How to play Age of Realms 2 Map?

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

How to play Age of Realms 2 Map?

Postby ZeekLTK on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:40 am

On the map it says "Hold the sanctuary and thou will rule the land" - so is the objective of this level simply to take the sanctuary rather than conquer everyone like a normal game? I just want to make sure so I can plan accordingly since I just joined a game on this map. 8-)
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: How to play Age of Realms 2 Map?

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 am

ZeekLTK wrote:On the map it says "Hold the sanctuary and thou will rule the land" - so is the objective of this level simply to take the sanctuary rather than conquer everyone like a normal game? I just want to make sure so I can plan accordingly since I just joined a game on this map. 8-)

This map has an optional Sanctuary that if you capture and hold for 1 round, you will win the game. However, you may still just kill you opponent just as any other map. The choice is yours.

From my experience you will almost always kill your opponent because the sanctuary has a 75 neutral stack on it! In Trench Games it seems like more people go for the Sanctuary.

Hope this helps
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Sergeant 1st Class MoB Deadly

Medals: 144
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (38) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby ZeekLTK on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Ah okay, thanks.

Another question about the "frostbite" - if I only have 1 troop on a tile that gets frostbite, does it revert to just 1 neutral army? Or does it go back to however many were originally on that territory?

Like for example, let's say I take a territory that had 3 neutrals on it. I leave 1 army, that army dies from frostbite my next turn. How many neutrals are now on that space? 1? or 3?
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:14 pm

The decay feature (used in the frostbite) will not do anything if you only have one troop on the territory.
This is different than the Killer Neutral feature on some other maps which simply overwrites what is there with a set neutral value.
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) General Contribution (3)

Postby codierose on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Colonel codierose

Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (25) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:47 am

the link to the map creation thread.
it is always usefull to read how maps got into being, and what special rules apply.

viewtopic.php?f=374&t=127766
is the link to the strategy guide, it tells you how you can win (or what you should look out for)
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby ZeekLTK on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks for all the answers!
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Return to Q&A