Sitting In During Clan Wars: Who's Who and What's What?

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Sitting In During Clan Wars: Who's Who and What's What?

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:30 am

i think the OP is talking about illigal account sharing and not so much about multies.
I have not had much experience with it, so i'll refer to Evil Semp who takes requests via PM.

I think the hunters are reluctant to divulge their specific methods, but i remember a few C&A cases where the verdict was not based on the public evidence, so i have to assume they have other ways of checking up on things.

Personally i would like a new sitter tool that whould be part of a few rulechanges, like you are not to get into anybody else's account for any reason, but coupled to a sitter tool designed to log who is doing what. And this being publicly mentioned in the gameslog...

To get back on the op's question. Like with multies, there are automated tools. I do not know if they also automaticly check for accountsitting, but at the very least aside from automated tools they react to personal requests, via pm and or forum. So if you see something wierd, you could ask the hunters to take a look at it.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:04 am

Thanks for all the information guys, I always thought that you had to publicly accuse someone of this sort of thing. I am also very impressed with the amount of work that is done to prevent multi abuse since its the most blatant form of cheating imho. It's great to know those people are out there fighting the good fight.
But yeah, as SirSebstar pointed out I am referring in this case to account sharing/sitting when the player is fully capable of taking the turn for themselves. My ultimate wish regarding this would be a simple random system that checked IP to make sure the people who were supposed to be taking their turns actually were. I feel that just the chance of being busted on something like this would greatly deter any abuse in this area. I have had instances where I seemed to smell something fishy but to make an issue out of it would have the potential to make me look paranoid and/or waste people's time. I realize that the mods are not here to reply to all suspicions at my beck and call. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:13 am

I think if you coupled it with the aforementioned rules change that you should never enter anothers account for any reason, then an ip checker would be handy. Ofcourse, many people still use proxy's and or busy ip's like from schools and such.
It is like secret alliances. Getting caught there if you do it once is very hard. But generally those that cheat, do so more often, and by doing so create a pattern to follow.
even if it takes a while, the hunters will get them arses banned.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Foxglove on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Funkyterrance wrote: My ultimate wish regarding this would be a simple random system that checked IP to make sure the people who were supposed to be taking their turns actually were.

This is impractical - people legitimately take their turns from a variety of IP addresses. Some players take turns from work and home. Other players travel frequently. Throughout the 5 years I've been on this site I've taken my turns from a wide variety of cities, states, and countries, as have many other people on CC. An IP check like you support above would never work.
General Foxglove
Head Thinker
Head Thinker

Medals: 63
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (12)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote: My ultimate wish regarding this would be a simple random system that checked IP to make sure the people who were supposed to be taking their turns actually were.

This is impractical - people legitimately take their turns from a variety of IP addresses. Some players take turns from work and home. Other players travel frequently. Throughout the 5 years I've been on this site I've taken my turns from a wide variety of cities, states, and countries, as have many other people on CC. An IP check like you support above would never work.

This is not necessarily what I am proposing. If two teammates take turns from the same IP I should think there is something fishy about that. I hate to infringe any anyone's homeland here Foxglove but I do think it warrants investigation.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Return to Questions & Answers