[GP/UI] Choose Which Position (Color) to Join in a Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Choosing colors

Postby jefjef on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:40 am

Thats true. But it works for me to know that I'm on team ? and the standard colors are also on my team. Keeps things in perspective & order. Does color really matter? (although i do not care to be yeller.. i seem to lose more for some reason) so I try to change that by when & where i join games...............................
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Darwins_Bane on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:38 pm

this has already been suggested....i can't remember if its either in to do or pending...but its in one of the two.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Postby lanyards on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:39 pm

SultanOfSurreal wrote:
jefjef wrote:In partner games it is easily recognizable who is what team as it is...... Add color choice you will have to look at every dub/trip/quad game in order to see who is on your team............ Don't care for the idea myself.....

all you would have to do is remember one, two, or at most, three other colors, it's not like you're being asked to memorize the dead sea scrolls here
Too confusing. What if you are in multiple team games, who wants to keep up with all the colors? And as jefjef said, the color of your armies doesn't effect the game at all.
Sergeant 1st Class lanyards

Medals: 104
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby wolfpack0530 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:53 pm

i am colorblind, so this would be a problem for me with colors that are close in shade. To me, light sea green = light gray = light pink. I use the script to help me with the colors. So if you got to choose your own colors then plum, pink, purple would all just be p. rose, red, rouge would all be r.

And no, i dont want to add another plug in like greasemonkey or BOB.

That being said, I do like the idea of choosing your own colors, and i know it is on Lacks "to-do" list, but i would hope that the color choices are bold colors that differ from each other as much as possible.

Please no blue-green, and green-blue. Yes they are 2 different colors, but not to me lol.
Captain wolfpack0530

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (18)

Postby alstergren on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:09 pm

lanyards wrote:
SultanOfSurreal wrote:
jefjef wrote:In partner games it is easily recognizable who is what team as it is...... Add color choice you will have to look at every dub/trip/quad game in order to see who is on your team............ Don't care for the idea myself.....

all you would have to do is remember one, two, or at most, three other colors, it's not like you're being asked to memorize the dead sea scrolls here
Too confusing. What if you are in multiple team games, who wants to keep up with all the colors? And as jefjef said, the color of your armies doesn't effect the game at all.

I concur. Not a good suggestion.

However, what could be done I guess is a script allowing a user, as a second layer individually visible, amend the colors of the players. Dunno who would bother, but that way at least it wouldn't interfere with the game and other players.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Major alstergren

Medals: 143
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (20)
General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (32)

Postby SultanOfSurreal on Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:53 pm

lanyards wrote:
SultanOfSurreal wrote:

you have to do that anyway, unless you're on the same team in every game with the same number of players on each team.

once again, it is not the hardest thing in the world to manage.
Corporal SultanOfSurreal

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Re: Choose Army Color At Start *To-Do*

Postby OnYourShore on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:23 am

I am more than ready for choosing my own color. Because of the game settings I like, I have to start all my games. So, by default, I am always red. Red is ok, but is harder for me to differentiate from pink. Thus I often have to turn on the color codes. I'd rather be blue. I've been checking to see if there are other games that I can join in the third slot, but all the games with the settings I begin with are all mine waiting for additional players. I doubt it would be too difficult to implement. Basic solid colors are best. Supper brights make my eyes do strange things, LOL. Could we have it now?
Corporal 1st Class OnYourShore

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby SultanOfSurreal on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:57 pm

OnYourShore wrote:I am more than ready for choosing my own color. Because of the game settings I like, I have to start all my games. So, by default, I am always red. Red is ok, but is harder for me to differentiate from pink. Thus I often have to turn on the color codes. I'd rather be blue. I've been checking to see if there are other games that I can join in the third slot, but all the games with the settings I begin with are all mine waiting for additional players. I doubt it would be too difficult to implement. Basic solid colors are best. Supper brights make my eyes do strange things, LOL. Could we have it now?

yeah I'm still waiting for the implementation of this myself. Not because of sight issues though... I just prefer orange, silver, and cyan to red. It shouldn't be TOO hard to code... right?
Corporal SultanOfSurreal

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Sat May 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Is this really "to-do"? It's a great suggestion. I'm sick and tired of not being pink.
Cook Army of GOD

Location: ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby jefjef on Sat May 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Is this really "to-do"? It's a great suggestion. I'm sick and tired of not being pink.

You'll always be pink to us AoG!

Good idea.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat May 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Remember guys, the "To-Do" List is no more. If you think there are any old good idea's that were "To-Do", bring it to our attention. If this still has support, i will sticky it.
Lieutenant TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Army of GOD on Sat May 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Well, that was kinda the point of my bump.

I'm sure every single person on this site is in support of this...
Cook Army of GOD

Location: ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat May 22, 2010 8:20 pm

I like this idea, I'd like to have a more consistent color, even if that means that I just choose grey or orange every game (and I'm sick of being yellow, and having to use the color codes to figure out which armies are neutral and which are mine)
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (2)

Postby b00kw0rm on Sun May 23, 2010 7:24 pm

I really want to see this implemented. I want my green armies.
My Tournaments:
Age of Conquerors [WINNER: br4nd0n2002]
Team Clash [WINNERS: bfunny27 & DBandit70]
Sibling Rivalry [ONGOING]
Private b00kw0rm

Medals: 4
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun May 23, 2010 8:48 pm

b00kw0rm wrote:I really want to see this implemented. I want my green armies.

Same here! :)
Corporal iamkoolerthanu

Medals: 100
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Fri May 28, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm kinda split on the choosing your own colour thing. I think it could be nice to have a choice, however I could see it really messing with me while playing games, since I've gotten so used to how the colour order is.

I wonder if maybe it would be possible to choose which position you join in? Kinda like how you could pick which team you join for the team games? This way you could have some choice, everything would stay the same, and I believe it should be pretty easy to implement as well?
Major -=- Tanarri -=-

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 28, 2010 9:04 pm

Sticky'd
Lieutenant TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Army of GOD on Fri May 28, 2010 9:21 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:I'm kinda split on the choosing your own colour thing. I think it could be nice to have a choice, however I could see it really messing with me while playing games, since I've gotten so used to how the colour order is.

I wonder if maybe it would be possible to choose which position you join in? Kinda like how you could pick which team you join for the team games? This way you could have some choice, everything would stay the same, and I believe it should be pretty easy to implement as well?

Yea. I assumed it would be like that.
Cook Army of GOD

Postby jefjef on Fri May 28, 2010 9:43 pm

jefjef wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Is this really "to-do"? It's a great suggestion. I'm sick and tired of not being pink.

Good idea.

NO. Sorry. Had to flip flop. I do like having the same color progression. Don't want to have to search to see who follows who.

Although AoG should always be pink.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Re: Choose Army Color At Start ~Stickied/Last Call TFO~

Postby AgentSmith88 on Fri May 28, 2010 11:20 pm

love the idea. I'm sure jrh is sick of me not joining his tourney games because I don't want to be red! :?
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Sat May 29, 2010 3:17 am

jefjef wrote:
jefjef wrote:

Good idea.

NO. Sorry. Had to flip flop. I do like having the same color progression. Don't want to have to search to see who follows who.

Well, it can remain the same in order.

Like, let's say there's a five player game. One person chooses Red, one Orange one Blue, me Pink and one Gray. The order remains the same as if it would...except the unchosen colors are just skipped over. So it'd go Red, Blue, Pink, Orange, Gray and back again. The order of the turns wouldn't depend on who signs up the quickest, but by what color you choose.

That seems to make sense to me. Anyone see anything wrong with it?
Cook Army of GOD

Postby jefjef on Sat May 29, 2010 3:34 am

Army of GOD wrote:
jefjef wrote:
jefjef wrote:

Good idea.

Like, let's say there's a five player game. One person chooses Red, one Orange one Blue, me Pink and one Gray. The order remains the same as if it would...except the unchosen colors are just skipped over. So it'd go Red, Blue, Pink, Orange, Gray and back again. The order of the turns wouldn't depend on who signs up the quickest, but by what color you choose.

Yes. Team game sequence...
Colonel jefjef

Postby Army of GOD on Sat May 29, 2010 3:44 am

I guess they'd have to keep the color grouping the same then.

If you and I were on a doubles team yefyef (lolololololol. like I'd ever want you on my team) and we wanted to join a 2-team doubles game, obviously I'm Pink so that would mean you'd have to be Robin Egg Blue. It doesn't allow for complete freedom of selection, but it's a good middle ground.
Cook Army of GOD

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sat May 29, 2010 12:52 pm

I would support the idea as long as the colour sequence stayed the same. Otherwise I would likely find it way too confusing. If they stayed the same, then it would be just like having an 8 player doubles game and being able to join whichever team you wanted in order to be the colour you wanted. Simple to implement and doesn't mess with anyone's minds :)
Major -=- Tanarri -=-

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby porkenbeans on Sat May 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
jefjef wrote:
jefjef wrote:

Good idea.

Yes, I see a big thing wrong with this idea.
All this really does, is help the multi-cheaters to set up their games better. ;)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions