[GF] Multiple game creation/ Game Generator

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: *~Multiple game creation~*

Postby jefjef on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:
jefjef wrote:Concise description:
  • Multiple game creation

Specifics:
  • Be able to specify the number of games you wish to create.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
[list]
[*]Instead of making 1 game at a time why not be able to specify how many you wish to create (within limits of course) Say be able to create up to 10 on the same map - same rules without having to enter start a game 10 times to do it. It will make farming a lot quicker for those of us who are lazy :D

I suggested a script for this already and it was rejected by Lackattack. Due to players creating games and deadbeating on purpose was the logic behind the rejection.

Wouldnt those players make a large number of games and deadbeat on purpose, with or without the ability to make many games at once?

There is a 50 waiting game limit. People that want that many can all ready make that many. I just hate having to make em 1 at a time. Every now and then I can make two but thats only rarely.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby wreckead on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 am

jefjef wrote:
wreckead wrote:
jefjef wrote:Concise description:
  • Multiple game creation

Specifics:
  • Be able to specify the number of games you wish to create.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
[list]
[*]Instead of making 1 game at a time why not be able to specify how many you wish to create (within limits of course) Say be able to create up to 10 on the same map - same rules without having to enter start a game 10 times to do it. It will make farming a lot quicker for those of us who are lazy :D

this suggestion has already been made as you know because you posted on it. are you trying to steal the idea ?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=115559&p=2564133#p2564133

wreaked. Your vindictiveness towards me blinds you.

Not that it really matters look at the date I created this thread. Sept 18, 2009.

look at the date of the thread your citing. Apr 24, 2010 :roll:

How about you just support this and stop being what you are...

you think me vindictive lol not at all just misread, my apologies. i do fully support the idea and think also as i said before that we could possibly have a setup save feature because most people set up their games the same every time. so yes your multi's save time and then saved setup will on future setups also avoids them games that you accidentally setup wrong :oops:

btw what am i and how do i stop being that ?
Major wreckead

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:25 am

Personally, I think this idea that someone who creates a lot of games on a particular map is designated as a farmer is just wrong. Some of the more specialized maps have a dedicated following. I have seen several people who I used to play a lot disappear, simply because of that charge.

It matters less now that I am freemium, and can only play a few games anyway. However, if you play a competetive game and cannot stand to lose .. you should not be playing. The problem comes when people pounce on newbies and then, to top it off, are not very nice about it. That does drive people away.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:00 pm

I see that this idea was rejected before and there is a bit of debate here about people just creating lots of games for farming etc. but in all of this there is, I feel, one very valid and important issue... tournament games. Some tournaments, require loads of identical games, which all have to be created one by one in a long and tedious process. A multiple game creation option would be welcomed and embraced by tournament organisers. Now, I might get shot down in flames for being "bias" towards tournament organisers, but I am going to suggest that this feature, if added, is made available only for tournament games. This could be a first way of introducing this idea, and could be "test driven" in this manner. Just a thought.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:02 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:I see that this idea was rejected before and there is a bit of debate here about people just creating lots of games for farming etc. but in all of this there is, I feel, one very valid and important issue... tournament games. Some tournaments, require loads of identical games, which all have to be created one by one in a long and tedious process. A multiple game creation option would be welcomed and embraced by tournament organisers. Now, I might get shot down in flames for being "bias" towards tournament organisers, but I am going to suggest that this feature, if added, is made available only for tournament games. This could be a first way of introducing this idea, and could be "test driven" in this manner. Just a thought.

Cheers, JB ;)

I had the exact same thought, only with tourny games...
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu May 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Merged the topics posted by JefJef and LadyMindKey
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 1:12 am

i dont know if this has already been said but if you have a game ready to be created and you spam click the create button you can get a lot of that game made at once
Brigadier ccatman

Medals: 56
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 07, 2010 2:09 am

ccatman wrote:i dont know if this has already been said but if you have a game ready to be created and you spam click the create button you can get a lot of that game made at once

I know for a fact this does not work on Google Chrome

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 2:16 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
ccatman wrote:i dont know if this has already been said but if you have a game ready to be created and you spam click the create button you can get a lot of that game made at once

it might just work cause my computer takes a while to load thing(or atleast longer than most computers) so it gives me a chance to easily click it
you could always try it again
Brigadier ccatman

Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 07, 2010 2:21 am

ccatman wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

it might just work cause my computer takes a while to load thing(or atleast longer than most computers) so it gives me a chance to easily click it
you could always try it again

Tried it several times on here. Whether it be slow clicks, or SPAM clicking as fast as possible. Neither worked, and my laptop isn't all that fast at loading things either ;)

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 2:25 am

i did it for the first time today i should try doing it again but not tonight its too late
ill do it again tomorrow and tell you what happens

--btw i use firefox i dont think it makes a difference though
Brigadier ccatman

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 2:37 am

i got bored and tested it out again and yes it did work again
Brigadier ccatman

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 07, 2010 2:39 am

I have tried it out on Firefox, and yes it works there.

Not on Google Chrome.

The 2 browsers works differently, and FF allows you to do the multiple click to create many games. But Google Chrome doesn't

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 2:40 am

thats good to hear problem solved
also for anyone else who comes by this thread the amount of games created isnt equal to the amount of times you click the create button some of the clicks dont get registered(for me atleast) just something people mmight wanna know.
Brigadier ccatman

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 07, 2010 2:47 am

Lol problem is, the browser i use is GC :P But i don't really care. I don't tend to Mass create of 1 type of game

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 1:13 pm

well all you have to do is create them on a browser that works for you then switch to your fav browser to actually play
Brigadier ccatman

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri May 07, 2010 3:42 pm

ccatman wrote:well all you have to do is create them on a browser that works for you then switch to your fav browser to actually play

But what about Tournament games? I use the super-fast-click to make multiple casual games, but it doesnt work when creating Tourny games, and that would be a big help for me! ;)

Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 7:09 pm

i've never done a tournament before
Brigadier ccatman

Re: Multiple game creation

Postby army of nobunaga on Fri May 07, 2010 7:22 pm

slowreactor wrote:1: some idiot will make 10000 games at once and crash the server...
2: farming? really?
3: give us all a fair chance for game # 6000000, will ya? :D

you are wrong... this is one of the few "improvements" that are a DUh... no reason for this not to already to have happened.

1: there of course will / would be a cap
2: really
3: who gives a total flying f*ck. is 6000000 a magic number?
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (1)

Postby jefjef on Fri May 07, 2010 7:31 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:
slowreactor wrote:1: some idiot will make 10000 games at once and crash the server...

you are wrong... this is one of the few "improvements" that are a DUh... no reason for this not to already to have happened.

There is a cap. 50 waiting games.

It would be nice to be able to create up to 10 of the same game with just a click of a button.

And those who are trying to twist this to be just for tourneys. Get off your high horses.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby army of nobunaga on Fri May 07, 2010 7:35 pm

jefjef wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:

There is a cap. 50 waiting games.

It would be nice to be able to create up to 10 of the same game with just a click of a button.

And those who are trying to twist this to be just for tourneys. Get off your high horses.

well honestly ... i hope that 50 game bullshit changes too... its another "duh" "improvement"
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (1)

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat May 22, 2010 11:54 pm

I still support this idea..

General Contribution (1)

Game generator

Postby Qwert on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Game generator

Now i dont know its these possibile,but its will be great addition for me in tournament where i can use game generator,who will have funcion to create fast big number of games.
For mine tournament im forced to press create button 6x45 times(270 and this its only for first round),then for second round i need to create another 270 games,and in final round another 132 game( total i need to press create buton for 672 time)

Game generator will help me to arange game settings, and then to put howmany number of games i want to create.
If these possibile,then this will short time spend in creating a games,and many tournament will move much faster.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: Game generator

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Something along the lines has been suggested before, i'll go search for the thread and merge it.

See? Merged

Re: Game generator

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:48 pm

Also, i am going to sticky this

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions