Conquer Club

How Should I Ask for a Truce?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: How Should I Ask for a Truce?

Postby darrens99 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:27 am

Truces are an excellent form of strategy, being able to negotiate with other people is what separates playing against people and playing against machines. People who don't like truces are probably people who have no diplomatic skills.

The main thing to watch out for I would say is being absolutely clear of what your proposing, for instance with a truce give parameters, either set an amount of turns it will last stating the round it ends on or make it continuous with one turn to break for example.

In your case a simple "i'm not interested in canada and will withdraw my troops next turn" will do, it doesn't require an answer that way and blue can do as he pleases. This offer isnt a truce however so there is every chance your just feeding blue a bigger army that will come after you.

Don't take it badly if an offer is refused, if somebody breaks an agreement don't bother getting into a verbal rally just state in the chat your truce has been broken and make use of the feedback system to discredit the dishonesty
Captain darrens99

Postby dwilhelmi on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:27 pm

If you have something of legitimate value to offer Blue in the truce, just lay it out. If you don't, then I would not bother - you are not asking for a truce, you are asking for pity.

For example, if Blue is going to waste valuable resources attacking you, simply say something along the lines of "ya know, Blue, I really don't have much of an interest in Canada here, and I know it would be good for you to have. If you hold off for a turn, I will pull out of here, allowing you to take it with fewer losses".

Truces can be very powerful in these games, if used appropriately. Even though I am new here, I would still advise to follow the posted rules - if you go for the truce, do it in chat. It is not impossible to do so - it is the equivalent of making truces in an actual board game version where everyone is in the same room listening.
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby darth emperor on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 pm

KoE_Sirius wrote:
fiestadelimon wrote:for a serious reply, truces have no place in a game of world domination.

QFT........................Exactly.They should be banned.We never had truces in Hasbro.It was strictly against the rules.
A good player can see who needs to be attacked and who needs to be left alone.

Well but this is not Hasbro

Conquer Club is not associated with RISK or Hasbro in any way.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby teakkurtski on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 pm

The best way to ask for a truce is "NOT AT ALL" it's girlie and weak!
Corporal 1st Class teakkurtski

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:18 am

Threaten to suicide against them.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby jaimito101 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:10 am

buy a good bottle of wine, invite them over for dinner talk about mutual benefits that will be achieved by this union, get down on your knees....

well, you get the point.
Colonel jaimito101

Postby xiangwang on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Look at the game chat and game logs of Game 7161863. Really good example of how I went from 6 troops to winning the game with truces (I didn't have to break any truces to win the game either :D ). Diplomacy is key the game. Read my blog on how to get to colonel in under 100 games for more info about truces. Look at my score if u don't believe my way works.
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby jefjef on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:48 pm

jaimito101 wrote:buy a good bottle of wine, invite them over for dinner talk about mutual benefits that will be achieved by this union, get down on your knees....

well, you get the point.

That would be secret diplomacy...
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:36 am

Seriously if you actually want a truce, ask for it. This offends some players, but if you think it's OK it's OK.

My way would usually be more subtle -
"I'm not proposing a truce, a deal, or anything - but I'm gonna do x, I'm not gonna do y unless you do z. So you might want to hit player a not me."

Or occasionally I will propose " I won't hit a from b while you're there, if you won't hit b from a. This lasts all game, but we can attack each other elsewhere, or hit a and b from another direction."
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby teakkurtski on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Take off the skirt and put on some big boy pants. Then go fight your own battles!
Corporal 1st Class teakkurtski

Postby Vartiovuori on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:12 am

jaimito101 wrote:buy a good bottle of wine, invite them over for dinner talk about mutual benefits that will be achieved by this union, get down on your knees....

well, you get the point.

...and then threaten to stab them unless they give you their password?
Sergeant 1st Class Vartiovuori

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion