Rating abuse - How to report it?

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Rating abuse - How to report it?

Postby Matt2006 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 pm

I have been given a rate of 1 and a tag of "complainer" for the solely crime of saying in a game "wow, what a dice" after an extraordinary dice of my oponnent.. That was it. There was no previous conversation, no further comments from my part or my opponent's.

I think this is a clear case of Rating Abuse and I would like to report it. Can someone indicate me how to do it?

Regards

M
Major Matt2006

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (5)

Re: Rating abuse - How to report it?

Postby Swifte on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:34 pm

You need to start a new thread in this forum: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
when you start the thread, there will be a set of instructions for the form - follow those closely.

FYI, the mods usually require documentation of 5 instances of ratings abuse against a player before they'll do more digging, so I'd encourage you to look at the players other ratings left and see if there's a pattern, and include those game numbers in the thread you post.
Colonel Swifte
Chatter
Chatter

Medals: 141
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (34) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (14)

Re: Rating abuse - How to report it?

Postby spiesr on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:39 pm

There only way Ratings Abuse can be reported is if the person who left the rating has been regularly abusing the ratings system. A single questionable rating is not something that can be reported. Individual ratings are not moderated. The generally accepted minimum standard of proof for ratings abuse reports is that you have to find 5 examples of obviously incorrect ratings left by that person. If you can do so then you may file a report in the Cheating & Abuse area. The burden of proof is on the accuser in cases of ratings abuse, so you would need to find the examples and explain why they are obvious abuse in your report, or it will be closed.

Note, even if the person who left the rating is found guilty of ratings abuse the ratings they left will not be removed. The player will simply move up to the next level on the ratings abuse punishment scale. (Which ends with them no longer able to leave ratings.)
Accordingly to your description the rating left for you does not appear to be obvious abuse. If you disagree with it you can nicely ask the player who left it to withdraw it and he might do so. Otherwise just leave an appropriate response on the rating and move.
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) General Contribution (3)

Return to Q&A