Assasin games with a round limit

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Game 10508931
This game is an assassin game which ended by round limit. As you can see the elimination summary is different as no players were eliminated. NodLoyalist is at the top, but this is only because he is Player 1. Nobody was eliminated and all of the losers lost simultaneously.
User avatar
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) General Contribution (3)

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 am

spiesr wrote:Game 10508931
This game is an assassin game which ended by round limit. As you can see the elimination summary is different as no players were eliminated. NodLoyalist is at the top, but this is only because he is Player 1. Nobody was eliminated and all of the losers lost simultaneously.

2012-03-11 14:15:47 - Round limit reached, mikemaks has the most troops
2012-03-11 14:15:47 - mikemaks won the game
2012-03-11 14:15:47 - NodLoyalist lost 11 points
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby Jippd on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 am

All of the other players in that game say they lost and they are listed in order of join as spiesr says. So there is no way to define the target of blue by the log alone.
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am

Jippd wrote:All of the other players in that game say they lost and they are listed in order of join as spiesr says. So there is no way to define the target of blue by the log alone.

facepalm.
duh i get it now
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby qwertylpc on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am

but just to consider what would you do if the winners target (strongest player) happened to be the second strongest player.

For your tournament would you really want to eliminate the second strongest player?
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
User avatar
Major qwertylpc
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:12 pm
Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby Jippd on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:22 pm

qwertylpc wrote:but just to consider what would you do if the winners target (strongest player) happened to be the second strongest player.

For your tournament would you really want to eliminate the second strongest player?


His question is posed with players of equal region count and equal troop count at the end of the game. So all of the players are equally "strong"
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby qwertylpc on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Jippd wrote:
qwertylpc wrote:but just to consider what would you do if the winners target (strongest player) happened to be the second strongest player.

For your tournament would you really want to eliminate the second strongest player?


His question is posed with players of equal region count and equal troop count at the end of the game. So all of the players are equally "strong"


thats not what Im saying
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
User avatar
Major qwertylpc
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:12 pm
Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby darth emperor on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:38 pm

qwertylpc wrote:
Jippd wrote:
qwertylpc wrote:but just to consider what would you do if the winners target (strongest player) happened to be the second strongest player.

For your tournament would you really want to eliminate the second strongest player?


His question is posed with players of equal region count and equal troop count at the end of the game. So all of the players are equally "strong"


thats not what Im saying

Well, that's true. Maybe the round limit for assassin is skewed in the same sense as team games were. Maybe in assassin games, who should win is not the one with most troops, but the assassin of the player with less troops... :roll:
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 pm
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:01 am

darth emperor wrote:Well, that's true. Maybe the round limit for assassin is skewed in the same sense as team games were. Maybe in assassin games, who should win is not the one with most troops, but the assassin of the player with less troops... :roll:

so you want players to win who have the stupidest target?
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby darth emperor on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:15 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
darth emperor wrote:Well, that's true. Maybe the round limit for assassin is skewed in the same sense as team games were. Maybe in assassin games, who should win is not the one with most troops, but the assassin of the player with less troops... :roll:

so you want players to win who have the stupidest target?

Just imagine:
Red has 40 troops and his target is green
Green has 39 troops and his target is blue
Blue has 1 troop, and just going to die

Red wins, when the game is totally of green. Like the current approach, you are encouraging just to stall in the last rounds. But in an assassin that would let to make a lot of movement. I see that with more sense for an assassin.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 pm
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:50 pm

darth emperor wrote:
qwertylpc wrote:
Jippd wrote:
qwertylpc wrote:but just to consider what would you do if the winners target (strongest player) happened to be the second strongest player.

For your tournament would you really want to eliminate the second strongest player?


His question is posed with players of equal region count and equal troop count at the end of the game. So all of the players are equally "strong"


thats not what Im saying

Well, that's true. Maybe the round limit for assassin is skewed in the same sense as team games were. Maybe in assassin games, who should win is not the one with most troops, but the assassin of the player with less troops... :roll:

that is a great idea, the winner should be the player closest to winning. =D>
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Next

Return to Questions & Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login