world 2.1

Information on tactics, scenarios, and all that you'll need to be successful in-game!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: world 2.1

Postby Woltato on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Strategy isn't particularly determined by the map, it depends what format you're playing.

escalating spoils is completely different to no spoils,

2 player is completely different to 8 player is completely different to team games e.t.c.
Brigadier Woltato

Medals: 37
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby GrandLupo on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:02 am

LOL My favourate map xD!!!! This one and feudal O_O

I've been experimenting with this map trying def. things etc. And one that I've found to be a dangerous yet quite effective is to try control Europe ASAP! With a little luck of how everybody places troops (on a 1v8) which isn't that bad, cause somebody always goes for oceana, somebody always goes for china area, a couple is always going for parts of Africa, which leaves 4 players to spread across north america/ south america and Europe... So if you're unlucky you'll have one player to contend with in Europe, and even if you do pull the short stick, you have options... Northern part of north america, eastern part of Asia, northern parts of Africa. from that you should at least be able to create a foot hold. In the event that you're lucky/skilled you can grab control of the whole of Europe in 2 rounds easy. Which Gives you an edge, strong early game to start from. where-as south-america, Asia, oceana normally isn't grabbed completely by somebody yet. After you have Europe, my suggestion is to keep expanding, don't sit in tight and build up, cause you have the advantage, don't rush though either. But don't push in for asia, cause you'll weaken yourself and leave many openings. neither Africa cause you'll have expanding south america to contend with and Asia, I.E. be in the middle of a massive fray. Expand into the northern parts of northern america. Securing bonuses and moving on, Like a slow moving avalanche unstoppable and impenetrable. Or course this all depends on very early dominance in Europe, which isn't always that easily achieved. Best type for this is with fog, Unlimited, Freestyle, automatic{ cause you can better discern where players will concentrate in relation to your own positions and whether it is even viable for the Europe tactic O_O} 4-8 players{ where-as 6 players seems to be the happy medium for the Europe tactic }

These are my thoughts on World 2.1, I would certainly enjoy hearing everybody else's opinion on this tactic? In light that it would help me and others xD. I have other tactics for this map as well, but this is the most profound one for me xD
Corporal GrandLupo

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby GrandLupo on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:27 am

Lol maybe the 2 rounds is a bit to little, but it has happened before. :P
Corporal GrandLupo

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby paulk on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:11 am

I almost only play W2.1 and I have a 44% winning rate. Mostly in games with 4 or more players.
Depending on game settings the map can be played in many different ways.
But a few things are coming back over and over.

First of all, go with the flow of the game. Very seldom you have the power to take on everybody else as an enemy.
Try to figure out who will fight who about what and then go in and take over when both have exhausted their armies.

Use the chat. The pen is mightier than the sword. Used right you can win a game through the chat.

Initially try to get a small bonus, Scandinavia, Australia, Central America are all easy to take and hold if you have a few armies around it, since they only have 3 territories each. USA and The Horn are great too, and I also like La Plata, Amazon, China and Southern Africa as starter bonuses if you have a drop that lets you take them in 1-3 rounds. They are all pretty easy to hold and in many cases can develop to a bigger better bonus.

Make the Neutrals work for you. Don't attack a neutral unless you are "sure" to keep the bonus you gain from it. Remember that attacking a +3 neutral is like giving away 3 of your armies. Use the neutrals as walls and shields for your troops and bonuses as much as you can.

Don't leave too many 1's. Spread out your troops. Spot 2's. Many times players have one big army at every entrance to a continent they have and inside it is all 1's. This signals is many times that the player will attack the continent next to it, and therefore if you have the continent next to it you want to neutralize the threat. If you instead spread out your troops so you have some inside your continent, you divert some of the attention from you, plus that if someone attacks you they wont walk around like an uninterrupted cancer inside your continent. And in sensitive areas, if you leave 2 troops instead of 1, miracles happen and your enemies can get so bad dice they loose 10 to 2. This is the most important and interesting part of the game, how people place their armies. It is very much psychology.

If you play double, triple or quadruple, use msn/yahoo messenger/skype.

If you play manual placement and decide to put all your troops in one spot, make sure you put them so you have more than one way out. You might find the grass greener on the other side of the fence.
Major paulk

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Zivel on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:47 pm

How do you break a build game? Everyone has 1000 plus troops?
Sergeant Zivel

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (6) Training Achievement (1)

Postby paulk on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 am

Zivel wrote:How do you break a build game? Everyone has 1000 plus troops?

With diplomacy. Either suggest/demand that someone does something, get into an alliance (Remember that the one asking first for an alliance has the upper hand.) and agree on a truce until someone else is out (+1 regroup turn).

Or, finally, as it was in a tiering build game (I had over 10.000 troops) where we were 3 people left and it was obvious that the one first attacking would loose, we agreed on settling it with another game. Well, that was a bad option for me, got a bad start in the other game and lost both games because of the agreement.
Major paulk

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby rockfist on Sun May 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Do not butt heads.
Colonel rockfist

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)

Postby myfriendkyle on Sun May 30, 2010 8:35 pm

So does everyone think NA is the best option when holding Europe early in the game?
Sergeant 1st Class myfriendkyle

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby rockfist on Sun May 30, 2010 9:19 pm

If you are in Europe or NA, you can't have a strong force in the other one, without a truce.

I have played numerous times on larger (6 player +) 2.1 and have never until recently tried to start in Russia in a regular or Terminator game...I recently tried it and it sucks.

Still 3-0 starting in Maghreb in large games though.
Colonel rockfist

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11)

Postby Rih0 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:17 pm

What if you got north america with not so big troops, somebody got south america with regular troop count, and there's an almost dead player in the middle of both? Would you kill it, or just let for the other one to do so? (no spoils|manual troops)
Cook Rih0

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby benga on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Rih0 wrote:What if you got north america with not so big troops, somebody got south america with regular troop count, and there's an almost dead player in the middle of both? Would you kill it, or just let for the other one to do so? (no spoils|manual troops)

lol man kill me
you already killed us both
mislick!
Colonel benga

Medals: 163
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (33) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby ktn12345 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:08 pm

World 2.1 is also my favorite, and id like to agree that Europe is the best place to start from on this map, but dont count Africa out. ive found that with either starting (south africa or anywhere in europe) that it is a fast way to get get a good foothold. my only suggestion from there is to take whichever you dont have. ie: if you get Europe, move south and if you get africa move north. if you can take both then you have a virtual fortress of roughly 5 entrances with a great troop supply that can move into all other continents easily. just be sure you also take middle east because having iran and moska is part of the "5 entrance" plan.
Private ktn12345

Postby jleonnn on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Hmmm.... For world 2.1, freestyle is the best. If not, the guy who goes last should win. for freestyle, wait for your opponent to attack. After he does, attack everything he previously attacked. It should be easy cuz he should spend a lot of troops attacking.
Major jleonnn

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (1)

Postby nightflyer on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:13 am

Start with a small region first. Don't try going out to conquer Asia or North America right away; go for La Plata, Horn of Africa, Australia. Smaller regions that still give a good bonus. Also don't try making North America a base. It can be attacked by too many regions. For example, a person in Oceania could assault you through Hawaii-Mexico; a European player through Greenland-Iceland; South American player through Central America; or a player based in Asia, who has two attacking points: Hawaii-Mexico and Sakha-Alaska.
Private 1st Class nightflyer

Postby Kaskavel on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:08 pm

In this map, I think that East Asia is probably the best option, followed by S America and N America.
Oceania has the problem of the Hawai territory, necessary for the full bonus, but stuck between America and Asia players. You can end easily wasting too many troops in the 3 North boarders.
Europe has the problem that almost all the bonus goes away if one territory is lost, usually Iberia. This makes the possibility of attacking Europe very attractive compared to other continents.
Africa is too chaotic to put secondary defences. If a line is broken, the player may easily end up in trouble defending his remaining bonuses.
Brigadier Kaskavel

Medals: 42
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy