User names

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: User names

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:17 pm

fyah wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
Jippd wrote:So if someone is freemium and upgrades to premium they are allowed to change their name? Even though his username is not offensive nor does it reveal personal information?

That is the gist of the policy change, yes.
beware, its small name changes A new name should still not be a tool to cause confusion, so gruffy1 to gruffyback should be good. changing jippd to Blitzaholic2 would not be a good idea i think. just to use an example.
The policy is not something that is set in stone (as before when it was just no). Now that it is possible, someone needs to manyallg change the name in the database, so telling why you want it changed (if its more then minor) should be appreciated

Just FYI, minor cosmetic changes typically only include capitalization or a small typo in the original username (for example, if I had typed "blaekbowling" it would be permitted to adjust it to "blakebowling"). The change from gruffy1 to gruffyback most likely won't be allowed.

OK. I recently joined this site because I had heard of it on another site. I wasn't really planning to stick around, so I randomly typed some letters when I was asked for a user name.
But now that I'm starting to enjoy playing here, could it be possible for me to have my username changed?
It shouldn't cause confusion since I'm new.

in short, no
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: User names

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:15 pm

fyah wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
Jippd wrote:So if someone is freemium and upgrades to premium they are allowed to change their name? Even though his username is not offensive nor does it reveal personal information?

That is the gist of the policy change, yes.
beware, its small name changes A new name should still not be a tool to cause confusion, so gruffy1 to gruffyback should be good. changing jippd to Blitzaholic2 would not be a good idea i think. just to use an example.
The policy is not something that is set in stone (as before when it was just no). Now that it is possible, someone needs to manyallg change the name in the database, so telling why you want it changed (if its more then minor) should be appreciated

Just FYI, minor cosmetic changes typically only include capitalization or a small typo in the original username (for example, if I had typed "blaekbowling" it would be permitted to adjust it to "blakebowling"). The change from gruffy1 to gruffyback most likely won't be allowed.

OK. I recently joined this site because I had heard of it on another site. I wasn't really planning to stick around, so I randomly typed some letters when I was asked for a user name.
But now that I'm starting to enjoy playing here, could it be possible for me to have my username changed?
It shouldn't cause confusion since I'm new.

It's possible, but I'm not sure. Your best bet is to send in an eTicket (from the Help button at the top) and king achilles will assist you further.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Return to Questions & Answers