How should i approach kings court

Information on tactics, scenarios, and all that you'll need to be successful in-game!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: How should i approach kings court

Postby Woodruff on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:02 am

40kguy wrote:dont play it the game went stale in a 2 player game.

It makes absolutely no sense at all for a 2-player game to go stale.

40kguy wrote:Game 8073096
read the game chat i quite because the game was going stale.

So you're a game-quitting jackass and you want to blame it on the map.

40kguy wrote:i also only play freestyle i thought a lot of people knew that. sequential is so boring.

Irrelevant.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby natty dread on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:07 am

Hah, the game barely lasted an hour, 15 rounds, and he complains that "it was going stale"...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Chaegan21 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:47 pm

i've played a couple of games on it now, mostly 6 or 8 player
seen some very different strategies!
in one game the player who won went for archers from the start, then catapults then knights
I prefer to go for villages for 2 rounds, hopefully getting the 3 near your castle depending on the dice and then go for knights
i don't like the archers, catapults or trebs because you can reinforce from them....if you do put men on them you have to make sure not to commit....if you're playing FOW (which i nearly always do) then the archers can be useful to use as scouts because of their direct assault
for me the kights are the key! if you want to win you have to take knights!they're even more important in FOW games because they allow suprise counter attacks!
in all the games i've played nobody has used the nobles to any effect!....it's just too easy to come right in behind somebody if they go for them!they might be usefull in a triples or quads game though and are a nice addition to the map...in one game i managed to trap a player on noble and then take his spoils!
i have to say i do like the map mainly because of all the counter attacking! its impossible to just put your men on a border in defense! you really have to hold men back defending your villages and castles because if you over commit you might just lose all your bonuses in a turn!
There are many different strategies you can use on the map which makes it so good! I've just given one of them that i like at the minute...after a couple of games i might have changed my mind again :)
Lieutenant Chaegan21

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Strategy