[Forum] Usergroup Leader Powers

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Usergroup Leader Powers

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:41 pm

blakebowling wrote:Just thought I'd add that at the time Andy posted that, it was true. Now, being on a completely re-designed version of phpBB, this could be done, with significant code modification.

Also, the ability of clan leaders to modify subforums and such, should be in a future version of my mod, however the most important part is the new Clan Management console (a better version of the group management in the UCP, and the ability for clan leaders to moderate clan forums without seeing information they don't need to see).

Great! I'm glad this is getting closer to being done, truly one of the most useful things for clans possible right now.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

multiple forums inside of a forum

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:38 pm

well for the clans what i am suggesting is to make ti so that you can have a forum inside of the forum or multiple forums inside ofthe thread.

what I am saying is this clan x has thread named clan wars or something like that

inside that they can make new threads with posts of all thier clan wars.
i think it would be called sub forums or something like that like you guys do with the C&A it allows you to have 2 forums inside of the C&A forum.. not sure if that makes since

This will help the site as it will help clans to be able to keep the forums more organized and they wont have 99999999 threads about 1 thing and can never find anything.
Cook basic_man2010_20

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: multiple forums inside of a forum

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:49 pm

What you are asking for is Sub-forums. blakebowling already has this on his to-do list.

Merged
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:11 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:What you are asking for is Sub-forums. blakebowling already has this on his to-do list.

Merged

Merged? These were different suggestions.

that said, giving leaders regular mod powers would be great. If the programming issues are fixed, hope to see it implemented
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:17 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:What you are asking for is Sub-forums. blakebowling already has this on his to-do list.

Merged

Merged? These were different suggestions.

that said, giving leaders regular mod powers would be great. If the programming issues are fixed, hope to see it implemented

Making Sub-forums was apart of the original suggestion, and blake already said he will be including that power when he gets around to doing this forum mod.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 pm

okay i guess i should ahve checked for that before i psotedf for it
Cook basic_man2010_20

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby notyou2 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Can the clan leaders get some sort of vapourizing laser powers?

Something that would work like nuclear spoils so they would have better control over the more independent clan members?

This would be awesome and would work to keep clan members quiet and stay inline. I expect there would be far less controversy on this site and better behaved minions.
Captain notyou2

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

notyou2 wrote:Can the clan leaders get some sort of vapourizing laser powers?

Something that would work like nuclear spoils so they would have better control over the more independent clan members?

This would be awesome and would work to keep clan members quiet and stay inline. I expect there would be far less controversy on this site and better behaved minions.

Clan leaders temporarily banning people from their subforum? I don't think so, lol. That could be abused soooo much.

-rd
Retired Administrator

Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:

Clan leaders temporarily banning people from their subforum? I don't think so, lol. That could be abused soooo much.

-rd

Ban's don't work like that. Just kick them out of the group, and put them back later.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby notyou2 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:41 pm

blakebowling wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:

-rd

Ban's don't work like that. Just kick them out of the group, and put them back later.

No, not booting powers....vapourizing powers that shoot out of the eyes like lazers.
Captain notyou2

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:31 am

One other addition, (don't think it needs a whole new thread, though) is to allow some groups, specifically discussion groups, to have more than 3 moderators. I understand that it might be unweildy for many groups to have that many, but there are exceptions.

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby blakebowling on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:19 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:One other addition, (don't think it needs a whole new thread, though) is to allow some groups, specifically discussion groups, to have more than 3 moderators. I understand that it might be unweildy for many groups to have that many, but there are exceptions.

Groups can have an unlimited number of leaders, well, that is to say, it is not limited by the forum software. I believe it will be much easier to allow groups to have more leaders, as the group owner would be able to add/edit leaders automatically in the Clan Control Panel.
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:15 pm

blakebowling wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:One other addition, (don't think it needs a whole new thread, though) is to allow some groups, specifically discussion groups, to have more than 3 moderators. I understand that it might be unweildy for many groups to have that many, but there are exceptions.

Groups can have an unlimited number of leaders, well, that is to say, it is not limited by the forum software. I believe it will be much easier to allow groups to have more leaders, as the group owner would be able to add/edit leaders automatically in the Clan Control Panel.

Clans are only allowed 4 leaders.

Training Achievement (1)

Postby blakebowling on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:58 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

Clans are only allowed 4 leaders.

My point was, this rule is put in place by the admins. And it is not limited by the forum software.
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Should this be moved to submitted if it's being worked on? :-k

-rd
Retired Administrator

Postby blakebowling on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:10 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Should this be moved to submitted if it's being worked on? :-k

-rd

I've left it here so if anyone wishes to add their suggestions to it they can feel free. Since it isn't under direct development by the site, I can add/change some features at any time.
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 pm

blakebowling wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:Should this be moved to submitted if it's being worked on? :-k

-rd

I've left it here so if anyone wishes to add their suggestions to it they can feel free. Since it isn't under direct development by the site, I can add/change some features at any time.

That's reasonable :)

-rd
Retired Administrator

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:30 pm

*anxiously awaits this suggestion's implementation* :P
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:04 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:*anxiously awaits this suggestion's implementation* :P

hear hear
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:10 am

SirSebstar wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:*anxiously awaits this suggestion's implementation* :P

hear hear

Hear what??
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:28 am

i too wait anxiously to have this implemented
Major SirSebstar

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:19 pm

SirSebstar wrote:i too wait anxiously to have this implemented

Oh. :( I mean, :) 8-[
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:40 pm

ah, maybe the addition, hear hear is the english parlements equivalent of approval, when they do not have the floor...
Major SirSebstar

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 am

If you want to do that you could start your own site where YOU have ALL the power!!!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:54 am

Funkyterrance wrote:If you want to do that you could start your own site where YOU have ALL the power!!!

could you please stop trolling?
I have now seen a few 'contributions' and frankly they make no sense whatsoever
EDIT: It seems this was meant to denote sarcasm, intended to ellicit further reactions, but apparently not intended to troll. I stand corrected!
Last edited by SirSebstar on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major SirSebstar

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions