Overall 1 v1 Strategy...

Information on tactics, scenarios, and all that you'll need to be successful in-game!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Overall 1 v1 Strategy...

Postby Crazyirishman on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:13 pm

it's fun watching generals argue about attacking.
Captain Crazyirishman

Location: Maine, North Carolina, Colorado or somewhere in between.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby macbone on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 pm

And informative, too! I'm taking notes. =)
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9)
Training Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby King Engineer on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:15 am

Amazing list, I myself learnt a lot from it!
Major King Engineer

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (6) Training Achievement (1)

Postby Heavy-D on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:48 am

Kaskavel makes an excellent point. If you want to win consistently over an extended period of time, maps and scenarios then developing your thinking ability is key. If you want to have a higher than normal probability of winning on the same map repeatedly and redundantly then follow a text book.
General's are where they are as are Fueld Marshals and Majors and so on because of their ability to think. It's a lot like chess. Masters master openings and closings, Grand Masters master the ability to think.
Just my two cents.
Sergeant 1st Class Heavy-D

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby chang50 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:38 am

Heavy-D wrote:Kaskavel makes an excellent point. If you want to win consistently over an extended period of time, maps and scenarios then developing your thinking ability is key. If you want to have a higher than normal probability of winning on the same map repeatedly and redundantly then follow a text book.
General's are where they are as are Fueld Marshals and Majors and so on because of their ability to think. It's a lot like chess. Masters master openings and closings, Grand Masters master the ability to think.
Just my two cents.

I agree totally,I wouldn't bother playing if I thought,as many seem to,that the game is nearly all down to luck.Of course with a dice based game,your personal luck will swing backwards and forwards,if you can't handle that,then maybe dice based games are not for you..
Lieutenant chang50

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Well I get General Kaskavel's point! If you limit your attacking to the odds of the dice then you basically throw away a whole lot of options in strategical play.

A couple of things could be considered repetitive such as 2, 3, 8 and 9 but a bonus is not always an objective. I found this list quite impressive and anyone who can come up with a list such as this to prove his word has to have a hell of a strategical mind.

I think that if we go into the specific details of this list, that even a book could be written and published.

Good work general.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Previous

Return to Strategy