why am I getting blasted with Google ads.

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

why am I getting blasted with Google ads.

Postby Count Belisle on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:24 pm

I have recently been getting "Blasted" with a lot of Google ads, Large ones too. when I logged in earlier on the log in page it had a link asking if I wanted to stop the ads. when i clicked on the link it took me to the upgrade page. I'm already a paid customer, I think CC is Great, but I pay my $25.00 a year. I don't mind ads on the log in page, but it gets kinda annoying when I'm looking at the forum page and there is a big flashing ad. is there a button since Im a paid customer to turn that off, I don't understand why it would ask if I want to stop the ads and it sends me to the upgrade page.
Want to enter The Underworld? Click here to send me a PM and find out how. (Selective Recruitment)
Private 1st Class Count Belisle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: why am I getting blasted with Google ads.

Postby Jippd on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:36 pm

I am premium and experience 0 ads. Are you sure you don't have some sort of spyware/malware on your computer?
Brigadier Jippd

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:48 am

adds you mention have got nothing to do with conquer club.
in case you browse/surf over other sites, you will recieve similar adds again.

there is a script for it, you may consider installing it into your chrome browser,
name should be BLOCK ADDS or something like that... google it.
Colonel HardAttack

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby VampireM on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:57 am

HardAttack wrote:adds you mention have got nothing to do with conquer club.
in case you browse/surf over other sites, you will recieve similar adds again.

there is a script for it, you may consider installing it into your chrome browser,
name should be BLOCK ADDS or something like that... google it.

Its called Ad block Plus, free of charge.
Colonel VampireM

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby agentcom on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 am

Count Belisle wrote:I have recently been getting "Blasted" with a lot of Google ads, Large ones too. when I logged in earlier on the log in page it had a link asking if I wanted to stop the ads. when i clicked on the link it took me to the upgrade page. I'm already a paid customer, I think CC is Great, but I pay my $25.00 a year. I don't mind ads on the log in page, but it gets kinda annoying when I'm looking at the forum page and there is a big flashing ad. is there a button since Im a paid customer to turn that off, I don't understand why it would ask if I want to stop the ads and it sends me to the upgrade page.

What worries me is that "it took you to the upgrade page." Are you sure it was the CC url? It would be troubling if someone's cloned the payment page for a little phishing.
Brigadier agentcom

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Return to Questions & Answers