Conquer Club

Whats the big deal

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Whats the big deal

Postby Gweeedo on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:01 am

Is it too much to ask, for you to enter game press the deploy button, and end turn, end reinforcements!

I can understand deadbeating in a 1 min. game.
Anything longer (such as 3 min or 5 ) is unacceptable!

Specially if you just up and leave...not saying a word.
You will most likely get a underachievers rating, with such actions.
I know that some of you have been here for many years and it is default (to deadbeat a lost game).

I do not agree with this. For one thing...I do not trust any of you.
Many players have a habit of playing multiple speed games at one time.
OK so be it, that is no excuse to deadbeat!
Enter in and let your opponent know (that is the least you could do).
Either you have the skillz to play more than one game at a time or you don't.
Why think that you can deadbeat.

For those of you who do not understand what it is that I am trying to get across.

I do not normally play more than one speed game at any one time. Therefor I have to sit and wait for you deadbeaters to run out the clock..3, 5 min. is just too long.
The few times that I have forgotten about a game that somebody has deadbeated in, they come back (thinking that I have long forgotten the game) and try to pull a fast one.

OK, play multiple speed games at the same time. But play the fricken game..That does not include Deadbeating.

OH I lost this game..no need for me to continue. I have other games going on I should try to win them. Re-entering a game that I have already started, just to press two buttons might ruin my chance for victory in the half dozen games I already have going.

If this is your logic, you might want to reevaluate you ability, playing more than one game at a time. :-s
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Re: Whats the big deal

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Before joining a speeder. Click on the persons Profile. Ensure they have a 100% Attendance rating. That should make things like this a lot more rare. Or you can send them a message before joining requesting them not to deadbeat.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Gweeedo on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:31 pm

I wish it was that simple...
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby agentcom on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:42 pm

Deadbeating is against the rules. If someone is doing it intentionally, you can report it. The tough part is showing that they do it often enough that it's obviously intentional. You'd have to find several examples to make your case. Unintentional deadbeating isn't really against the rules. But I'm guessing that if a player is frequently joining more games than they can play, it would be considered point dumping or maybe even intentional deadbeating if they can't possibly play everything they join or they go join other games and then "get too busy" to play the other ones they started.

It doesn't sound like this is the case here, but keep in mind that sometimes players deadbeat out as a sort of favor to you. On a map like Das Schloss or in trench games, DB'ing may be faster than playing it out even if your opponent is just dropping and ending turn. I would think that most people would announce this in chat when they say "gg" or something though. In that case, even though it's against the rules to DB, it would be a pretty dick move to report them when they're trying to save you time :)
Brigadier agentcom

Postby macbone on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Sometimes players do try to sneak a win out of a lost game by pretending to deadbeat and hoping you get bored and leave so they can take the win. If you do find that a player has done this repeatedly, or is a serial deadbeater, you can report them as Agent said above.
Colonel macbone

Return to Conquer Club Discussion