[Rules] Allow permabanned members to appeal

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Should members be able to appeal perma/6 month bans?

Yes
88
73%
No
25
21%
Idunno lol
8
7%
 
Total votes : 121

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:24 am

chapcrap wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Alright, now that we got jgordon out of the way, anyone else wanna discuss their disagreement?

chapcrap wrote:I don't have a problem with some kind of appeals process. The only thing that I think is: isn't that what e-tickets are for? If the people want back in, can't they just file an e-ticket?

Umm, this.

I still got no answer. Can't they just appeal using an e-ticket? If so, I don't see what we're trying to accomplish. They can already appeal. If not, then I don't have a problem with people appealing.


Now, I didn't read the rules entirely (just a skim), but I saw nothing about appealing bans on there. Like Mets said, this'll require mods to actually look at their case. Also, we could actually post something like this on the rules so that people know there's the possibility to appeal their bans, which I think no one knows it exists now (assuming it does exist now).
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5101
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby natty dread on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:39 pm

Evil Semp wrote:The perma banned members should be happy we don't have the death penalty. Try appealing that.


Joking or not, it seems this is really indicative of the general attitude of Team CC these days.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13253
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby Evil Semp on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:46 am

natty_dread wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:The perma banned members should be happy we don't have the death penalty. Try appealing that.


Joking or not, it seems this is really indicative of the general attitude of Team CC these days.


Or is it indicative of your attitude toward Team CC these days? Or is it more towards me?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 7038
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:50 pm
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (11)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby eddie2 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 am

appealing of bans wont work because of the flaw in the c and a rules about banned members. on appeal a new hunter should review the case. If king a issues a punishment (which if a long period he does do this.) he then deals with the appeal as well.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3812
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby natty dread on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:15 am

Evil Semp wrote:
natty_dread wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:The perma banned members should be happy we don't have the death penalty. Try appealing that.


Joking or not, it seems this is really indicative of the general attitude of Team CC these days.


Or is it indicative of your attitude toward Team CC these days? Or is it more towards me?


Everything isn't always about you. Maybe it's time to have a look around and think... it's often good to do some self-reflection, no one is perfect and so on...
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13253
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:07 am

natty_dread wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:
natty_dread wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:The perma banned members should be happy we don't have the death penalty. Try appealing that.


Joking or not, it seems this is really indicative of the general attitude of Team CC these days.


Or is it indicative of your attitude toward Team CC these days? Or is it more towards me?


Everything isn't always about you. Maybe it's time to have a look around and think... it's often good to do some self-reflection, no one is perfect and so on...


I will quote you and just make a small change.

Funny how all you do on the forums is complain about evil semp... I'm sorry if you have a long distance boner for him, but it's no reason to overcompensate so blatantly...
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 7038
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:50 pm
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (11)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby jeraado on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:40 am

natty_dread wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:The perma banned members should be happy we don't have the death penalty. Try appealing that.


Joking or not, it seems this is really indicative of the general attitude of Team CC these days.


That seems harsh, not to mention axiomatically fallacious. If team CC hadn't softened the maximum penalty then surely this suggestion wouldn't exist?
Image
Lieutenant jeraado
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 am
Location: Wellington, NZ
Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (12)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby natty dread on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:46 am

Evil Semp wrote:
natty_dread wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:
natty_dread wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:The perma banned members should be happy we don't have the death penalty. Try appealing that.


Joking or not, it seems this is really indicative of the general attitude of Team CC these days.


Or is it indicative of your attitude toward Team CC these days? Or is it more towards me?


Everything isn't always about you. Maybe it's time to have a look around and think... it's often good to do some self-reflection, no one is perfect and so on...


I will quote you and just make a small change.

Funny how all you do on the forums is complain about evil semp... I'm sorry if you have a long distance boner for him, but it's no reason to overcompensate so blatantly...


Why do you get so defensive? I'm only trying to help.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13253
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby Gillipig on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:04 am

Army of GOD wrote:Concise description:
  • Let members who were banned permanently and/or for six months have a chance to appeal their bans through an e-ticket

Specifics/Details:
  • It is unfair that the max banishment has been reduced to 3 months, therefore users who have been banned permanently or for six months before the max ban was reduced should have the opportunity to appeal. If Team CC doesn't think their ban should be reduced or lifted, then no action is required. But at least allow the opportunity for an appeal.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This is a user-active suggestion. Team CC doesn't have to go through EVERY SINGLE case. Only the cases that are being appealed through e-tickets
  • Greatly better CC/member relations

I have a counter suggestion. Reintroduce the perma ban and clean up the forum a bit. I can think of one or two who would deserve it.
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3037
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby notyou2 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Listen, is that the sound of hobnailed boots kicking in your door?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 2327
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Concise description:
  • Let members who were banned permanently and/or for six months have a chance to appeal their bans through an e-ticket

Specifics/Details:
  • It is unfair that the max banishment has been reduced to 3 months, therefore users who have been banned permanently or for six months before the max ban was reduced should have the opportunity to appeal. If Team CC doesn't think their ban should be reduced or lifted, then no action is required. But at least allow the opportunity for an appeal.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This is a user-active suggestion. Team CC doesn't have to go through EVERY SINGLE case. Only the cases that are being appealed through e-tickets
  • Greatly better CC/member relations

I have a counter suggestion. Reintroduce the perma ban and clean up the forum a bit. I can think of one or two who would deserve it.


Gillipig and...derp?
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5101
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I have a counter suggestion. Reintroduce the perma ban and clean up the forum a bit. I can think of one or two who would deserve it.

"Did he mean me?"

No my son you need not worry. You're simply not that annoying.
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3037
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:35 am

How about something as simple as a petition? If enough members of the community sign up for a player to be reinstated, then their case should be reconsidered as perhaps not being as detrimental to the community as previously thought?

Pretty easy to implement, no?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:12 am

Symmetry wrote:How about something as simple as a petition? If enough members of the community sign up for a player to be reinstated, then their case should be reconsidered as perhaps not being as detrimental to the community as previously thought?

Pretty easy to implement, no?


Define community.
1] The CC community-all members of CC.
2] The active CC community-those that are active on the scoreboard.
3] The forum community-Only those that post in the forums.
4] The vocal community-the posters who have X number of posts.

Where do you draw the line on how many members have to sign the petition?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 7038
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:50 pm
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (11)

Re: Allow permabanned/6 month ban members to appeal

Postby Gillipig on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Symmetry wrote:How about something as simple as a petition? If enough members of the community sign up for a player to be reinstated, then their case should be reconsidered as perhaps not being as detrimental to the community as previously thought?

Pretty easy to implement, no?


Define community.
1] The CC community-all members of CC.
2] The active CC community-those that are active on the scoreboard.
3] The forum community-Only those that post in the forums.
4] The vocal community-the posters who have X number of posts.

Where do you draw the line on how many members have to sign the petition?

Maybe a poll would be better? Create a thread in general discussion and ask people if they think a certain person should be given a chance to come back. If a clear majority says yes then he/she gets a second chance. If not he/she stays permabanned for life and the discussion is over, the community has spoken. Sounds fair?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3037
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login