Conquer Club

[GO] Random Team Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby AlexTheGreat2 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:12 am

Why do you guys think this is for seasoned doubles teams? The whole point is that they would not use this game type. It's for people who don't have a regular partner.
Corporal 1st Class AlexTheGreat2

Postby WidowMakers on Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:50 am

When I did not have a regualt double or triples partner I did not just randomly pick someone. I talked to players from singles matches and asked them (or they asked me) if I wanted to partner. I can see lots of negative feedback from this option.
Major WidowMakers

Postby joystickgenie on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:26 pm

Honestly with this option I might play doubles. At the moment I stay away from them for fear of being pitted up against a team of seasoned doubles players and me getting stuck with a deadbeat or just someone who doesnā€™t want to do anything to help each other and plays it as if he were solo (happened in every doubles game I played so far).

Shinobi Nations
Comments are greatly appreciated.
Cadet joystickgenie

Postby Thimble on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:34 pm

i currently mostly avoid team games. i would start playing them if there was a random seed option!

some of these teams look like one person with multiple accounts...
Sergeant Thimble

Postby dolemite on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:23 pm

I think this is a really good idea. As a new player it seems like all the team games I join are against two really good players and I am always teamed up with another newbie.

It's hard to beat two seasoned vets with a teammate that doesn't play or does stupid stuff like suicide. At least randomizing it would level the playing field somewhat.

TBH this is the thing that has turned me off the most about this site/game. I really like everything else about it though.
Corporal 1st Class dolemite

Postby terrafutan on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:34 am

I would also much prefer this version of doubles.

Yes vote from me
Corporal 1st Class terrafutan

randomized teams

Postby moxiousman on Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:00 pm

ive found the teams tend to be unfair when people try to match up, say, 2 captains on one team and a cook and a cadet on another. there should be an option (or requirement) on team games to either make the teams completely random or fixed so that the sum of the team's rank is similar to that of the other team(s)
Cook moxiousman

Postby insomniacdude on Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:58 pm

You realize you have control over with whom you join games. If you're joining the games with captains, then simply join a different game. If they are joining games with you, then either check your games frequently to see who has or hasn't joined, or buy a premium (or befriend a premium) and play passworded games.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby Knight2254 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:32 am

I'm with you Moxiousman, but apparently everybody here is not. Everybody seems to complain about newbies joining and not sticking around and I think it has a lot to do with the disadvantage of having to join team games against a triad of captains who only play together. That, or joining and then getting stuck with a deadbeat.

Random games, where, say, you could join and did not know the actual identity of your partner (say it was XXXX on the screen) was until the end of the game would make things much more interesting and fun. It would also make for an interesting event because it would force good players to adapt.
Brigadier Knight2254

Postby Hrvat on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:05 am

Knight2254 wrote:I'm with you Moxiousman, but apparently everybody here is not.
Random games, where, say, you could join and did not know the actual identity of your partner (say it was XXXX on the screen) was until the end of the game would make things much more interesting and fun. It would also make for an interesting event because it would force good players to adapt.

In Random (as above) games you would still get stuck with deadbeat, because you do not know who your partner is going to be.
I do not play team games any more, as I do not have a reliable partner, and I am fed up losing games because my partner does not show up.

If you wish to play Team games you need a good partner. Not only that your partner needs to show up, but he needs to be reliable and fortify you when needed, good tactics are must, etc...

I would not play Team games, if I did not know who my partner is going to be.

:roll: :?
I'll never pay for another Premium on ConquerClub.
Lieutenant Hrvat

Postby amazzony on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:05 pm

If it would be optional than there wouldn't be anything wrong with this idea (though don't know how many people would use it in the end) but you can't make people team up with people who they don't want to play with (aka a lot of people here play with their partners and people who they wish to play with and that option has to stay. I'm sure that a lot of people agree with me).
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: randomized teams

Postby john1099 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:20 pm

moxiousman wrote:ive found the teams tend to be unfair when people try to match up, say, 2 captains on one team and a cook and a cadet on another. there should be an option (or requirement) on team games to either make the teams completely random or fixed so that the sum of the team's rank is similar to that of the other team(s)

Guaranteed rejection, and if it's not rejected, then no one will play it.
:)
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby wrightfan123 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:27 pm

john1099 wrote:
moxiousman wrote:ive found the teams tend to be unfair when people try to match up, say, 2 captains on one team and a cook and a cadet on another. there should be an option (or requirement) on team games to either make the teams completely random or fixed so that the sum of the team's rank is similar to that of the other team(s)

Guaranteed rejection, and if it's not rejected, then no one will play it.
:)

Well said.
Corporal wrightfan123

Location: Looking over every baseball team's schedule to try to determine who will win the World Series.

Postby jennifermarie on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:29 pm

Interesting option, though I don't think I'd play it. I was in a tourney once where you got a different partner each game...it was good for learning how different people viewed strategy, but i wasn't too fond of it...i'd rather find a really dependable partner and stick with them.

Also, when making future suggestions, please remember to use the form.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!
Private 1st Class jennifermarie

Postby mitchmitch11 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:15 pm

well if you think about it it mostly means how long they have played your cook could be better than the captain it is just the captain has been playing longer. Try looking at the number of games they have won instead.
Corporal mitchmitch11

Team Randomization [Pending]

Postby Mustakrakish on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:30 pm

Tired of seeing 8 identical maps of identical high ranking team 1 players just waiting for random players to prey on? Want to play with your friends but not trying to stack the odds in your favor? Game option, random teams.

When you see a few identical games of quadruples with 4 high ranked players sitting in team 1, you pretty quickly come to some conclusions. First, they know each other, they know their teammates are good players, and they have a much better than average knowledge that their teammates won't be deadbeats. In other words, they don't have to worry about their team the same way a player who randomly joins such a game does, and since we've all been on the wrong end of a route due to deadbeats, we know that that is a pretty huge advantage. The more cynical might assume it was arranged as such, but lets not jump to any conclusions quite yet. Those four players may very well just enjoy playing with one another, and since the first four to join the game are on the same team, it just works out that they have that advantage through no purposeful manipulation of their own. To avoid these issues, I suggest a game option in team games that randomizes the teams. Instead of the first four players being a team in a quadruples game with randomized teams selected, the game randomly picks 4 players and makes them team 1, the remaining 4 are team 2. Now cynical players can't say the game is being played with one team at an advantage, and players who just want to play with their friends can do so without swaying the odds.

On a related note, if the option becomes available for random teams, an option for 'balanced' teams might also be considered, where the game arranges teams such that the total number of points per team (the sum of the points of each team's players) is as close as possible.

Both would just be optional parts of team games, so if you don't want to play with either of these settings, simply avoid such games or don't select that option when making your game.

Thoughts? Refinements? Musta is an idiot?
Sergeant Mustakrakish

Postby Kemmler on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:39 pm

great idea, there needs to be a way round this growing problem
Cook Kemmler

Postby Hotdoggie on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:43 pm

It's a good idea but would not be very popular - team games usually involve friends or co-inhabiters playing on the same team.
PERSONAL BEST...
Score: 2802
Place: 120
Date: 16 / 2 / 2009
Lieutenant Hotdoggie

Postby Mustakrakish on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:05 pm

Hotdoggie wrote:It's a good idea but would not be very popular - team games usually involve friends or co-inhabiters playing on the same team.

They still could, and unless they wanted to play against a team that was likely to be less organized or lower ranking than them (assuming they are high ranking) then they don't have a problem. If they DID want to play against a team likely to be less organized or less skilled... I don't feel to bad for them.
Sergeant Mustakrakish

Postby yeti_c on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:45 pm

I like this idea actually...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby TaCktiX on Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:04 pm

I like it as well. I filter out team games presently because of this problem, and I don't know enough folks to start my own.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby pissedoffsol on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:46 pm

i like the fair sorting by points.

but, that could be detrimental.

1 general and 3 chefs will most likely loose against 4 1st class corprals, even though the scores are probably even.

the high ranking players will get screwed with the most likely players to deadbeat....

so i dunno
Sergeant 1st Class pissedoffsol

Postby xxtig12683xx on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:44 pm

pissedoffsol wrote:i like the fair sorting by points.

but, that could be detrimental.

1 general and 3 chefs will most likely loose against 4 1st class corprals, even though the scores are probably even.

the high ranking players will get screwed with the most likely players to deadbeat....

so i dunno

not really you just have the general tell the cooks what to do, so they would more than likely win
"there is no avoiding war, it can only be postponed to the advantage of your enemy" NM, 1502
Sergeant 1st Class xxtig12683xx

Postby Herakilla on Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:11 pm

points do not fight!
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby baggins994 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:46 pm

i dont really know b/c i like playing w/ my friends, but i also hate it when, like you said, there are tons of identical, high ranked, team games
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell
linkspot.weebly.com
^^ Go Here!!! Plz!!^^
Highest Rank/Score: Sergeant 1430
Private baggins994

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions