Conquer Club

ConquerTell Notifier (Firefox Extension) (OLD VERSION)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ConquerTell Notifier (Firefox Extension)

Postby BBoz on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:27 am

jonducrou wrote:
homes32 wrote:Mozilla is a bit backlogged because everybody updated their extensions for FF3 the same day.

on another note jonducrou if you only need to change min/max compatibility stuff you can do that though the control panel so it doesn't have to go thorough the approval process.

d'oh!

So, can you withdraw the "update" and just make the control panel change? Is that immediate?
Sergeant 1st Class BBoz

Postby jonducrou on Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:49 pm

BBoz wrote:
jonducrou wrote:
homes32 wrote:Mozilla is a bit backlogged because everybody updated their extensions for FF3 the same day.

on another note jonducrou if you only need to change min/max compatibility stuff you can do that though the control panel so it doesn't have to go thorough the approval process.

d'oh!

So, can you withdraw the "update" and just make the control panel change? Is that immediate?

It is not possible - the waiting continues.... and my shame increases....
Private jonducrou

Postby BBoz on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:18 am

jonducrou wrote:
bboz wrote:So, can you withdraw the "update" and just make the control panel change? Is that immediate?

It is not possible - the waiting continues.... and my shame increases....

Nah.... We are all just anxious (at least I am). So glad though that you spent the time to make the plugin to begin with. If I couldn't live without it, I could get it from the other link earlier in the thread. No shame Jonducrou. Thanks so much for making the plugin.
Sergeant 1st Class BBoz

Postby john9blue on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:19 am

I'm starting to really appreciate this extension now that I don't have it. :lol:

Thanks for being prompt updating this for FF3 jon... too bad Mozilla is so slow... :x
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Ditocoaf on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:41 pm

*twiddles thumbs*

>----------āœŖ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! āœŖ----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby militant on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:00 am

I also updated to FireFox 3 or something, if you are making this to work on FireFox 3 that would be awesome :D
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Postby Ditocoaf on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:40 am

militant wrote:I also updated to FireFox 3 or something, if you are making this to work on FireFox 3 that would be awesome :D

:lol: read the thread! That's what it's been about for the last few pages. He submitted an updated version for Mozilla to approve, right as FF3 came out. They're just really slow at getting it approved. Of course, now he found out that he didn't have to do it through the bureaucracy, but it's too late to go back now...

>----------āœŖ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! āœŖ----------<

Postby State409c on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:49 am

I don't get it, mine works on my machine at work. And for awhile, it worked on my machine at home too, but then stopped. Proof that I'm using the newest FF and have a working CT

Major State409c

Postby Ditocoaf on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:44 pm

State409c wrote:I don't get it, mine works on my machine at work. And for awhile, it worked on my machine at home too, but then stopped. Proof that I'm using the newest FF and have a working CT

It doesn't have FireFox 3 capabilities yet. jonducrou submitted the FF3-capable version right when FF3 came out, but Mozilla's being kind of slow at approving it.

Postby State409c on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:04 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about. I just proved to you that it is working on FF3 for me for some reason. I did modify the script at one point on both machines but I don't have enough Add On knowledge to know why this would allow it to keep working with FF3.
Major State409c

Postby Ditocoaf on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:52 pm

State409c wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about. I just proved to you that it is working on FF3 for me for some reason. I did modify the script at one point on both machines but I don't have enough Add On knowledge to know why this would allow it to keep working with FF3.

Oops, sorry... I misunderstood what you were saying. My bad.

Postby MarVal on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:45 am

Great work you do jonducrou, too bad Mozilla isn't that fast as you are ;-)

Nothing we can do, just wait :P

Grtz
MarVal
Image highest score: 2157 (Major) / Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
ImageImage
Corporal MarVal

Postby BBoz on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:21 am

State409c wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about. I just proved to you that it is working on FF3 for me for some reason. I did modify the script at one point on both machines but I don't have enough Add On knowledge to know why this would allow it to keep working with FF3.

State, clearly the modification you did on that machine was a little different than the other. You must have put a 3 in instead of a 3.0b or something. If you modified the script, none of us could know what you did to it.
Sergeant 1st Class BBoz

Postby BBoz on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:54 pm

I figured out a little trick to get the extension early and still keep it as an "official" version that you would get updates on. Some may already know this, but I was happy to find it...

If you go to this page, where is shows all of the versions for ConquerTell, it lists the update as an "experimental" version.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sions/3638

By registering with Mozilla, you can download the experimental version in firefox just like a regular extension. I did and everything installed just great!
Sergeant 1st Class BBoz

Postby john9blue on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:49 pm

Ho. Lee. Shit.

THANK YOU BBoz! \:D/
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby darbselod on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:36 pm

Sa-WEET! Thanks so much BBoz! Worked like a charm!

:D =D> :D =D> :D =D> :D
Lieutenant darbselod

Postby Hologram on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:54 am

BBoz wrote:I figured out a little trick to get the extension early and still keep it as an "official" version that you would get updates on. Some may already know this, but I was happy to find it...

If you go to this page, where is shows all of the versions for ConquerTell, it lists the update as an "experimental" version.

By registering with Mozilla, you can download the experimental version in firefox just like a regular extension. I did and everything installed just great!

Does it have jonducrou's endorsement?
The inflation rate in Zimbabwe just hit 4 million percent. Some people say it is only 165,000, but they are just being stupid. -Scott Adams, artist and writer of Dilbert
Cook Hologram

Postby BBoz on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:32 pm

Hologram wrote:
BBoz wrote:I figured out a little trick to get the extension early and still keep it as an "official" version that you would get updates on. Some may already know this, but I was happy to find it...

Does it have jonducrou's endorsement?

It's Jonducrou's update. It's just the one that's just not "officially approved by Mozilla" yet. So, I would say it has his endorsement, he wrote and posted it. This is just a way to get it before Mozilla approves. :D
Sergeant 1st Class BBoz

Postby xmaveric on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:37 am

Quick update that makes the addon work with Firefox 3.0.1. Only the max version was changed, all else is the same.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/7 ... x-xpi.html

(You have to wait 30 seconds to download, then click "open" for it to install in Firefox.)

All creds to jonducrou.
Corporal xmaveric

Postby militant on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:58 am

It still does not work for me, it said it is not compatiable with FireFox 3 so it wont work :)

Postby BBoz on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:37 pm

militant wrote:

It still does not work for me, it said it is not compatiable with FireFox 3 so it wont work :)

Did you see the part about getting the "experimental" version?
Sergeant 1st Class BBoz

Postby Serpentor on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:12 pm

BBoz wrote:Did you see the part about getting the "experimental" version?

I tried it too, it doesn't work. I upgraded to FF 3.0.1 and it says the experimental version is incompatible with it. It might work with vanilla 3.0, but it wasn't worth the hassle of downgrading. I'll stick with the 1.1.8 hotfix for now.
Major Serpentor

Postby jonducrou on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:40 pm

Huzzah! Approved... Such a quick turn around! Hit update addons in firefox and it should show up with a new version.

(And a note to homes32 : I still can't change the version via the mozilla addon interface)
Private jonducrou

Postby cramill on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Sweet, it works. (Finaly.)

But, I've noticed that when you right click to set options or whatever, the pop up menu bar isn't lined up with the window very well...
Corporal 1st Class cramill

Postby militant on Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Awesome, thanks for fixing it so quick :D

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives