[Login] Allow me to Stay Logged In

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby maniacmath17 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:19 pm

It would still be nice to give players the option. When logging into my yahoo account, they have a check box asking if I would like to remain signed in for 2 weeks. I always have that box checked since I'm the only one that uses this computer and it saves me the trouble of signing in everytime.

Now i don't know anything about whether or not this would increase a server resources demand as andrew said, so if that is the case then don't bother.
show: Top Secret

2006-10-25 21:16:00 - NUKE: wtf it says dminus got 2 troops for holding oceania what is that lol
Major maniacmath17

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:44 am

i think its every hour its signed out.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Nous-irons on Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:08 pm

Whaaa?

I don't see how it increases server resources.

I'm just asking for the cookie or whatever to last longer, and not expire sooner.

Besides, gmail keeps me logged in for 2 weeks. I don't see why CC has to be so special. Security to me isn't an issue. It's just annoying, because I want to jump directly to my games, and I multitask a lot, meaning I like to click on one thing, then jump to another ... I'd rather not jump back to a screen anticipating looking at a map only to look at a login screen.

And for some reason, CC's login process is very laggy. Why is this? It seems to take much longer than many other sites, which just rubs salt in the wound.

The point is not about logging off the computer, but the fact that you may be writing (perhaps using google docs) or working on assignments, or doing other extended activities with your browser.

I mean, if I really wanted to I could find some way to get the cookie to last 999 years. There's really no good reason for keeping the session so short. Not even hotmail or yahoo lasts that short.
Sergeant Nous-irons

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:22 pm

It looks like the session length is set to 3600 seconds...or 1 hour.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby Keredrex on Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:00 pm

maniacmath17 wrote:.........When logging into my yahoo account, they have a check box asking if I would like to remain signed in for 2 weeks. .....

That is not a good option one server demands as others have said, and two - unless i am mistaken always being logged on to yahoo can allow more problems with viruses, phishing programs or other people accessing your account... I personally don't trust the security yahoo says it has.... and i don't thin the club needs to addd that to there worries when logging off as they do now works fine.
Lieutenant Keredrex

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:36 pm

I just did a test run of 150 log-in sequences because I am that bored at the moment waiting for my wife to get home this evening.

Here are my times for opening my browser, clicking on my bookmark, and entering my username and password.

Average Time: 4.12 seconds
Quickest Time: 3.33 seconds
Longest Time: 4.88 seconds

Sooooo.....yeah, my vote is that logging in takes very little time and you should just get over wanting the site to cater to your lazy habits....
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby treefiddy on Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:37 pm

With all this security talk, I demand https://www.conquerclub.com/
Sergeant 1st Class treefiddy

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:39 pm

treefiddy wrote:With all this security talk, I demand https://www.conquerclub.com/

Wow, that certainly took a long time to get to. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:56 pm

treefiddy wrote:With all this security talk, I demand https://www.conquerclub.com/

Shit it says i have to install stuf, what do i do? :(
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby Nous-irons on Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:44 pm

Keredrex wrote:
maniacmath17 wrote:.........When logging into my yahoo account, they have a check box asking if I would like to remain signed in for 2 weeks. .....

That is not a good option one server demands as others have said, and two - unless i am mistaken always being logged on to yahoo can allow more problems with viruses, phishing programs or other people accessing your account... I personally don't trust the security yahoo says it has.... and i don't thin the club needs to addd that to there worries when logging off as they do now works fine.

99% of the other sites in the world requiring login (e.g. Wikipedia, gmail, as well as various other brands of forum software) aren't so annoying with logins.

Phishing and viruses are a mostly a matter of social engineering. (And if you use Linux, viruses aren't an issue -- if they were an issue to start with.)

The point is about being streamline -- I like to go from one site to another without constantly having to enter log in information, especially when I need to quickly skip to a thread.

You go a page, find you need to log in, and after you log in, it takes you back to the homepage rather than the page you were on! This is trivial the first few times but after the umpteenth time it becomes rather annoying.

Besides I think server activity would increase with the extra login activity, not decrease.
Sergeant Nous-irons

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)

Postby Keredrex on Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:12 pm

Nous-irons wrote:....The point is about being streamline -- ....

yeah I would agree ... i usually use Mac's so viruses aren't a problem for me either... however... how much of the country.... or world for that matter... are still on DIAL-UP ... that alone tells you that the site needs to be catered to the world not the users who actually have impressive systems or massive "KNOW HOW" with computers.... just like how the maps have such limiting sizes.... when they could easily be massive high rez boards that take the most of a 17" screen.....again the masses don't have these capabilities.

I would love more streamlining but the club needs to be careful NOT to STREAMLINE out a bunch of users... or for that matter fix something that isn't really broken like Logging in...there are more important fixes or improvements that should come first

...also you could easily get a program like web desktop (for MAC) that has an auto refresh.... which if i remember correctly will keep you logged in.
Lieutenant Keredrex

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby treefiddy on Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:23 pm

wouldn't eliminating the need to login every time you visit actually help Dial-up users? That's one less page to load up on every visit.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby Keredrex on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:39 am

treefiddy wrote:wouldn't eliminating the need to login every time you visit actually help Dial-up users? That's one less page to load up on every visit.

I was merely pointing out that most users are behind Technologically....and any updates here have to serve everybody
Lieutenant Keredrex

Postby treefiddy on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:56 am

Allowing people the option to automatically log them in via a cookie isn't shutting anyone out from playing the game.

what happened?

Postby DIVONICH on Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi all! There is a problem : in the last few days I take my friend's turn (then flag changes on my country flag). He asked me to do this because he is away from access to the internet(sudden business trip). Its easy to find his e-mail because vrpp posted in own profile in particular ICQ. And I should like to add that absolutely each person can RESET PASSWORD - as this accepted on some sites like this. You need for E-MAIL . Just it 8)

P S I am not good in English. So be it Excuse me please. I am waiting opening russian forum :wink:

invalid login . 2 HOURS PASSED ... little time to dead-line
Last edited by DIVONICH on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain DIVONICH

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby murrow on Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:49 pm

i don't get it either.

i play chess at timeforchess.com and there they have a 'keep me logged in' option which works FOREVER - and i've never noticed any burglars.
Lieutenant murrow

Postby DIVONICH on Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:02 pm

So what you say for this. I am login 12 hours ago . And since flag did not change on RUSSIA. I live in Belarus. He is in Uliyanovsk now. :shock:
Captain DIVONICH

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Keep Logged In

Postby scienceguy288 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:56 pm

How about installing a keep me logged in feature when you sign in, like in e-mails.
Corporal 1st Class scienceguy288

Postby bellaraphon on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:39 pm

yeh i was thinking that or a "remember me" option when you sign in instead of having to re-type your username and password
unriggable wrote:
Neoteny wrote:How big is the perfect penis?

Let's just say that the tower of Babel is a mistranslation.
Cadet bellaraphon

Postby Wild_Tiger on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:44 pm

many browsers ask if you want to remember the password ;)
just don't clean ur cookies
I got beaten by 2 privates and all I got was this lousy feedback!
General Wild_Tiger

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:34 am

this has been suggested millions of times :roll:

i dont know why they never do it, though...
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:36 am

what if an evil man comes in and you're logged in then he posts a bunch of spam and you get banned? thats why they have it :)

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Automatic Login/Remember Me

Postby xeno on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:23 am

I believe a "remember me for two weeks" box should be added when we sign in so that we don't have to keep signing in. This is one of the few sites that still do not have one.
Cadet xeno

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Remember Me

Postby LB Ninja on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:52 am

yeah this is a good idea.... but if you get firefox you can have your internet remember you and when you bring up the site your username and password are already put in for you.... i just recently got firefox and have enjoyed it a lot.... =D>
Colonel LB Ninja

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Remember Me

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:50 am

Firefox is your friend. Get to know him.

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions