Standard Games Rule Change

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Should playing public standard with real-life friends be considered a rule-violation?

1. Yes, CC should change the rule.
33%
2. No, CC shouldn't change the rule.
67%

Total votes : 51

Re: Standard Games Rule Change

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:50 pm

My argument is that people will subconsciously favor a friend. Seems pretty natural to me. It takes a great deal of effort and concentration to "forget" in a game that the person is a real life friend. Most people cannot muster this kind of discipline so the best solution is to remove the possibility.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby rhp 1 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:My argument is that people will subconsciously favor a friend. Seems pretty natural to me. It takes a great deal of effort and concentration to "forget" in a game that the person is a real life friend. Most people cannot muster this kind of discipline so the best solution is to remove the possibility.

I totally agree with this except for the part about automatically (subconsciously was the word you used) favoring a friend... my point was that that doesn't necessarily mean that you're gonna be on your "friend's side" so to speak...

I also agree with Fitz in regards to the "cheaters are gonna cheat" position... there's only so much legislating you can do... a lot of it is gonna have to come after the fact with rules enforcement.. unfortunate, but the way it's probably gonna be...
Major rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Kaskavel on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:54 pm

I have not read the whole topic, but I ve stated again elsewhere, I do not play standard flats-no spoils-nuclear with friends, but I do play escalating games (and assasins). It is hard to cheat there...
Brigadier Kaskavel

Medals: 42
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby 2dimes on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:47 pm

How do you tell who's a friend in real life vs. someone they've become sort of friends with online.

There's also some groups on here that like to play only with their friends to avoid the ocasional jerk that makes games less fun for them. What about that?
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:49 pm

2dimes wrote:There's also some groups on here that like to play only with their friends to avoid the ocasional jerk that makes games less fun for them. What about that?

Private games.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Previous

Return to General Discussion