Is This Cheating?

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is This Cheating?

Postby Tommy Atkins on Tue May 14, 2013 3:25 am

I'm getting so sick of this that I'm on the point of quiting the site.

Game 12659734

We had a two turn notice truce, I went to bed last night and wake up to this. Can I complain about it? I was in a 100% winning position and this is the second time it's happened this week with different players.
Lieutenant Tommy Atkins

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Is This Cheating?

Postby SirSebstar on Tue May 14, 2013 3:45 am

Tommy Atkins wrote:I'm getting so sick of this that I'm on the point of quiting the site.

Game Game 12659734

We had a two turn notice truce, I went to bed last night and wake up to this. Can I complain about it? I was in a 100% winning position and this is the second time it's happened this week with different players.

the official stance is that it is allowed to make truces, but nobody is forcing you to keep them. Backstabbing can be fun. The major point being there can be only one winner, so you should do the utmost to win, including breaking truces if thats neccecary.

people who do this often will earn the tag backstabber, and people will be less likely to play witgh them or trust them, but again, a truce is not somethig that will ever be enforced.
many people think making a truce is stupid and should be banned altogether, so be wise who you trust with a truce. Also, when there are only 2 players, it is customary (expected) that they break a truce, they want to get as good a start on you as they can manage. cheating lieing basterds they may be, but its legal..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue May 14, 2013 11:31 am

If you want to link to a game use the "game" button on your post(It's between the above "BigImg" and "Player" buttons when you go to post a reply. Just insert game number in-between the bracketed parts like this:

Game 12659734

To see what I did, just quote this message and have a look.
If you don't do it like this so that someone can click on the game in question, nobody is going to bother to look it up. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby puppydog85 on Tue May 14, 2013 1:32 pm

I take it for granted that if we come down to the last two players then the truce is off and the best man wins.
Captain puppydog85

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (7)

Return to Questions & Answers