious one for me.

Basically, when the player has under 5 minutes and the countdown is flashing, Bob switches the time to a string of NaNs.

This: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =683356812 (or Image)

Turns into: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =683356812 (or Image)

Not a biggie, though,
--matt
Captain mattastrophe

Postby dhallmeyer on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:52 pm

My map inspect is not working properly. In my own games it tells me what the card value is, but if I look at someone else's game I have to do it the old way--look through the log. any ideas?
Captain dhallmeyer
Senior SoC Training Instructor
Senior SoC Training Instructor

Postby docchaos on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:27 am

docchaos wrote:I found a weird bug on Age of Merchants (I'm not sure it's a BOB-bug or something wrong with the xml): When I hover over a port, BOB tells me, that it is normally connected to all docks (but docks can't attack ports, so it should be shown as one-way attack). For port-port it's the other way around, these connections are shown as one-way connections, even though they are two-way connections.

btw: When I hover over a dock, the one-way connection to ports is correctly shown.

cheers,
Marc

I found similar behaviour on Egypt: Valley Of The Kings, which prompted me to look through some other maps with one-way attacks and on some of them it worked correctly while it didn't on others. Here are my observations:
- Of the maps I tested (Age of Merchants, Valley of Kings, Pearl Harbor, Europe, Asia, San Francisco, British Isles and Circus Maximus), it worked correctly on those that have exactly one country that can be attacked one-way (Europe, Asia, San Francisco - the latter has 3 routes on which you can attack one-way but all lead to just one country, namely Alcatraz) and failed to work on all other maps.
- It fails only for countries, that attack one-way and not for those that are attacked one-way. That means if there are countries A and B with a connection A ---> B, when I hover over B everything is displayed correctly, but when I hover over A something is wrong.
- The bug only occurs with one-way attacks and not with bombardements.
- Map inspect below the map shows the correct information, it's just the symbols overlayed on the map that are affected.

That's as precise as I can descibe the bug right now, I hope it helps in finding it. My guess is that there is some index off by one when there's more than one country that can be the target of a one-way attack.
Major docchaos

Postby Witt13 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:54 am

I'm having this weird bug on the Eastern Hemisphere map. The Game 5334866 is foggy, and for my BOB line it says:
Code: Select all
Witt13    0 Bonus Cards0    0 (0)    63 ( 35% )    21 ( 30% ) [ 19 (27%) ]**    55    0    (6 + 0 + 0) = 6    0    0 

Now that 19 for the Calculated regions should be 21... Not a major bug, but just pointed out something isn't quite exactly right... ;)

Edit: But I just started my first turn, and it corrected itself... It was only like this prior to me taking my first turn...
Colonel Witt13

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives