[MED] Special Clan member contribution achievement award.

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:52 am

It would be nice if said team members would contribute their input to this.
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
Head Thinker
Head Thinker
 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (5)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:56 am

I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge stipulations applied to the awarding of it.
User avatar
Major Bones2484
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA (G1)
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby jefjef on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:04 pm

eddie2 wrote:well would it not be better pushing for the special award chemefreak was talking about earlier. you are talking about 1 award per year for your most valid player. chemefreak and clan mods are at present discussing 1 award per winning clan for most valid player so in real theory what this sug is doing is changing what clan mods are already discussing . AKA as a clan at present have a few valuble players who do extra work for the clan.

aka members are as follows.
far2ezee= has created a off site database for clan info and keeps it up to date.
razorvich+ dorsettrob+far2ezee= helped loads during my recient 1 month forum ban
wille e cyote= runs all our training games.
enormantitz wilkinc aligator_al studster9143 proberly 4 of the clans strongest players who are always checking games and making sure the clan comunicate in game.

now we look at the 2 things being discussed.
jefjefs sug
to award all these players a medal it would take 8 years.
clan mods ideas.
this would take 8 war wins which is about correct.

think of it if you are playing loads of wars but never winning you cant really say you have a player worthy of a special award for contribution. because if you not winning there not doing it correct. I am still for this sug but think it would be better putting it together with what clan mods are all ready discussing.


Entirely different.

These are unrelated. The MVP award you are speaking of is something CC is considering for war win contribution.

What this suggestion is something for us clan leaders to award to a member that contributes above and beyond to the success of the clan. Whats so hard to understand.

and eddie - check your math. You list 4 names. That would be 4 years.

This sugg has overwhelming support. There are only a couple that are trying to dismiss it and likely for personal reasons...

If you all need I can get plenty of more posters stopping by voicing their support.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5958
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby chemefreak on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:It would be nice if said team members would contribute their input to this.


Contributed. ;)
:twisted: ChemE :twisted: Praetor
Image
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
User avatar
Lieutenant chemefreak
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 3273
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Columbus (Franklin Park), Ohio
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (6)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby jefjef on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Bones2484 wrote:I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge stipulations applied to the awarding of it.


The reason for the suggested requirement of 4 wars or it's equivalent is to make sure it is an active clan and the award recipient is also active.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5958
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:50 pm

jefjef wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge stipulations applied to the awarding of it.


The reason for the suggested requirement of 4 wars or it's equivalent is to make sure it is an active clan and the award recipient is also active.


Ok, that makes sense. I apologize if I missed it somewhere (long thread), but I assume things like participating in leagues and special challenges would qualify as well?

I guess I would amend my statement to read: I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge wins stipulations applied to the awarding of it.
User avatar
Major Bones2484
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA (G1)
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby eddie2 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:54 pm

jefjef wrote:
Entirely different.

These are unrelated. The MVP award you are speaking of is something CC is considering for war win contribution.


they are mvp awards what i am saying is merge the 2 of them because they are quiet similar and there is more chance of it getting passed if the 2 were merged to make 1 award with set boundarys.

jefjef wrote:What this suggestion is something for us clan leaders to award to a member that contributes above and beyond to the success of the clan. Whats so hard to understand.


for the last time i am not going against this sug.

jefjef wrote:and eddie - check your math. You list 4 names. That would be 4 years.


lol i typed the names maybe reread it there are more than 4.

jefjef wrote:This sugg has overwhelming support. There are only a couple that are trying to dismiss it and likely for personal reasons...

i am not against it. but the problem i am seeing is that admin won't allow this one and the one clan mods are discussing. i think you hate towards certain members is preventing you from taking whats being said validly (example metsfan asking somthing simple and you going into attack him.)

So like i said have private chat with chemefrank and maybe merge what they are talking about into one big sug.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3812
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby jefjef on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:19 pm

they are mvp awards what i am saying is merge the 2 of them because they are quiet similar and there is more chance of it getting passed if the 2 were merged to make 1 award with set boundarys.


The MVP award that the CD's are looking at is for war performance.

far2eze, To use one of your players as an example, contributes greatly to your clan and may never qualify for an MVP award. Would you not be interested in giving him special recognition for his contributions? I can't imagine why you or anyone wouldn't.

There is a great chance to get this discretionary, non MVP game performance, award passed.

Sorry but 2 people trying to kill this, for whatever reason, is no where close to being just or within the wishes of the clan community. chemefreak, who is a CD, is also in here supporting this non MVP related award.

Bones2484 wrote:
jefjef wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge stipulations applied to the awarding of it.


The reason for the suggested requirement of 4 wars or it's equivalent is to make sure it is an active clan and the award recipient is also active.


Ok, that makes sense. I apologize if I missed it somewhere (long thread), but I assume things like participating in leagues and special challenges would qualify as well?

I guess I would amend my statement to read: I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge wins stipulations applied to the awarding of it.


Wins are not required. Only active clan activities.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5958
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby chapcrap on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:15 pm

eddie2 wrote:i am not against it. but the problem i am seeing is that admin won't allow this one and the one clan mods are discussing. i think you hate towards certain members is preventing you from taking whats being said validly (example metsfan asking somthing simple and you going into attack him.)

I have no hate toward anyone and I think you are wrong. These are 2 separate suggestions for 2 separate things.

You say that you're trying to merge them, but you really aren't. You're just trying to get rid of this one. In what way are you merging? I understand wanting more medals for your clan. But with these being 2 separate ideas, both can be passed. Having jefjef's suggestion, doesn't hinder the CD's MVP idea. It can still go through, even if jefjef's doesn't. There is no reason to "merge." It isn't helpful.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby eddie2 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:56 pm

chapchap think a min about all of this.

jefjef wants to award a medal once a year to the clans most valuble player. but can you actually say a clan with no war wins has a player worthy of a medal. so say

clan a

plays 4 wars during the year all 40 game wars. so there is 160 games. clan a loses 110 games with no war wins. the 1 year passes so clan mods contact clan a's leader for there clans mvp. who does he nominate
the person who runs the training games (they are not winning the games)
the person who researches into the the other clan. (cant be doing this properly)
the person running off site database of games.(can't really be holding acurate database.

but you can still award 1 medal to one of them. but clan mods can refuse it because where is the proof that anything is actually being done by the individual player.


where as you have clan mods idea.

clan b
play 4 wars all 40 game wars win 110 games also winning 3 wars. mods contact after every win asking for mvp. so who do you nominate
the person who runs the training games (they are winning the games)
the person who researches into the the other clan. (they are doing this properly)
the person running off site database of games.(do have a accurate database
the person who wins all there games.

now because you won 3 wars it shows the nominations are doing there job properly. so in that 1 year time period 3 players that are actually doing hard work for the clan get rewarded.(because you can see the results/improvements in the wars) rather than a medal going to a clan that are not improving and not winning anything.

this is what i am meaning chapchap take what jefjef wants to award to a set player for and add it to the idea of the winning clan getting a award for mvp player. it would work a lot better because then clan mods can actually see the clan is progressing admin can see the extra medals are not being handed out for nothing.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3812
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby chapcrap on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:13 pm

eddie, if Clan A doesn't deserve a medal, then that's fine. If you don't like jefjef's idea, then that's fine, but you still haven't given a reason to merge them.

And it sounds like you think the CDs are going to give out a War MVP for things like training games. I don't think that is the case. I think that will be based on wins and play within the war alone. cheme, can you comment on the scope of your plan?

CD idea is to give a medal per war based on war play.

jefjef's idea is to give medal per year based on clan work, wins are not a factor. I think that in your scenario where the clan sucks, that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of work that goes into the clan. New clans may not win a lot, but that happens with new partners and players who are learning team games. That doesn't mean a lot of important work isn't done.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby jefjef on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:15 pm

eddie.

chemefreak wrote:Soon we will be issuing MVP awards for clan wars. I believe that this is starting for any clan war that began after July 1, 2011. We are still nailing down the exact "science" of the award, but to be honest, it is pretty easy to see who the MVP for each clan was once you review the numbers.



A: You are misrepresenting things. The CD's are not looking for leader input in re of this. The war MVP award is solely performance based.

B. Even if a clan has zero war wins it still takes work some behind the scenes work to run the clan and actively fight wars.

as for:
the person who runs the training games (they are not winning the games)
the person who researches into the the other clan. (cant be doing this properly)
the person running off site database of games.(can't really be holding acurate database.


These are some of the reasons, win or lose, for this award. For you, as a leader, to thank someone for their extra effort...

Now please stop mucking up this sugg. You've had your say.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5958
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby jgordon1111 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:51 pm

My minister of war would most likely be the one to get this medal if it passes,for the sole reason that he is the one who sets up our clan war games from A-Z, he puts in more time for the clan than anyone else. In our clan it's a majority vote on all things. and the clan would most likely be 100% yes on him getting it. That is an award for clan work,not winning wars.So if you would please quit trying to confuse the issue or twisting it around to something else,the MAJORITY of us would really appreciate it.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant jgordon1111
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:58 pm
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby tkr4lf on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:25 am

eddie2 wrote:well would it not be better pushing for the special award chemefreak was talking about earlier. you are talking about 1 award per year for your most valid player. chemefreak and clan mods are at present discussing 1 award per winning clan for most valid player so in real theory what this sug is doing is changing what clan mods are already discussing . AKA as a clan at present have a few valuble players who do extra work for the clan.

aka members are as follows.
far2ezee= has created a off site database for clan info and keeps it up to date.
razorvich+ dorsettrob+far2ezee= helped loads during my recient 1 month forum ban
wille e cyote= runs all our training games.
enormantitz wilkinc aligator_al studster9143 proberly 4 of the clans strongest players who are always checking games and making sure the clan comunicate in game.

now we look at the 2 things being discussed.
jefjefs sug
to award all these players a medal it would take 8 years.
clan mods ideas.
this would take 8 war wins which is about correct.

think of it if you are playing loads of wars but never winning you cant really say you have a player worthy of a special award for contribution. because if you not winning there not doing it correct. I am still for this sug but think it would be better putting it together with what clan mods are all ready discussing.

You're clearly not getting the point.

Jefjef's sugg is for NON-CLANWAR WINS contributions. Stuff like what you described above. The medal being discussed by the clan leaders is for MVP of a clanwar. Meaning the person who played best in the war. I'm not sure if it's just one person, or one person from each team, but it has nothing to do with this suggestion. They are two completely different things, and this particular sugg has a great value all it's own.

Please, just stop. You clearly don't get it and you probably wont.
User avatar
Major tkr4lf
 
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:35 am
Location: Austin, TX
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby greenoaks on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:53 am

it is not necessary for the recipient of this medal to actually play any war games all year.

there are 3 types of awards.

1. Game Achievements such as Freestyle or Speed

2. Community Achievements such as Tournament Achievement (wins) and Clan Achievement (war wins)

3. Community Contributions such as Tournament Contribution (hosting) and General Contributions to various sections of this site (i have one for "Contributed significantly to the discussions in the Suggestions Forum")

this award would be similar to my General Contribution award, perhaps called Clan Contribution and sit in the 3rd group
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Submitted Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Login