Luck?

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Luck?

Postby fidias on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am

i never go with 6 vs 3.... unless im really desperate and already loosing. minimun 7 or 8 vs 3.... not less.
unless of course that the game is lost if u dont do that 6 vs 3.

you should really rethink your strategy.... because you complain about your luck, but you kinda depend too much on it.... try to make your chances better. play slower, plan your strategy a couple of turns ahead.... of course your opponent can be VERY lucky and that can cost you the game.... but it rarely happens, and when it does...well... just swalow it and play another game :D
Major fidias

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:30 pm

i will have a close look at this 6vs3 thing again

i took it granted and logical, that 6vs3 is good

i tried also just deploying and had 6 after round 1
in round 2 i had 9 and reduced a 3 down to 1, still standing with 9 i reduced the other border from 3 to 1
surprised by this dice i tried 9 vs1 , didnt work, so i tried the others guy single, this time 6 vs1
at the end i was left with 3 standing, stupid
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:14 pm

so you killed 9 and lost 6.. reasonable trade, but your strategy to get a spoil misserable failed.

hence my comment , your luck is good, above average. and still you complain, when obviously you do better then others in the cubedepartment.
So its plain its strategy then that holds you back. again, suggestion, join the Society of Cooks and learn to be a better player
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri May 03, 2013 4:10 pm

SirSebstar wrote:so you killed 9 and lost 6.. reasonable trade, but your strategy to get a spoil misserable failed.

hence my comment , your luck is good, above average. and still you complain, when obviously you do better then others in the cubedepartment.
So its plain its strategy then that holds you back. again, suggestion, join the Society of Cooks and learn to be a better player

i had 9 and killed only 4 ( without getting spoil, since both opps left with 1 troop)
i killed 4 and lost 6!!!

i had 9 ( reduced a 3 down to 1 troop, reduced the other borders 3 to 1, i lost zero , the other 2 regions lost all together 4)

then i tried to get a spoil

with my 9 ( i had lost nothing then)

i attacked a 1 ( lost until i had 6 troops left, the single 1 troop still standing)

so i thought ( since random dice!?!, )

i change my attack to the other 1 single troop

i attacked with 6 the other opponent

failed

at the end i had 3 troops left

i did not attack with 3 again

buttom note

i had 9 troops vs 2x 3 troops

reduces both down to 1 troop

then with 9 troops i tried to take a spoil against 1 single troop !!!

didnt work

what else do you want to tell me?

do they teach in SOC,
attack a single troop with 25 troops only !!!!

i failed with 9 vs 1
anything else to add ?
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby SirSebstar on Fri May 03, 2013 6:20 pm

try to follow a class in statistics. i was going to write a lot more, but there you have it. bad luck will happen, to you it happens less then others, but if you keep going after the wrong goal, you are more often going to lose...
killing troops, but failing to take a spoil can certainly be categorized as a very very bad move.

Serously, of ALL the people on this site, you have a much better then average luck. You should be major or general based on your luck alone, i think your rank is to high based on your skill, or lack thereof.
if you have anything else to add, please do so in the strategy forum. i will be happy to assist you (just send me a pm of your post)
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun May 05, 2013 4:01 pm

fidias wrote:i never go with 6 vs 3.... unless im really desperate and already loosing. minimun 7 or 8 vs 3.... not less.
unless of course that the game is lost if u dont do that 6 vs 3.

you should really rethink your strategy.... because you complain about your luck, but you kinda depend too much on it.... try to make your chances better. play slower, plan your strategy a couple of turns ahead.... of course your opponent can be VERY lucky and that can cost you the game.... but it rarely happens, and when it does...well... just swalow it and play another game :D

i think this is a good input
does this refer to every setting? ( except trench of course)
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby betiko on Sun May 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Sebstar, why do you bother? It s a hopeless case. He will post everywhere in forums next time he gets bs dice.
General betiko

Medals: 163
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (31) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Return to Q&A