Conquer Club

Dead friends

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Dead friends

Postby Piestar on Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:58 pm

I seem to play in a lot of games with perfect 100 point players, who get dropped out for missing turns.

Is it possible that this is some bizarre strategy involving very short turn multis? Even if this 'dummy' player doesn't attack, it is a clear advanatage to know that a certain player is never going to attack you, and whose forces will become neutrals in a few turns.

It just seems odd that they seem to almost all have a perfect 1000 points.
Sergeant Piestar

Postby hecter on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:04 pm

I don't think so... CC gets a lot of new players who come here, join a game, and think "What the hell is taking so long? What the hell is this shit?" and then disappear never to be seen again.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Catawbain on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:22 pm

I just joined like yesterday lol >.<

I wanted to find a "conquer" related online game, I used to play all the time with friends via boardgame, that changed when I moved 3 years ago, ( south carolina isn't much for boardgames apparently lol ) I really was hoping for something a bit more "fast-paced" but I don't mind popping on every couple of hours to check/move, it does give you plenty of time to strategize and think, which I enjoy.

--- I'd like to be active on the forums, but it doesn't look very newbie friendly :(

I find it hard to initialize in a conversation without knowing the people, I guess it's just my personality ;-)
Cook Catawbain

Postby wacicha on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:31 pm

Nice to have you in. We are new person friendly. well most of us.. do read the add on section to get more out of the site
Major wacicha

Postby BaldAdonis on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:47 am

Catawbain wrote: I'd like to be active on the forums, but it doesn't look very newbie friendly :(

I find it hard to initialize in a conversation without knowing the people, I guess it's just my personality ;-)

Just stay out of flame wars, and you'll be fine. You should download the Greasemonkey script, it will save you a lot of time counting up territories and checking bonuses.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby freezie on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:05 am

Catawbain wrote:
--- I'd like to be active on the forums, but it doesn't look very newbie friendly :(

It's more newbie friendly than you would think :wink:

And don't worry, i am that way too. And I am very alright on the forums :D
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:07 am

freezie wrote:
Catawbain wrote:

It's more newbie friendly than you would think :wink:

And don't worry, i am that way too. And I am very alright on the forums :D

so am i :wink:
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Catawbain on Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:36 pm

I don't think I want to use any add-ons, I can only play 4 games at a time and they all are really slow paced, so taking a few minutes to check where I am at does not bother me, the only thing I have in this world is time, and I have plenty of that :P
Cook Catawbain

Postby Dr_Demento on Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:57 pm

Catawbain wrote:I just joined like yesterday lol >.<

New here too, but I post in a lot of forums. They always seem "newbie unfriendly" when you are the newbie because they already know each other. In a month, you won't be a newbie any more and things will look different.
----------------------------
say, does that script work with fog of war? :twisted:
Lieutenant Dr_Demento

Postby Greven on Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:44 pm

Okay I am new too (well sort of) but since i have been looking for someone to play CC with for a long time I will never miss a turn if I could awoid it. But I have seen a few of my freinds games were they dropped out never even moving. I know I would be mad like hell if someone did it in a game I was in.
A club without the right direction is a misguided stick.
Next-Gen Gamers' thread of reviews.
Sergeant 1st Class Greven

Return to Conquer Club Discussion