[GP/UI] 2-player "team" games

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: 1v1 Team Games

Postby edwinissweet on Sat May 15, 2010 2:52 pm

do keep in mind that most people in CC are not active in the forums.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby yeti_c on Sat May 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Ah - I didn't actually read the poll topic - I assumed it was a "yes/no" question.

I've read the poll question now - and voted No now.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat May 15, 2010 3:39 pm

yeti_c wrote:Ah - I didn't actually read the poll topic - I assumed it was a "yes/no" question.

I've read the poll question now - and voted No now.

C.

I just did the same thing
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Medals: 100
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Postby grayknight_2 on Sat May 15, 2010 4:24 pm

GOT TO BE NO FOR ME I THINK TEAM GAMES SHOULD BE JUST THAT ALL DIFFERENT IDEAS FROM DIFFERENT VIEWS OF TEAM MATES
Lieutenant grayknight_2

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Nephilim on Sat May 15, 2010 6:32 pm

what the hell is wrong with all you people voting "no"?

all the high-falutin' talk about "team games require teamwork and all these other noble values, and this would ruin it".....well, if team games are so great (and i love them), then people will still play them even with a new option, won't they?

the point of this project is to make real challenges between 2 players an effing possibility after ALL THIS TIME. isn't it completely insane that 2 CC members can't test their skills against each other in a game? this is the best solution.....STOP TRYING TO RUIN IT FOR US, all you haters

whatever little wrinkles there are (scoring questions, etc.), they can be worked out....let's make the changes NOW
Liberté, egalité, cash moné

Hey, Fox News: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

My heart beats with unconditional love
But beware of the blackness that it's capable of
Major Nephilim

Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (11)

Postby Incandenza on Sat May 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Nephilim wrote:what the hell is wrong with all you people voting "no"?

all the high-falutin' talk about "team games require teamwork and all these other noble values, and this would ruin it".....well, if team games are so great (and i love them), then people will still play them even with a new option, won't they?

the point of this project is to make real challenges between 2 players an effing possibility after ALL THIS TIME. isn't it completely insane that 2 CC members can't test their skills against each other in a game? this is the best solution.....STOP TRYING TO RUIN IT FOR US, all you haters

whatever little wrinkles there are (scoring questions, etc.), they can be worked out....let's make the changes NOW

Hell yes.

While 1vTeam has issues and should probably be set aside, team 1v1 would be an amazing new gameplay concept, the likes of which CC hasn't seen in a long, long time. I love teams games as much as the next guy, pretty much all I play these days, and I disagree that team 1v1 would kill team games. After all, 1v1 didn't kill team games. You know why? 'Cause 1v1 is really flawed. With team 1v1, CC will finally have a halfway decent system for two player to go head to head without drop and turn order becoming the major element.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Postby peanutsdad on Sat May 15, 2010 7:14 pm

i voted, looks like a close race
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)

Postby pmchugh on Sat May 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Incandenza wrote:
Nephilim wrote:what the hell is wrong with all you people voting "no"?

Hell yes.

While 1vTeam has issues and should probably be set aside, team 1v1 would be an amazing new gameplay concept, the likes of which CC hasn't seen in a long, long time. I love teams games as much as the next guy, pretty much all I play these days, and I disagree that team 1v1 would kill team games. After all, 1v1 didn't kill team games. You know why? 'Cause 1v1 is really flawed. With team 1v1, CC will finally have a halfway decent system for two player to go head to head without drop and turn order becoming the major element.

You guys understand that the poll is only if 1vteam should be included?

1v1 team is definately being submitted i think.

I voted no in this, I think 1v1 team would be great but 1vteam I don't see much point in. It would be much easier for the 1 without the need for communication I see no reason why a team of 4 would ever want to play 1 guy :?
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10) General Contribution (1)

Postby hiddendragon on Sat May 15, 2010 7:27 pm

There would be to many ways to farm with this proposal. Even though it sucks when a partner makes a bad deployment or skips a turn or is simply a complete idiot it is part of the game, deal with it.
Team chat and cooperation or a team that has a good feel for one another is what this proposal seems to be about. My advise is that if someone doesn't like a partner(s) then that player should find new mates.
"A conquerer must be many things but most importantly one must be quick and flexible."
Captain hiddendragon

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby ahunda on Sat May 15, 2010 7:32 pm

hiddendragon wrote:There would be to many ways to farm with this proposal. Even though it sucks when a partner makes a bad deployment or skips a turn or is simply a complete idiot it is part of the game, deal with it.
Team chat and cooperation or a team that has a good feel for one another is what this proposal seems to be about. My advise is that if someone doesn't like a partner(s) then that player should find new mates.

No. This suggestion is made & supported by some of the most successful team players at the site, with great win% in team games. Players, who are members in top clans. Players, who have no problem whatsoever to find good & reliable team mates.

This suggestion is not at all about fixing any problem with team games. It is about an alternative to the current 1v1 games.

Please at least read a bit, before you post the same things, that have been brought up & discussed a gazillion times already.

Same goes for the farming issue: If this is indeed your opinion, please explain, why. Why is there a huge farming potential in this game option ? Why would it be greater than in other game options, that exist ?
Last edited by ahunda on Sat May 15, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field Marshal ahunda

Medals: 28
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby pmchugh on Sat May 15, 2010 7:34 pm

hiddendragon wrote:There would be to many ways to farm with this proposal. Even though it sucks when a partner makes a bad deployment or skips a turn or is simply a complete idiot it is part of the game, deal with it.

Notice here some of the top team players are 100% in favour of this suggestion. It has nothing to do with poor partners, its about enhancing 1v1, a way for top players to have individual battles without the huge reliance on luck or speed.

Your only argument against it is farming, I fail to see how in any way this would create more farming than freestyle games.

beat me to it ahunda.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10) General Contribution (1)

Postby mattattam on Sat May 15, 2010 11:49 pm

I love 1v1, and to see an expansion on it for 1v1 team games and 1vteam games would be fun and exciting.

All I have to say about arguments against this that talk about this option taking away from team game play is if this game-type is more liked than team game play it only shows how good of an idea it is.
Major mattattam

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby 300spartans on Sun May 16, 2010 12:48 am

no they should not. it should be a whole team vs a whole team or a single person as a team vs the same. they shouldnt be mixed
Sergeant 1st Class 300spartans

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (5)

Postby Mr_Adams on Sun May 16, 2010 1:45 am

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44540

this was suggested 2 years ago...
I am voting Republican now. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth -Monica Lewinski
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby edwinissweet on Sun May 16, 2010 1:58 am

Mr_Adams wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44540

this was suggested 2 years ago...

i like his poll :lol: (we need a chuckling smiley, that one looks to intense)

anyhow, yea, but this is moving along pretty swiftly. Just today we had over 100 people voting. As soon as everyhing is discussed, it will be submitted.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby johnkelly00 on Sun May 16, 2010 11:38 am

I think the idea is amazing. I absolutely detest 1v1 games any more - especially on maps with lots of territs. The first mover has a definite advantage and, unless they are completely skill-less, will win a good percentage of the time.

My alternative suggestion is an option (or maybe just a default setting) that the first mover gets half incoming troops on the first round only. This minimizes the first mover advantage a bit - again particularly in games with lots of territs, this works well.
Captain johnkelly00

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (2)

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun May 16, 2010 12:29 pm

I think alot of the voters have mis-read the poll question.. I did at first, and by some of the responses I am reading, it seems like other people are mis-reading it as well.
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Medals: 100
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Postby mattattam on Sun May 16, 2010 12:52 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:I think alot of the voters have mis-read the poll question.. I did at first, and by some of the responses I am reading, it seems like other people are mis-reading it as well.

I misread it at first as well. It seems like a fourth of the people that have commented don't realize it is 1vteam that we are voting on. I think it should be made more clear by a bold statement in the first post stating at the beginning that this poll is about 1vteam
Major mattattam

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)

Postby Lubawski on Sun May 16, 2010 2:59 pm

If it's 1v1 (and this is simply adding each player having two or three of themselves in games, I see that as an improvement to the 1v1 format that relies too heavily on 1st turn. Points earned would be the same (not three times as much for trips, let's say).

If it's 1v a team, I think that's a horrible idea. Play with yourself like normal people. Join a porn site. This would certainly be a way for the top farmers on the site to continue to do so. They would farm their points three times as fast.
Colonel Lubawski

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)

Postby nippersean on Sun May 16, 2010 3:28 pm

I think it's a fine proposal.

Not voting 'cos 1 vs team can come later (maybe) - one step at a time.

1 v 1 dubs, trips, quads style- love it.

Of course it won't ruin genuine trips games, much like the car never ruined the joy of running. Or the vibrator....never mind.
Colonel nippersean

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (15)

Postby edwinissweet on Sun May 16, 2010 4:05 pm

I see that a few people have commented on it becoming a farmer issue. I think that farmers will take advantage of whatever they can, but the rest of the community shouldnt miss out on something because of it. A team doest have to play you.. its just an option, a variation. Im not good at freestyle, but its there for whenever i want to try.

Also, i think that if you are going to get points from 4 people, that you are putting yourself on the line 4 times. If a farmer were to seek low ranks to play, a game like this could cost him 200-300 points.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby Timminz on Sun May 16, 2010 4:23 pm

I love the 1v1 version of this, but I strongly oppose the 1vteam idea. I just can't see how it would be successful. I personally, would probably never join with a team, against a single person.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Captain Timminz

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby ArgoW on Sun May 16, 2010 4:30 pm

crap hit the yes vote cause i toght whould be like 200 no and 5 yes just to show som pity.... but yes is in the lead... what have i done!!!! LOL hehe na its always fun to try new stuff so whatever happens just trow the dice and move left or right
Sergeant 1st Class ArgoW

Medals: 34
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun May 16, 2010 4:37 pm

Timminz wrote:I love the 1v1 version of this, but I strongly oppose the 1vteam idea. I just can't see how it would be successful. I personally, would probably never join with a team, against a single person.

Agreed here. 1vs1 team games is one of the best new ideas I've seen for a long time! And it is something I'd definitely support. But I wouldn't want to see handicap or 3 way games like that.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby mattattam on Sun May 16, 2010 5:13 pm

edwinissweet wrote:
Also, i think that if you are going to get points from 4 people, that you are putting yourself on the line 4 times. If a farmer were to seek low ranks to play, a game like this could cost him 200-300 points.

That is a really good point. The potential to lose that many points could deter farming. Personally I don't see why people care about farmers.
Major mattattam

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions