Conquer Club

What to do...

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

What to do...

Postby iviv on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:31 am

I'm in a game thats down to three players now, on conquer man. I'm the strongest player, and I'm fortified in the middle area with the main bonuses. Second player is getting a few less armies than I am, roughly the same number of territories, and is spread along the bottom of the map, and the third player is hiding in the top right, few territories and armies, but it would take a couple of turns of focused deploying to take him out,

So, what would you do? As it stands, I am using most of my armies to fend off the bottom player. Steal his diamonds where possible, and generally try and reduce his armies. Luck of the die means that we are not really getting anywhere. I take his stuff, he takes it back, while the other player is sitting in the corner building up. And I'm stuck in the middle.

So, what would you do? Temporarily redirect your forces to the corner so you are no longer fighting on two fronts, but risk looking the cupcake + CM bonus? Or continue the fight in the middle, sending forces to the corner when you can spare them, but not having enough to really fight against him.
Sergeant 1st Class iviv

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:12 am

Keep the diamonds. In fact keep all the bonuses you can keep, but try to loose some more countries. Then keep forting yourself all over the map, keep the count on each of the 30 countries (your new base) low, then when you have enough to crush blue (or the other guy), do so in one fell swoop. So first calculate how many troops you need, then spread them out so you do not look like a real danger, and the turn before you take out one side, collect them all in either a single or a few countries so you can do the greatest amount of damage.

Ps try to keep the route between purple and blue open. Hope they clash with each other.

Basically, you need to start building your army now before you move into the next phase. Lets hope your opponents won’t do the same. If they do, and they get a better army per turn total then you, you need to make sure they do not.

If you got more armies per turn then they do, just wait your time. If you loose on the army total count, then its time to move fast.

By hey it’s just my advice, and you got to 1800+ all on your own. Good luck
Last edited by SirSebstar on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:19 am

game number? that is always helpful.-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:31 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=1577038

try an active gamesearch with iviv, that narrows it down to 2 games, then find the one with 3 opponants.. easy, but easyer with a link, granted
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby iviv on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Sorry, wasn't sure if you could post links to specific games, otherwise you may end up with people posting all their games :P
Sergeant 1st Class iviv

Postby flexmaster33 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:02 pm

try to avoid a middle position from the start...being open to attack from two sides is always a disadvantage...not that it helps much this time. I would probably take out the little guy in the corner just because I hate it when players do nothing but sit there and pile up armies
Lieutenant flexmaster33

Postby iviv on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:26 pm

Yeah, I usually try and avoid getting stuck in the middle, but thats where the bonus is, and sometimes you just have to go out there and grab it when you can :P
Sergeant 1st Class iviv

Return to Conquer Club Discussion