Conquer Club

Remember when...

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Remember when...

Postby happy2seeyou on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Post some of things you remember from when you started, the past year or past month... that happened in CC. There are so many things that we have forgotten.

Wicked taking over the "live chat". :lol:
Captain happy2seeyou

Re: Remember when...

Postby azezzo on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:30 pm

codeblue1018 apologizing,

codeblue1018 wrote:Well, I am sure this will get a mixed response, however, with that said, I would like to offer my apology to all those that I've offended on this site. I don't intend this apology to be an immediate fix or a fix at all to those who were affected. The suggestion to apologize to the members of this site was brought to my attention by many, however, at that time, the suggestions were ignored until now.

Looking back at my behavior on past archived games is embarrassing to say the least. Believe it or not, this is not how I am as a person. Nonetheless, I am sorry. I will not be checking back to read the comments or make responses for that matter. To those that accept, I thank you. I will from this point forward change all facets of my Conquer Club membership!

Thank you, Codeblue1018
Captain azezzo

Postby Timminz on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:03 pm

When the "Conqueror" had only 1000 points.
Captain Timminz

Postby KoolBak on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Gotta love Dugcarr......
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby Fruitcake on Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:04 pm

The weekend of revolt when wicked was shown the door.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46658&p=1454115&hilit=limes#p1454115

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby mibi on Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:06 pm

I remember when Rhonaldino has the most annoying sig banners ever.
Captain mibi

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:21 pm

What were the first 8 colors? I know they were switched after the color committee got a hold of them. Seems like feb 2008?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby The Neon Peon on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:55 pm

The two months when every other thread in CC was about farming.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:02 pm

Bruceswar wrote:What were the first 8 colors? I know they were switched after the color committee got a hold of them. Seems like feb 2008?

im thinking brown but probably am wrong
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby L M S on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Premium was $20.
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lackattack on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:47 am

When I was a new recruit there were only 8 ranks and they looked like this:

Sergeant lackattack

Postby obliterationX on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:49 am

lackattack wrote:When I was a new recruit there were only 8 ranks and they looked like this:

That, sir, is some extremely arousing material.

=D>
Colonel obliterationX

Postby lackattack on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:51 am

I also remember when the game screen looked like this:

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby TeeGee on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:54 am

I remember Kamchatka, still miss that old place
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby azezzo on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:58 am

lackattack wrote:I also remember when the game screen looked like this:

Click image to enlarge.

Why in the world would you bring up the TRUE classic map?

a) to make me cry
b) to provoke new " bring back the classic map" threads
c) to remind people that the current revamp is slower than Christmas, oh wait, now that would be a GREAT Christmas present, to release the new classic map on Christmas
Captain azezzo

Postby keyborn on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Click image to enlarge.

Uh Oh...if Robinette sees this, she might start crying...

The krusher saga.... :roll:
Brigadier keyborn

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:03 pm

.... JR finally admitted to being the original king of farming?
Major Bones2484

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Click image to enlarge.

Wicked just contacted Hasbro because there is a screen shot posted on this forum of their product.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Fruitcake on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:11 pm

Click image to enlarge.

Obviously bue wasn't aware of the way the assault cubes run judging by the highly optimistic attack stage....

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby keyborn on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Remember when...

we could actually leave real feedback describing our experiences and opponents, good or bad, in a particular game...some of those comments will always be classics...
Brigadier keyborn

Postby happy2seeyou on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Remember when AK_Iceman deleted spamalot
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby Incandenza on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:45 pm

Remember when World 2.0 was still being worked on in the foundry... and North America and Alexander's Empire were the shiny new maps...
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Georgerx7di on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:52 pm

I remember when colonel was 2,000-3,000 and 3,000+ was general. I remember when there were only about 6 generals and everyone else was a colonel or less.

I remember when we used to play rt's (real time games) without the speed setting. When someone thought that they had a kill shot they would say out of courtesy "I need a few minutes" and the other 5 players would respond "take your time".

I remember when there was no callouts in live chat, we would go into live chat and just keep posting something like

rt 260315 pw = rt

Then once you got some friends who played well you'd just pm people and not take randoms anymore.

I remember when maniac math was conqueror from playing 6 player std. seq. esc. games. I remember when robin made it up to #4 on the scoreboard. I remember when joecoolfrog was at 78 games and had enough points to be colonel but not enough games played. I remember commenting to scott that this new guy is pretty good.

I remember when I thought playing a game on asia or middle earth was variety.

I remember when people wouldn't get the pm's in time so they would come in and rail the rt games, and we would have 10 or 12 people in there chattering back and forth.

I remember when me and scott would have discussions after the game of possible mistakes we made and what the right play was. We would come up with names for strategies like "hedging". I remember way back when we all used to fight over australia and south america like noobs.

I remember when we used to care about points, and think that that was a good measure of ability. I remember when comicboy was a captain. I remember when nuke used to attack 1 roll at a time 60 vs 50 because he didn't trust auto attack.

I remember popping in a few times during my 14 months off from cc and seeing guys that we used to play rt's with being conqueror, comicboy, poo maker, scott.

I remember that When I came back to cc after splitting up with the wife again, that scott introduced me to a lot of new people, and to speed games. I remember finding incan and hett (or hr as I always call him) in one of my first games back. Then eventually running into other old friends, Tisha, Clapper, Happy and others from the old days.

I'll stop my reminiscing now as I have gone too far.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby happy2seeyou on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:I remember when colonel was 2,000-3,000 and 3,000+ was general. I remember when there were only about 6 generals and everyone else was a colonel or less.

I remember when we used to play rt's (real time games) without the speed setting. When someone thought that they had a kill shot they would say out of courtesy "I need a few minutes" and the other 5 players would respond "take your time".

I remember when there was no callouts in live chat, we would go into live chat and just keep posting something like

rt 260315 pw = rt

Then once you got some friends who played well you'd just pm people and not take randoms anymore.

I remember when maniac math was conqueror from playing 6 player std. seq. esc. games. I remember when robin made it up to #4 on the scoreboard. I remember when joecoolfrog was at 78 games and had enough points to be colonel but not enough games played. I remember commenting to scott that this new guy is pretty good.

I remember when people wouldn't get the pm's in time so they would come in and rail the rt games, and we would have 10 or 12 people in there chattering back and forth.

I remember when me and scott would have discussions after the game of possible mistakes we made and what the right play was. We would come up with names for strategies like "hedging". I remember way back when we all used to fight over australia and south america like noobs.

I remember when we used to care about points, and think that that was a good measure of ability. I remember when comicboy was a captain. I remember when nuke used to attack 1 roll at a time 60 vs 50 because he didn't trust auto attack.

I remember popping in a few times during my 14 months off from cc and seeing guys that we used to play rt's with being conqueror, comicboy, poo maker, scott.

I remember that When I came back to cc after splitting up with the wife again, that scott introduced me to a lot of new people, and to speed games. I remember finding incan and hett (or hr as I always call him) in one of my first games back. Then eventually running into other old friends, Tisha, Clapper, Happy and others from the old days.

Those are all good ones. I also remember when in live chat you could change your name. I would go in there and change my name to Big Yuma Ripper.

I remember when Fireside Poet came into chat to let Kid_A know that he was thinking about him while driving and realized Kids name backwards was A-diK.

I remember when the Stache wackers were everywhere.
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby vodean on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:40 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:I remember when colonel was 2,000-3,000 and 3,000+ was general. I remember when there were only about 6 generals and everyone else was a colonel or less.

rt 260315 pw = rt

wow!!! i remember before manual games.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion