Conquer Club

Are farming possibile on present medals?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Are farming possibile on present medals?

Postby Qwert on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Recently i get some statement from some members that mine two medal suggestion are very easy to be use for systematical farming of low ranked players.
Now mine question are next.
-Are systematical farming are not possibility on -frestyle, manual,nuclear,assasin,trench,cross map,random,speed,fog of war,terminator,doubles,triples,quadryplex,standard?

-if system farming are possible of all these above, its these easy to achieve ?

-
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Are farming possibile on present medals?

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:01 pm

those settings do not encourage farming, they are just settings. some people are good at them some are not. your medal suggestion encourages farming regardless of settings used because it rewards someone for the length of their string of victories.

the difference is:
  • someone playing for a medal is able to do so without farming because although they want to win, losing a game means losing a few points. nothing more.
  • with your suggestion losing means having an entire months effort, maybe several months effort become meaningless. because it is so important not to lose a game, any game, whatsoever, farming becomes essential to keep the streak alive.

that is why your suggestion is different to all other medals. if we lose a game and had silver we do not go back to zero. when that losing streak ends we can continue our march toward gold from whatever point we were at before the dice screwed us over.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Jippd on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 am

If people systematically farm to get the medal then that is their fault not the medals fault. I don't think his idea for the consecutive medal win should be denied because it encourages farming.

You could definitely farm or ranch to get some of the medals. Freestyle/trench/manual etc.
Major Jippd

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:46 am

Jippd wrote:If people systematically farm to get the medal then that is their fault not the medals fault. I don't think his idea for the consecutive medal win should be denied because it encourages farming.

You could definitely farm or ranch to get some of the medals. Freestyle/trench/manual etc.

well you can farm for what you like, points or whatever, but the system doesn't encourage you to.
I'm not going to repeat what greenoaks said because this is what it is. a medal to become the new glg.
Major betiko

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:08 am

Jippd wrote:If people systematically farm to get the medal then that is their fault not the medals fault. I don't think his idea for the consecutive medal win should be denied because it encourages farming.

of course you could, but the method by which the medal is calculated does not penalise you for not farming/ranching. you can be a really crappy player winning 1 game in 100 and with enough perserverance you can still attain all of the medals on offer.

qwerts suggestion is all about glg tactics. there is no casual way you can plod along with a win here or there to achieve it. you must systematically scour the site for easy beats because 1 slip up and all that you have achieved the last fews months is wiped.

this is a casual gaming site and that suggest takes us into hardcore.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:29 am

well its look that i will need to repeat mine question.
>>mine question are next.
-Are systematical farming are not possibility on -frestyle, manual,nuclear,assasin,trench,cross map,random,speed,fog of war,terminator,doubles,triples,quadryplex,standard?

-if system farming are possible of all these above, its these easy to achieve ?<<

please anyone who have clear answer can post.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 am

qwert wrote:well its look that i will need to repeat mine question.
>>mine question are next.

-if system farming are possible of all these above, its these easy to achieve ?<<

please anyone who have clear answer can post.

side note:
MY question is
this question is MINE

1) it is more or less, but I doubt you could farm effectively terminator or assassin for example.
2) no because it takes lots of games even if you try to get them the easiest way possible. They are still acheivable "normally"
3) your medal suggestion is 100% unacheivable "normally". If you still don't understand why, I guess you are a lost cause.
Major betiko

Postby Koganosi on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:48 am

There was a C&A report a few weeks/days ago about some higher rated playing "farming" new players. Basicly what he did as making 5 or 6 players classic games with easy settings wich ?'s can play since they are banned out from others untill after completing a certain number of games. Loads of higher ranking refused to play this settings or whatever so he played most against ?'s only. Thats how you could possible farm your medals even though you cant call it farming caus they join ur games and you dont join theirs.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:09 pm

The situation is that for the medals that we already have implemented can be won without farming, ranching, or any kind of manipulation. It just takes perseverance and time to win them all.

For a medal that you have to get 100 wins in a row, it promotes farming more than anything else because you can't just play a bunch of games with a setting and eventually get the medal. You have to win them all in a row. Because of that, it promotes playing weaker opponents and holding them hostage.

I don't think anyone can say it plainer than that.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:12 am

Even GLG didn't get to 100 in a row and he was breaking the rules as much as anyone could. His motivation was points, but consecutive victories would be the same.
Colonel agentcom

Postby codierose on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:02 am

chapcrap wrote:The situation is that for the medals that we already have implemented can be won without farming, ranching, or any kind of manipulation. It just takes perseverance and time to win them all.

For a medal that you have to get 100 wins in a row, it promotes farming more than anything else because you can't just play a bunch of games with a setting and eventually get the medal. You have to win them all in a row. Because of that, it promotes playing weaker opponents and holding them hostage.

I don't think anyone can say it plainer than that.

totally agree
i think the only way you could ever have this medal is to stipulate that its team games only and no freestyle and i cant see that ever happening
Major codierose

Postby agentcom on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:50 pm

agentcom wrote:Even GLG didn't get to 100 in a row and he was breaking the rules as much as anyone could. His motivation was points, but consecutive victories would be the same.

One of my fellow mods pointed out that not all of what GLG did was breaking the rules, at least not as they were in place at the time (although I do believe that a rules violation was found in some of his later activities). That said, I do believe that anyone who was to attempt to do what GLG was doing, which may be the only way to get even close to 100 straight wins, would be guilty of breaking the rules as they are now understood.
Colonel agentcom

Return to Conquer Club Discussion