Conquer Club

ConquerTell Notifier (Firefox Extension) (OLD VERSION)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Reload in 1 minute

Postby Backglass on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:59 am

grunch wrote:Hello guys, i have a conquer fever and i think 5 minutes to reload is too much time for me, thats why i made a little change to the extension and i upload in my site, if somebody want it here is the link

i hope the extension creator dont get mad at me :D

http://grunch.com.ve/conquer/tools/conquertell-1.1.7-1-grunch.xpi

The issue isn't Conquer Tell, but the RSS feed refresh time itself.
The Pro-TipĀ®, SkyDaddyĀ® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby tahitiwahini on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:04 am

Backglass wrote:
grunch wrote:Hello guys, i have a conquer fever and i think 5 minutes to reload is too much time for me, thats why i made a little change to the extension and i upload in my site, if somebody want it here is the link

Actually I don't think that's true. The RSS feed refreshes every 60 seconds, but for some reason the Conquer Tell tool had a minimum reload time of 5 minutes. grunch has added a minimum reload time of 1 minute. It's much more up-to-date now. Since it's just an additional option (and not even the default) I don't think anyone would object.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini
Private 1st Class tahitiwahini

Postby Backglass on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:02 am

tahitiwahini wrote:Actually I don't think that's true. The RSS feed refreshes every 60 seconds

Then that is a recent change (for the better). I know Lack set it at 5 minutes months ago due to server issues. I guess he changed it back!
The Pro-TipĀ®, SkyDaddyĀ® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby lackattack on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:37 pm

I'm still caching for 5 mins. Server is very busy, don't want to risk overloading it again.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby tahitiwahini on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:43 pm

lackattack wrote:I'm still caching for 5 mins. Server is very busy, don't want to risk overloading it again.

I stand corrected. Sorry Backglass for passing on bad information.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini

Postby cricket on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 pm

maybe i dont know what i am talking about but i set the reload time for 1 min and i have waited for at least 3 and it shows i have a game ready i played in 2 minutes ago. any suggestions? or is it the thing lack said about 5 mins time or something?

thanks
I am cricket, the cricket playing cricketer. The Master Blaster is the best in the world.

Highest Score - 1888
Highest Place - 292
Current Rank - Lieutenant
Current Score - 1630
Sergeant 1st Class cricket

How about...

Postby robbart on Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:07 am

Letting me not only have my user id selectable, but others i want to watch...?
Sergeant 1st Class robbart

Postby tahitiwahini on Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:45 am

cricket wrote:maybe i dont know what i am talking about but i set the reload time for 1 min and i have waited for at least 3 and it shows i have a game ready i played in 2 minutes ago. any suggestions? or is it the thing lack said about 5 mins time or something?

thanks

Right now setting the reload time on the notifier to 1 minute will have no effect because the limiting factor is the reload time on the RSS feed which is presently set at 5 minutes.

So the best any of the notifiers can do right now is be up-to-date as of five mintues ago. If lack were to adjust the refresh period of the RSS feed to one minute, then the notifier would be up-to-date as of 1 minute. All the notifiers get their data from the RSS feed so none of them can be more up-to-date than the RSS feed which is currently 5 minutes.

Lack is unlikely to adjust the RSS feed down to 1 minute becuase of concerns on what that would do to site response time.

If you want more up-to-date information about your games than you get from your notifier you can always check My Games which has the latest information if you refresh the page.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini

Re: How about...

Postby tahitiwahini on Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:49 am

robbart wrote:Letting me not only have my user id selectable, but others i want to watch...?

I don't think any of the notifiers currently support watching games for multiple players.

However, since there are multiple different notifiers (4 I believe) you could set up each one to track the games for a different player.

See the Utilities and Plugins for Conquer Club script to get the other notifiers.

You can always use game finder as well, specifiying active games, and the player's name, and searching for all his games.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini

Postby grunch on Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:33 am

tahitiwahini wrote:
Right now setting the reload time on the notifier to 1 minute will have no effect because the limiting factor is the reload time on the RSS feed which is presently set at 5 minutes.

So the best any of the notifiers can do right now is be up-to-date as of five mintues ago. If lack were to adjust the refresh period of the RSS feed to one minute, then the notifier would be up-to-date as of 1 minute. All the notifiers get their data from the RSS feed so none of them can be more up-to-date than the RSS feed which is currently 5 minutes.

Lack is unlikely to adjust the RSS feed down to 1 minute becuase of concerns on what that would do to site response time.

If you want more up-to-date information about your games than you get from your notifier you can always check My Games which has the latest information if you refresh the page.

maybe we can make another conquer tell notifier where checks the my games page, only logged users
Corporal 1st Class grunch

Postby john1099 on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:34 pm

I go to the link, and click install, and it comes up with an error that says "Invalid File Hash, possible download corruption"
could you tell me what I'm doing wrong, so I can fix this?
Thanks,
John
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby paranoid-android on Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:07 pm

haha john! me and you both, i'm stumped!
Corporal 1st Class paranoid-android

Postby Timminz on Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:43 pm

make that 3 of us.
Captain Timminz

Postby Mustapha Mond on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:58 am

I got the same thing, so I just installed the previous version.

That said, mine says "(loading)" and won't ever seem to load the games. Anyone tested it with a space in their username? Or maybe it's case-sensitive? Any ideas?
Private 1st Class Mustapha Mond

Postby tahitiwahini on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:36 am

Mustapha Mond wrote:I got the same thing, so I just installed the previous version.

That said, mine says "(loading)" and won't ever seem to load the games. Anyone tested it with a space in their username? Or maybe it's case-sensitive? Any ideas?

If you have a space in your username I would enclose it in double quotes and on the assumption it is case-sensitive use the correct case:

username="Mustapha Mond"
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini

Still...

Postby Mustapha Mond on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:43 am

...just says "(loading)"
Private 1st Class Mustapha Mond

Postby fireheart on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:40 pm

I'm getting the same rehash error. The previous version loaded just fine, but I cannot load the newest one. If someone finds a work around could you please post it? Thanks by the way for the addon! Other than not getting the new version it works fine!

Thanks!
Fireheart
Private 1st Class fireheart

Postby monkton on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:23 am

fireheart wrote:I'm getting the same rehash error. The previous version loaded just fine, but I cannot load the newest one. If someone finds a work around could you please post it? Thanks by the way for the addon! Other than not getting the new version it works fine!

Thanks!
Fireheart

Is there still no fix for this?
Lieutenant monkton

Postby monkton on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:28 am

I'm using firefox version 2.0.3, btw, while the conquertell page says it's good up through version 2.0.0 - could this be the source of the problem?
Last edited by monkton on Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant monkton

I got a download error

Postby PantherSig on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:08 pm

Anyone experience the same? Please help. Jon?
Corporal PantherSig

Postby ffgamer9 on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:48 pm

Backglass wrote:

a shorter refresh rate is still a good idea. the refresh may not be in sync with the RSS feed refresh. example: refresh rate is 5 minutes, it checks the feed and finds nothing. 1 minute later, the RSS feed gets refreshed. conquer tell won't know this for 4 more minutes.
Private 1st Class ffgamer9

sorry

Postby jonducrou on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:02 am

I haven't been paying much attention to conquertell - or conquerclub for some time - sorry everyone. anyone who is interested in taking over the source code PM me - else i can put it up on sourceforge.

Jon
Private jonducrou

Postby bob72 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:51 pm

the firefox addon is simply sublime.

Kudos to the creater simply fantastic :D
Private 1st Class bob72

Postby kyso420 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:22 pm

this is pretty sweet, good work!
Captain kyso420

Postby playnice on Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:48 pm

Sweet!!! :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class playnice