Conquer Club

[GF] Saved Searches in Game Finder

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby cena-rules on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:39 pm

that would be a good idea
19:41:22 ā€¹jakewilliamsā€ŗ I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:10 pm

I'm pretty sure there is a script already in existence that will take care of that for you.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby insomniacdude on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:21 pm

There's a Greasemonkey script somewhere in the "add-ons and plugins" forum if you're interested. I still think it should be added to the site though, as a permanent feature.
Cadet insomniacdude

Suggestion - Constant Preferances for the 'Game Finder'

Postby Metallic on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi,

I have a few favorite settings when im looking for games, certain maps I like, certain types of settings that I like...

unfortunatly I can't save these , therefore I have to retype them each time I want to search for a game to join.

Can you please implament a sort of a template creator, so that I can save 1 or 2 templates ( 1 will also be ok) of my favorite settings in the Game Finder.

It will make my life easier...

Thankx.
Sergeant Metallic

Postby Herakilla on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:46 pm

there is a greasemonkey script that does that, go to plugins and add on in the general disscussion
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby insomniacdude on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:27 pm

Cadet insomniacdude

Postby Metallic on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 pm

Yes, this is fine for people wanting to use Firefox, but what about the majority of players in this game... that do not wish to install Firefox and/or use greasemonkey on top of thier Firefox?

This game shouldn't be browser orianted, and should provide a solution for the majority of the population and not just a small fraction of it.

Thankx.
Sergeant Metallic

Postby Twill on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:00 pm

Hey there Metallic,

Thanks for the suggestion, we have a huge to-do list and only one core coder so the greasemonkey route allows people to make features that not everyone needs available to those who want them much faster.

This may or may not make it in any time soon.

Have a good one
Twill
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby insomniacdude on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:24 am

Metallic wrote:Yes, this is fine for people wanting to use Firefox, but what about the majority of players in this game... that do not wish to install Firefox and/or use greasemonkey on top of thier Firefox?

This game shouldn't be browser orianted, and should provide a solution for the majority of the population and not just a small fraction of it.

Thankx.

As Twill said, there's only one main coder. There is other things on the site that need more urgent attention. Your suggestion is helpful to some, but only to a few players. And the help it gives is quite insignificant at best. I'd rather Lack and co. spend time programming/fixing things for the site and community as a whole instead of for a few players who don't want to click six or seven extra buttons, especially when there is a perfectly reasonable alternative waiting for them.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:55 am

Metallic wrote:Yes, this is fine for people wanting to use Firefox, but what about the majority of players in this game... that do not wish to install Firefox and/or use greasemonkey on top of thier Firefox?

Thankx.

If I were you I'd upgrade to FF... that way you can get the benefits of all the other extras that the community have coded...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Metallic on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:00 am

Yeah I have FF, but I just don't like how it works with other sites, so I rather limit the use of FF to a minimum... Oh Well. :D

Thankx for the help! :D
Sergeant Metallic

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:46 pm

Metallic wrote:Yeah I have FF, but I just don't like how it works with other sites, so I rather limit the use of FF to a minimum... Oh Well. :D

Thankx for the help! :D

Just use FF for CC then!?!?

That's all I use it for!!!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Suggestion: saved search settings on Game Finder

Postby PsyDev on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:58 pm

* Suggestion Idea: Allow search settings to be saved in Game Finder to reduce time taken to search for various game types.

* Specifics: When I search for games, I don't want to fill in a number of checkboxes each time. There are certain things that I want every time, and I only occasionally change from them. For starters, I only ever play sequential games, never freestyle. I also am totally uninterested in fog of war, etc. There are a lot of game options that I eliminate by default. It would make my life a lot easier if I didn't have to fill these in each time.
I think there should be a "default" search profile that you can save, so that each time you run Game Finder, it's already filled in for you with your default search preferences. This also makes it easier to do slight modifications to your default prefs each time you do a different search. You should also be able to save some pre-defined search settings under names you like, e.g. "2vs2 doubles chained", "6-player standard unlimited <map_name>", or whatever you want to name them.
Also, it might be nice if instead of only having checkboxes under which maps you want to search, perhaps an option that says "never this map". I know you can just checkbox every single other map, but this seems easier from a user interface point of view.

* Why it is needed: I need to save my precious life time and I want to join lots of CC games with as little hassle as possible, as well as browse through different views of gametypes quickly without having to painstakingly enter all those options each time.

Thanks!
Major PsyDev

Postby jennifermarie on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:06 pm

This has been suggested before multiple times. For future reference, please use the "search" function before posting a new suggestion.
Thanks for using the form!
Private 1st Class jennifermarie

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:07 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby PsyDev on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:08 pm

Thanks for the link. I didn't see it in the suggestion box already as "pending" or "rejected" or "to do" so I thought I should suggest it.

edit: It should probably say under "rejected": "visit this link instead"
Major PsyDev

Automate your Game Finder AND your Start A Game options.

Postby riskfreak on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:08 pm

I've been using a tool with Conquer Club to save my favorate Game search parameters, and to create games.

The Selenium IDE extension for the Firefox browser, allows you to record all the actions you take, as you painstakingly set every option for the game of your choice, and then allow you to playback all those actions, whenever you want.

The IDE seems to be far more powerful than that, but using it to select your favorate game options is a real plus.

it is most useful , for example, when I want to search or create, for terminator/seq/nofog/public/casual games with my favorate 5 maps.

-riskfreak
Sergeant riskfreak

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:19 pm

There's already a grease monkey script to do saved searches. Lack would appreciate if you NOT use the Selenium IDE to save game creation. The powers that be have deemed that players should create games one at a time. Thank your for your cooperation.
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby riskfreak on Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Oh, I wasn't trying to suggest that you use it to create more than one game at a time. I can see why you might think that, because I said "5 maps" in the last post.
I meant, "I was looking for ONE game, that may have one of those 5 maps.

I suggested it because it is useful for creating a single game, with all the options done right the first time..... no dropping the mistake game, and hitting the server again to re-create the correct game(hopefully).

I have never tried creating more than one game at a time, and I understand why the "powers" would not want that.

Thanks

-rf
Sergeant riskfreak

Savable Game finder options

Postby commander71 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:55 pm

CC is an awesome site but I have one small suggestion to improve it. I find I am always selecting the same options in the Game Finder to find games of the type I like playing. It would be neat if you had a Save this search option and then a player could go to My Saved Searches and just pick one and search for it. Just an idea.

commander71
Cook commander71

Postby Sven Hassel on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:11 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18815

just download greasemonkey and install this script
"Bullets kill, grenades kill, bayonets kill, the cold kills. Death has a thousand faces. The worst of them all: the Court Martial."
Lieutenant Sven Hassel

Quick Search Option for Game Finder

Postby Pip Squeek on Sat May 03, 2008 11:40 pm

Description:
A quick search to be able to be able to find games faster would be helpful and save a lot of time. That way you do not have to do a lot of clicking just to search for the same type of game over and over again. I know it is not needed, but it would make things a lot nicer.

Specifics:
  • Searches a saved preference for a particular criterion for Game Finder.
Sergeant 1st Class Pip Squeek

Location: I am not sure... it is dark down here and they beat me, but the food is good.

Re: Quick Search Option for Game Finder

Postby BaldAdonis on Sun May 04, 2008 12:04 am

There's a plug in that does this. Have a look at that forum.
Captain BaldAdonis

Re: Quick Search Option for Game Finder

Postby Timminz on Sun May 04, 2008 2:28 am

BaldAdonis wrote:There's a plug in that does this. Have a look at that forum.

I use it all the time. Works great!
Captain Timminz

Premium Perk - Save favourite game finder tick boxes

Postby Pedronicus on Thu May 15, 2008 11:53 am

I'm fed up of clicking the check boxes on the game finder:
  • Premium membership needs additional perks, and I don't think this would be too much to ask for as a small addition

Specifics:
  • You click on a box saying 'Favorite games style' tick the boxes of the game finder that you most want to look for and then click 'confirm save'
  • Then after finding a game of your choice, you go back to game finder page, click 'favorites' and instantly search again for the same settings

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • more people will search for games
  • less new games will be started cluttering up the join games list
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions