Conquer Club

[GC] Choose Which Position (Color) to Join in a Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Players choose their colors rather than having them assigned

Postby maximumbandit on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Fantastic! I did search around the forms a bit but couldn't find a thread about it. Sorry for re-posting it.
Private maximumbandit

Postby oVo on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:15 pm

This would make a nice additional PERK for premium members.
Major oVo

Postby 4myGod on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:58 am

I think "Doesn't matter" should be an option as well. This way for me, I don't care what color I am, so if I were to start a game, I don't want people to not join because I accidentally picked their color. So I would put "doesn't matter".
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod

Re: Choose Army Color At Start *To-Do*

Postby ThePeasant on Sat May 02, 2009 9:53 am

In each player's settings there should be a 'prefered colours' setting, where the player can rank a list of colours in order of preference. Then, whenever a new game begins, the colours will be assigned to players in their order of preference. Colour assignment should begin with the highest ranking player first, so that the highest ranking player always gets colour preference.
Private 1st Class ThePeasant

Allow Users to to Set Color Preferences

Postby spcepickle on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:18 am

Concise description:
  • Allow users in their profile to set color preferences.

Specifics:
  • I can choose up to three colors in order of preference on my profile.
  • When I enter a game I will be assigned the my first color preference that is not already chosen.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • This will allow for less confusion about "what color am I" when people are playing multiple games.
Private 1st Class spcepickle

Re: Allow Users to to Set Color Preferences

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 am

sounds coo but i'd still be confused with the colours as i'd be wondering which colour i got as my preference. at least by going in order, knowing when you joined, you can determine your colour
Brigadier 4 U 2 NV

Postby ManBungalow on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 am

It's been on the To-Do list for ages = :) + :roll:

Original thread : viewtopic.php?p=76838
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby obliterationX on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:34 am

ManBungalow wrote:It's been on the To-Do list for ages = :) + :roll:

Original thread : viewtopic.php?p=76838

Also known as the "will put it here to satisfy users / make them shut up, but actually carry out the suggestion in about 2 years" list. :)
Colonel obliterationX

Choosing colors

Postby SultanOfSurreal on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:00 am

Allow players to choose their color when joining/starting a game.
Simply add a prompt when joining a game that allows the user to pick their color. (Obviously, once a color is taken, it can't be picked by anyone else joining the game). The current 8 colors could be kept as the only choices, or a few more could be added to give a better variety (for instance, I wouldn't mind a light sea green, maybe something like #00FFBF or perhaps a dark violet, like #88000BF.

This will improve yadda yadda
It simply adds even more variety to the site. I don't imagine that the coding for this would be difficult, and I don't see how it could create any confusion in games (assuming the colors are distinguishable and given their own letter for the color codes). You can choose the color of your armies in ris-- err, compeltely dissimilar board games which do not bear mention. why not on conquer club?
Private SultanOfSurreal

Re: Choosing colors

Postby jefjef on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:23 am

In partner games it is easily recognizable who is what team as it is...... Add color choice you will have to look at every dub/trip/quad game in order to see who is on your team............ Don't care for the idea myself.....
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby SultanOfSurreal on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:07 am

jefjef wrote:In partner games it is easily recognizable who is what team as it is...... Add color choice you will have to look at every dub/trip/quad game in order to see who is on your team............ Don't care for the idea myself.....

all you would have to do is remember one, two, or at most, three other colors, it's not like you're being asked to memorize the dead sea scrolls here
Private SultanOfSurreal

Postby jefjef on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:40 am

Thats true. But it works for me to know that I'm on team ? and the standard colors are also on my team. Keeps things in perspective & order. Does color really matter? (although i do not care to be yeller.. i seem to lose more for some reason) so I try to change that by when & where i join games...............................
Colonel jefjef

Postby Darwins_Bane on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:38 pm

this has already been suggested....i can't remember if its either in to do or pending...but its in one of the two.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby lanyards on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:39 pm

SultanOfSurreal wrote:
jefjef wrote:In partner games it is easily recognizable who is what team as it is...... Add color choice you will have to look at every dub/trip/quad game in order to see who is on your team............ Don't care for the idea myself.....

all you would have to do is remember one, two, or at most, three other colors, it's not like you're being asked to memorize the dead sea scrolls here
Too confusing. What if you are in multiple team games, who wants to keep up with all the colors? And as jefjef said, the color of your armies doesn't effect the game at all.
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Postby wolfpack0530 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:53 pm

i am colorblind, so this would be a problem for me with colors that are close in shade. To me, light sea green = light gray = light pink. I use the script to help me with the colors. So if you got to choose your own colors then plum, pink, purple would all just be p. rose, red, rouge would all be r.

And no, i dont want to add another plug in like greasemonkey or BOB.

That being said, I do like the idea of choosing your own colors, and i know it is on Lacks "to-do" list, but i would hope that the color choices are bold colors that differ from each other as much as possible.

Please no blue-green, and green-blue. Yes they are 2 different colors, but not to me lol.
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby alster on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:09 pm

lanyards wrote:
SultanOfSurreal wrote:

Too confusing. What if you are in multiple team games, who wants to keep up with all the colors? And as jefjef said, the color of your armies doesn't effect the game at all.

I concur. Not a good suggestion.

However, what could be done I guess is a script allowing a user, as a second layer individually visible, amend the colors of the players. Dunno who would bother, but that way at least it wouldn't interfere with the game and other players.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby SultanOfSurreal on Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:53 pm

lanyards wrote:
SultanOfSurreal wrote:

you have to do that anyway, unless you're on the same team in every game with the same number of players on each team.

once again, it is not the hardest thing in the world to manage.
Private SultanOfSurreal

Postby OnYourShore on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:23 am

I am more than ready for choosing my own color. Because of the game settings I like, I have to start all my games. So, by default, I am always red. Red is ok, but is harder for me to differentiate from pink. Thus I often have to turn on the color codes. I'd rather be blue. I've been checking to see if there are other games that I can join in the third slot, but all the games with the settings I begin with are all mine waiting for additional players. I doubt it would be too difficult to implement. Basic solid colors are best. Supper brights make my eyes do strange things, LOL. Could we have it now?
Sergeant 1st Class OnYourShore

Postby SultanOfSurreal on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:57 pm

OnYourShore wrote:I am more than ready for choosing my own color. Because of the game settings I like, I have to start all my games. So, by default, I am always red. Red is ok, but is harder for me to differentiate from pink. Thus I often have to turn on the color codes. I'd rather be blue. I've been checking to see if there are other games that I can join in the third slot, but all the games with the settings I begin with are all mine waiting for additional players. I doubt it would be too difficult to implement. Basic solid colors are best. Supper brights make my eyes do strange things, LOL. Could we have it now?

yeah I'm still waiting for the implementation of this myself. Not because of sight issues though... I just prefer orange, silver, and cyan to red. It shouldn't be TOO hard to code... right?
Private SultanOfSurreal

Postby Army of GOD on Sat May 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Is this really "to-do"? It's a great suggestion. I'm sick and tired of not being pink.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby jefjef on Sat May 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Is this really "to-do"? It's a great suggestion. I'm sick and tired of not being pink.

You'll always be pink to us AoG!

Good idea.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat May 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Remember guys, the "To-Do" List is no more. If you think there are any old good idea's that were "To-Do", bring it to our attention. If this still has support, i will sticky it.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Army of GOD on Sat May 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Well, that was kinda the point of my bump.

I'm sure every single person on this site is in support of this...
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat May 22, 2010 8:20 pm

I like this idea, I'd like to have a more consistent color, even if that means that I just choose grey or orange every game (and I'm sick of being yellow, and having to use the color codes to figure out which armies are neutral and which are mine)
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby b00kw0rm on Sun May 23, 2010 7:24 pm

I really want to see this implemented. I want my green armies.
My Tournaments:
Age of Conquerors [WINNER: br4nd0n2002]
Team Clash [WINNERS: bfunny27 & DBandit70]
Sibling Rivalry [ONGOING]
Private b00kw0rm

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions