- Allow users the option to stay logged in across browser sessions.
- If across sessions is unacceptable, at least allow users to stay logged in during the same session.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- Users will spend less time logging in and getting annoyed at having to log in.
- Users will not have to rely on a third-party script (Greasemonkey) or feature (Firefox save login information) to stay logged in.
- Users will not have to login multiple times during the same browser session.
There have been numerous requests for this feature, dating back to 2006. No one has produced a good reason why it shouldn't be implemented, and it has also been said to be considered for future implementation.
I consider 2010 the future. Please, implement this. It's unbelievably annoying to have to log in multiple times during the same browser session. I occasionally check my games at work throughout the day, and inevitably I have to log in each time I check (even though it's the same browser window that's been open all day). That's dumb imho.
I've read the arguments for using Greasemonkey and Firefox's ability to save login information. First, I don't want to install Greasemonkey just to fill in my information. Second, I check CC from multiple locations, some of which have GM and some of which don't. Along the same lines, I have Firefox setup to save login information at some locations and not at others. Being able to stay logged in at CC shouldn't be based on anything other than CC as far as I'm concerned.
It's an easy fix. Can we please see it implemented, finally?