[GP/UI] Double Trouble Spoils-new unique set of cards !!!

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you want to play with these card option?

yes
55%
no
45%

Total votes : 136

Re: Double Trouble Spoils-new unique set of cards !!!

Postby oldrisky44 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:22 am

So let me see if I am following this thread.

On the classic map...

If you have the Astana, Berlin, Mexico City cards, and you have 3 on Astana, but none on Berlin or Mexico City when you cash the set you will get 3 more on Astana (now 6) and no other bonus. So your set value for this cash is 3. But if you had 12 on Astana with the same set of cards you would get 12 more on Astana. So the CARD you own DOUBLES the troops you have on THAT territory?

Is that what you are proposing?
Corporal 1st Class oldrisky44
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (1)

Postby Qwert on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:56 am

Yes these is right example-that why its card name are-DOUBLE TROUBLE SPOIL (ofocurse its name mean trouble for opponents not for you)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby oldrisky44 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:24 am

This would dramatically effect game play. Continent bonuses could become inconsequential and any player with a large suspicious stack will be targeted heavily. On large maps it could really change the game.

I only ever seem to own my card territories in nuclear spoils.
Corporal 1st Class oldrisky44
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (1)

Postby Qwert on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 am

yep, and i belive that people will play these new set of cards.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby theherkman on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 pm

jricart wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:I'm scared of this being really luck based. If you think about it, this could give you more troops in 4 rounds than flat rate ever could - and the reason for not playing flat rate is the luck dependency.

It depends! I dont agree with you. This kind of spoils will have their own strategy!

Yeah, the strategy is a big stack that you fort to whatever card you own so you can double it over and over...
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Qwert on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:41 pm

"Yeah, the strategy is a big stack that you fort to whatever card you own so you can double it over and over..."
its these good or bad?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:01 pm

so, as I understand it, you only receive troops if you own the spoil(s) being cashed. Non-owned region spoils receive nothing; and for owned regions, you receive no deploys but whatever number of troops you have on the region will be doubled.

Interesting.

Yes, it would mean a strategy of moving stacks around because of imminent cashes, but there's nothing wrong with that. In Nuclear spoils, we already have a setting where people are rearranging any stacks because of imminent cashes.

Definitely sounds like a unique option.
Major stahrgazer

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Postby Qwert on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:43 pm

yes, only in nuclear games, you try to move away from teritory where you going to cash, and here you will try to move into these territory to cash double troops.
Non owned ,you dont get nothing, but because giving to all territory increased value,i belive that in these card option,people will not anymore attack random territory for cards, now will try to take any territory,who can bring hem double troops cash.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Double Trouble Spoils-new unique set of cards !!![poll]

Postby Qwert on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:17 am

i add poll
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:55 pm

I would've added a few exclamation marks to "yes" but it works.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby Qwert on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:25 pm

exclamation marks? what its that?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:45 pm

Exclamation marks = !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby Qwert on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 pm

need more voters and oppinions
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:57 am

i just voted qwert, sorry it took me so long

unfortunately this will just fade away like my ones seem to have :(

it is a pity these were not stickied so all can see and vote 'yes' ;)
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Qwert on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:26 am

"by greenoaks on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:57 am

unfortunately this will just fade away like my ones seem to have

it is a pity these were not stickied so all can see and vote 'yes' "
well these definitly will bring more attention,but its look that these is not so importan for MOds to stikied?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:28 am

qwert wrote:"by greenoaks on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:57 am

unfortunately this will just fade away like my ones seem to have

it is a pity these were not stickied so all can see and vote 'yes' "
well these definitly will bring more attention,but its look that these is not so importan for MOds to stikied?

We can't exactly go around stickying every topic that comes by. Then people will probably just fill all the suggestion mods inbox's with PM's to sticky their suggestion, and this place will just turn into mass chaos.

Plus, you don't even have majority supporting the suggestion.
Sergeant TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Qwert on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:03 am

lets go people, give these card option support :)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby MarshalNey on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:38 am

stahrgazer wrote:so, as I understand it, you only receive troops if you own the spoil(s) being cashed. Non-owned region spoils receive nothing; and for owned regions, you receive no deploys but whatever number of troops you have on the region will be doubled.

Interesting.

Yes, it would mean a strategy of moving stacks around because of imminent cashes, but there's nothing wrong with that. In Nuclear spoils, we already have a setting where people are rearranging any stacks because of imminent cashes.

Definitely sounds like a unique option.

Stahrgazer has it exactly right, Double Trouble is essentially the "anti-Nuclear" type of spoil. I *love* Nukes because they focus on territory rather than random color-collecting. Territory-based spoils are something that plans can be made around. More strategic, less luck-based than Escalating or Flat Rate.

I fully support this idea.
Captain MarshalNey

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby Qwert on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:24 am

thanks for support, yes its like nuclear,but instead to lost,you will get double armies on that territory what you card posses- In nuclear you try to remove your troops out,here will strategy be to regroup all yours troops on that territory,and if you dont have these territory, you will try to save cards and try to secure these territory who will give you more troops. New and unique card settings, like you say,its will be based on strategy. In flat rate, who first cash,they get advantage, and here these can not be advantage,because its all depend on territory what you hold. These will be even more interesting if you play with fog,because you can not see what your opponent get after using of cards.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:13 pm

For some reason, I thought this spoils option was something completely different. I fully support this now. Like MarshalNey said, focusing on the territory is a lot cooler than random colors and cashes.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Qwert on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:51 am

thanks for support victor :)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:44 am

more votes need
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:31 pm

The poll is closed...
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Qwert on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:40 pm

what?? i dont put any limitation to poll, are you sure?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:57 am

qwert wrote:what?? i dont put any limitation to poll, are you sure?

Wait, nevermind, I just got confused... My bad, sorry.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Next

Return to Submitted Suggestions