[Vacation - valid until June 2014]Q*onqr (1v1)

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Q*onqr (1v1) - Gameplay Update 7/29

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:14 pm

I used to play a little Q-bert back in the day, but I was young enough at the time that I think the game was a little beyond me at the time. I think this would make for a cool CC map :) I like the gameplay as it is, it's different than any other CC map that I can think of. I also like the old style arcade version better than the older version, as far as graphics go, since it fits the theme nicely.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (2)

Re: Q*onqr (1v1)

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Any further feedback before I push for a Draft stamp on this one?

Assaults
- Yellow spaces may not assault any other space (these are dead ends)
- Two spaces on each side of the map that border each color disc can assault that color disc.
- Discs may assault any yellow space.
- Green and Purple can assault their same color spaces in bordering hexes.
- If you control the yellow space in a hex the Green and Purple spaces in that hex are adjacent.

Bonuses
+1 for holding all three spaces in a given hex.
+2 for each space in the three hexes bordering the Power Ball

Win Conditions
if you hold all of the spaces of a given color at the beginning of your turn you win.

Assaults
- Yellow spaces may not assault other spaces.
- Spaces that border their corresponding color disc may assault that disc.
- Disc’s may assault any yellow space.
- Green and Purple spaces may assault the opposite color in a hex where you control the yellow space.
- Green and Purple spaces may assault their same color in adjacent hexes

Starting Troops
- All cube sides start with 3
- Disc's start with 5 neutral and are Killer 5
- The marked territories start as player 1 or player 2 (red or blue) all other are neutral

Decay
Spaces in the three hexes that border red monsters lose one per turn

Killer
Disc’s reset to 5 every turn when held

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: Q*onqr (1v1)

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:52 pm

dolomite13 wrote:Any further feedback before I push for a Draft stamp on this one?

=D13=

None from me at least.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (2)

Re: Q*onqr (1v1) - Final Feedback Before I Push For Draft St

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:55 am

dolomite, before you can get a stamp, you need to enter the drafting room. Would you like this there? Also, have you asked for 2 players only for nobodies?
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: Q*onqr (1v1) - Final Feedback Before I Push For Draft St

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:37 am

koontz1973 wrote:dolomite, before you can get a stamp, you need to enter the drafting room. Would you like this there? Also, have you asked for 2 players only for nobodies?

I messaged him this afternoon and we shall see what he says =)

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Q*onqr (1v1) - Seeking 1v1 Approval

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 am

I am officially asking for permission to create this 1v1 map.

If accepted please move it up to the drafting room when you have time.

=D13=

I know there is a 3 map limit in the foundry but here is the status of all of my maps.
* Conquer 500 - is in Beta and should be quenched soon after the latest update is pushed.
* Krazy Kingdoms - is in XML check and should be in Beta soon.
* Homeworlds - Is in Gameplay and Graphics development in the main foundry
- Q*onqr - In the Melting Pot awaiting 1v1 approval.
- Valentines Day Map - Still in melting pot awaiting approval to become a seasonal map.
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Re: Q*onqr (1v1) - Seeking 1v1 Approval 9/9

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Currently reconsidering how discs work. Currently only two spaces on the map can assault each disc. I would like to change this and probably will.

Possible New Idea
- Purple sides that border the left edge of the map (their are 6) may assault the purple disc.
- Green sides that border the right edge of the map (their are 6) may assault the green disc.
- Discs can assault any yellow location that borders either edge of the map.
- Discs reset to ??? neutral when held.

* Need to add a symbol to the sides that are linked to the discs.

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:12 pm

It has been a while that there's no more map limit in the foundry... :)

Anyway, I have no reason to not allow this map as 1vs1 only.
Remember that it doesn't mean you have a free pass through the foundry. ;)

Let's move this into the drafting room, where we can understand a bit better if there's desire for this map...if there's...then it can be a 1vs1 map.

Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Excellent ... ok so who wants to see this as a 1v1 map. We need some interest here so that I can continue work on this... I know we had a lot of feedback in the melting pot but now that were in the drafting room a whole new round can begin.

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby DearCyrus on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:30 pm

I will be honest... I'm kinda on the fence with this one. I like the look, but I am not in love with the gameplay. The worst part is I have no real idea how I would adjust it. I will try to post more after I review it again.
Private 1st Class DearCyrus

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:28 am

Here is an updated image with more appropriate gameplay.

I want to start over and redo almost all of the graphics on this if we can get to a decent state for gameplay and interest. I would like the legend to be more symbolic than text heavy so I am working on sketching that out and will have that revision soon as well.

=D13=

Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Re: Q*onqr (1v1) - Seeking Input 10/1

Postby generalhead on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:54 pm

The graphics look good.
I am not a good person to comment on game play though.
Sergeant generalhead

Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (14) General Contribution (1)

Postby MrBenn on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:25 pm

I haven't looked at the gameplay at all, but the cube-grid needs to be rotated so it's the right way round (so the perpendicular lines are vertical)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby DearCyrus on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 am

MrBenn wrote:I haven't looked at the gameplay at all, but the cube-grid needs to be rotated so it's the right way round (so the perpendicular lines are vertical)

agree.
Private 1st Class DearCyrus

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:36 pm

I will have a chance later this week to work on the next iteration of graphics and gameplay. I initially tilted it because I planned on it only roughly looking like a video game. Now that I have embraced the classic arcade stand up look I also agree that the cubes should be brought upright.

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box