Intentionnally missing turns

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Intentionnally missing turns

Postby Donelladan on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 am

Hello,

I know that deadbeating is forbidden.
But what about intentionnal miss turn?
Like I am in a game, and someone miss 2 turns, then come back, then miss another turn.
And that guy is active in other games at the same time, and he dont miss turns !

I want to know in general, not only in the case I explained, is intentionnally missing a turn against the rules?

I think it should be :x
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Donelladan

Medals: 89
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (14) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: Intentionnally missing turns

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm pretty sure it's not against the rules, although incredibly annoying. Best thing to do is foe and move on, and win the game. ;)

Rate accordingly, too.
Captain iAmCaffeine

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 pm

being intentionally annoying is against the rules. Therefor if such a player has a frequent (ab)user habit of this tactic, you should report him/her/it to the Q&A department(aka hunters) they will warn the player, and if him continues and persists, ban him
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby GeeksAreMyPeeps on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:57 pm

I can see situations where this might be a deliberate strategic tactic, and not intentionally annoying. For instance, Let's say I'm playing an Assassin Nuclear Trench game, and I'm comfortable that I'm not on the verge of being eliminated (nor is anyone else). I know who my target is hunting, and my target has a stack of troops adjacent to one of my spoils locations currently occupied by his target. I've got 5 spoils, and if I play my turn I'll be forced to use the spoil for that location. If I skip my turn, I can be reasonably assured that my target will take that location, hopefully with his entire stack. Skipping in this scenario seems like a fair play.
Major GeeksAreMyPeeps

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby GeeksAreMyPeeps on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Another possibility: If I'm playing a No Spoils Trench game and players may attack me in 2 possible locations, I may choose to skip and receive the deferred troops to fortify one location over the other
Major GeeksAreMyPeeps

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:18 pm

GeeksAreMyPeeps wrote:I can see situations where this might be a deliberate strategic tactic, and not intentionally annoying. For instance, Let's say I'm playing an Assassin Nuclear Trench game, and I'm comfortable that I'm not on the verge of being eliminated (nor is anyone else). I know who my target is hunting, and my target has a stack of troops adjacent to one of my spoils locations currently occupied by his target. I've got 5 spoils, and if I play my turn I'll be forced to use the spoil for that location. If I skip my turn, I can be reasonably assured that my target will take that location, hopefully with his entire stack. Skipping in this scenario seems like a fair play.

this is most certainly not fair play. it might be a valid tactic though to win the game. Also,You are making everybody way a turn, mostly that is 24 hours.... If you make a habit out of this, then you will be banned. However on accasion, well then it will simply taken in stride.
In the aforementioned example, as incident you shold not get into trouble with the law. How people are going to rate such an underhand tactic is up to them though.
personally i think its clever and low at the same time.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Return to Questions & Answers