Conquer Club

1v1 Monster Tournament New Game?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

1v1 Monster Tournament New Game?

Postby NeroTolScaeva on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:31 pm

I got a message for the 1v1 Monster tournament saying I should see a new game, but I don't see it. Am I doing something wrong? :?:
Sergeant 1st Class NeroTolScaeva

Re: 1v1 Monster Tournament New Game?

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:40 pm

It looks like you already have 4 games going on, so they probably didn't give you a game because of that. Looks like about 51 people didn't get a game because of this. Check it out: https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... ment_id=86
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Serbia on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:43 pm

I just did a search of the game page, and came up with this:

Players dropped: NeroTolScaeva (You are already playing 4 games - please upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this limitation.)

I'm going to go ahead and call this some bullshit. I'm in this tournament, but I didn't get lucky enough to be randomly selected to play an ineligible player and therefore earn a bye to Round 2. I have to play my 1st round game. Why? Because of some bullshit random slot.

I'm officially protesting this whole entire tournament. If you're going to have auto-tournaments, you should develop some method of weeding out the ineligible players BEFORE the thing starts, just like any community-based organizer would have to do. Random players should not be automatically advancing because a freemium is already involved in four games, or because ScootChina got kicked off the site for cheating.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby NeroTolScaeva on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:49 pm

chapcrap wrote:It looks like you already have 4 games going on, so they probably didn't give you a game because of that. Looks like about 51 people didn't get a game because of this. Check it out: https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... ment_id=86

Oh. I didn't see any rules about that and it said Entry: All comers. Seems a bit unfair to have let me sign up for it then. :?

Serbia wrote:If you're going to have auto-tournaments, you should develop some method of weeding out the ineligible players BEFORE the thing starts, just like any community-based organizer would have to do.

Right, this is exactly what I was thinking. I thought tournament games were separate because it was under a different tab, and if it wasn't, it would've given me an error of something like, "You have 4 active games as a free account. You are unable to register for this tournament," but it didn't.

Anyways, I'll just make sure I have an open slot for any future tournaments. Thank you for the reply!
Last edited by NeroTolScaeva on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class NeroTolScaeva

Postby Serbia on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:05 pm

NeroTolScaeva wrote:
chapcrap wrote:It looks like you already have 4 games going on, so they probably didn't give you a game because of that. Looks like about 51 people didn't get a game because of this. Check it out: https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... ment_id=86

Oh. I didn't see any rules about that and it said Entry: All comers. Seems a bit unfair to have let me sign up for it then. :?

Anyways, I'll just make sure I have an open slot for any future tournaments. Thank you for the reply!

It's completely unfair, not just to you and all the other freemiums, but to everyone in the tournament. This is a serious problem that needs to be fixed.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby rjhankey on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:06 am

And then I see Round 2 involved another handful of players getting another bye round due to inactive accounts and freemiums at their 4 game limit. If you get the right luck of the draw in this one, you could see the quarterfinals without having to roll the dice!
Highest rank/rating -- Major / 2243 points -- May 21, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/XHQnpn5.gif[/img]
Captain rjhankey

Postby xroads on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:42 am

you are supposed to be smart enough to leave an open slot when you know you are in a tourney game.
Major xroads

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Serbia wrote:I'm officially protesting this whole entire tournament. If you're going to have auto-tournaments, you should develop some method of weeding out the ineligible players BEFORE the thing starts, just like any community-based organizer would have to do.

What you're asking for is literally impossible. Since the game load is only one game at a time, the only way to know whether they're ineligible is to check at the start of the tournament whether they have four games or not (we could in principle only allow people to join the tournament if they don't have four games active at the time of joining, but this doesn't make much sense and obviously wouldn't solve the problem). At that point, there are only two choices: force them to lose the round, or boot them from the tournament and wait until another 50 players sign up. The former makes much more sense.

In the world of community tournaments, how would this problem be resolved for tournaments with only one game at a time, aside from making it premium only? If there were a 512 person tournament run by a TO, the exact same types of problems would happen. The only thing community tournaments have that autos don't, in this respect, is reserves.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Serbia wrote:I'm officially protesting this whole entire tournament. If you're going to have auto-tournaments, you should develop some method of weeding out the ineligible players BEFORE the thing starts, just like any community-based organizer would have to do.

What you're asking for is literally impossible. Since the game load is only one game at a time, the only way to know whether they're ineligible is to check at the start of the tournament whether they have four games or not (we could in principle only allow people to join the tournament if they don't have four games active at the time of joining, but this doesn't make much sense and obviously wouldn't solve the problem). At that point, there are only two choices: force them to lose the round, or boot them from the tournament and wait until another 50 players sign up. The former makes much more sense.

In the world of community tournaments, how would this problem be resolved for tournaments with only one game at a time, aside from making it premium only? If there were a 512 person tournament run by a TO, the exact same types of problems would happen. The only thing community tournaments have that autos don't, in this respect, is reserves.

Why not allow people to sign up as reserves for auto-tourneys, then? Even if it means people have to wait, it's much more fair than simply letting the opponent through.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:46 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Why not allow people to sign up as reserves for auto-tourneys, then? Even if it means people have to wait, it's much more fair than simply letting the opponent through.

sempai

While I have no problem with the idea in theory, it presents a new set of problems when we get into later rounds. If we're in Round 3, and someone is overfilled on games, should they be booted from the tournament, or just lose a round?

Also, is anyone likely to actually sign up as a reserve before the tournament starts? That doesn't happen much even in community tournaments. But Serbia takes issue with what happens right as the tournament begins; there was never any time for a reserve to jump in.

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:04 am

Just do a check on their slots and book it for them. Easy.

The main problem with autos is that you win based on what order you entered. I don't think I have ever seen a tournament with those particular win conditions.

I'm not just gloating because I got a bye while Serbia didn't. I also rated Serbia today... Oooh la la
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:13 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Just do a check on their slots and book it for them. Easy.

These tournaments could take weeks to fill. Seems unfair to book the slot for all that time.

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:21 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Just do a check on their slots and book it for them. Easy.

These tournaments could take weeks to fill. Seems unfair to book the slot for all that time.

Not to me, although fairness is subjective.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Captain spiesr

Return to Conquer Club Discussion