Quick Reply

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Quick Reply

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri May 17, 2013 9:16 pm

What happened to it? Bring it back, please.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Quick Reply

Postby SirSebstar on Sat May 18, 2013 12:34 am

its new i think and likely related to https being used on login
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Quick Reply

Postby The Voice on Wed May 22, 2013 2:26 pm

SirSebstar wrote:its new i think and likely related to https being used on login


What does that mean? Do you know if this is a bug they intend to fix or if quick reply is gone forever?
Image
User avatar
Colonel The Voice
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Location, Location!
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Quick Reply

Postby SirSebstar on Wed May 22, 2013 2:42 pm

The Voice wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:its new i think and likely related to https being used on login


What does that mean? Do you know if this is a bug they intend to fix or if quick reply is gone forever?

its gone for now
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Quick Reply

Postby The Voice on Fri May 24, 2013 9:18 am

SirSebstar wrote:
The Voice wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:its new i think and likely related to https being used on login


What does that mean? Do you know if this is a bug they intend to fix or if quick reply is gone forever?

its gone for now


You're very good at answering cryptically :D Forgive me for pressing, but do you know why they gave quick reply the axe?* What are the odds we'll see one of my favorite features again?*

*Please ignore this if it was your intention to be vague because you're not allowed to divulge further.
Image
User avatar
Colonel The Voice
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Location, Location!
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Quick Reply

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:12 pm

The Voice wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
The Voice wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:its new i think and likely related to https being used on login


What does that mean? Do you know if this is a bug they intend to fix or if quick reply is gone forever?

its gone for now


You're very good at answering cryptically :D Forgive me for pressing, but do you know why they gave quick reply the axe?* What are the odds we'll see one of my favorite features again?*

*Please ignore this if it was your intention to be vague because you're not allowed to divulge further.

Fact is we don't know for sure. There was a bug with the HTTPS, and when they fixed that bug, the Quick Reply disappeared that same day. So we don't know for sure if the two events were causally connected (ie. the HTTPS bug fix required eliminating it) or if it was pure coincidence.
User avatar
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 11755
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Quick Reply

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Many thanks.
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Quick Reply

Postby The Voice on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
The Voice wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
The Voice wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:its new i think and likely related to https being used on login


What does that mean? Do you know if this is a bug they intend to fix or if quick reply is gone forever?

its gone for now


You're very good at answering cryptically :D Forgive me for pressing, but do you know why they gave quick reply the axe?* What are the odds we'll see one of my favorite features again?*

*Please ignore this if it was your intention to be vague because you're not allowed to divulge further.

Fact is we don't know for sure. There was a bug with the HTTPS, and when they fixed that bug, the Quick Reply disappeared that same day. So we don't know for sure if the two events were causally connected (ie. the HTTPS bug fix required eliminating it) or if it was pure coincidence.


Very interesting, thank you. Coding a site is an infuriatingly funny thing. Reminded me of this comic.

Image
User avatar
Colonel The Voice
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Location, Location!
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)


Return to Q&A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login